If you want to present your guests with some amazing wedding favours, then why not think outside the box and give them something that’s a little bit different?
From personalised teabags to temporary tattoos and shot glasses that are guaranteed to get the party started, we’ve come up with 65 unusual wedding favour ideas that are sure to go down a treat with your wedding guests.
These alternative wedding favours include something different for every couple and suit a range of different budgets. So whether you're happy to splurge or are on the look out for something wedding budget friendly, we've got the perfect pick for you in our round-up below!
1. Mini Vase Wedding Favour – £2.45, Sprinkle More Joy at Not On The High Street
Add your guests' initials to these beautiful mini vases and they'll act like a place setting that they can keep! They'll be the perfect way to add a floral touch to your wedding day.
2. No Ugly Crying Handkerchief – £17, Mr Teacup at Not On The High Street
How adorable are these hand sewn handkerchiefs? Ideal if you know your guests will shed a few tears, you can choose from a number of embroidery colours to suit their taste.
3. Wedding Favour Fancy Matches – £11, Lil' Something at Not On The High Street
Take the gift of matches up a level by giving your guests these colourful cuties from Lil' Something. They're stored in the most gorgeous bottles that will fit into any wedding theme and who doesn't appreciate a 'perfect match' pun?
4. Crystal Wedding Favours – £3.50, Bridea at Etsy
Planning a celestial wedding? These crystal wedding favours will be the most magical finishing touch and are bound to bring good energy to your big day. Choose from happiness, love, calm, luck or harmony.
5. Bespoke Macron Wedding Favour – £4.50, The English Rose Bakery at Not On The High Street
You can't beat a sweet treat so your guests are sure to adore these bespoke macrons. They've been given a gorgeous wedding-ready in pretty pink and rose gold - all you have to do is choose two flavours from pistachio, salted caramel, vanilla, lemon, rose, raspberry, chocolate, hazelnut and Nutella, choc orange...
READ MORE: 25 Christmas Wedding Favour Ideas
6. Personalised Vintage Silver Plated Wedding Favour Spoon – £20, Le de da Living! at Not On The High Street
These teaspoons are a little on the pricier side, but if you're having an intimate gathering they could be perfect! We can see them looking seriously sweet at a garden tea party and love the idea of your guests having them to treasure for years to come.
7. Personalised Photo Wedding Favour Sweets – £16, Foo Digital at Not On The High Street
Your guests will be smiling ear to ear if you go for these personalised photo printed sweets as wedding favours. They are really thoughtful and we bet they won't have seen (or eaten) anything like it before!
8. Personalised Chopstick Wedding Favours – from £56.11, Your Happy Day at Not On The High Street
How about adding these gorgeous engraved chopstick wedding favours to your cutlery sets? They are crafted from high quality bamboo so your guests will be able to use them time and time again.
9. Botanical Copper Frame Wedding Favours – £9, The Handmade Favour at Etsy
If you're having dried flower décor at your wedding, keep the theme throughout with these delicate copper frame floral wedding favours. They'll look lovely placed on the table as well as hanging up in your guests' homes.
10. Fortune Cookie Wedding Favour – £90 for 150, Bunting & Barrow at Not On The High Street
Fortune cookie wedding favours are a highly affordable option and such a great way to break the ice when your wedding guests sit down. It’s a favour, table game and table decoration all in one! If you want to spend a bit extra, you could even go luxe with these metallic fortune cookies.
READ MORE: 22 Chocolate Wedding Favour Ideas
11. Vegan Classic American Pancake Mix – £5, The Little Pancake Company at Not On The High Street
12. Floral Origami Cranes – £5, The Origami Man at Etsy
These elegant, floral origami cranes will look so sophisticated placed on your wedding tables and make a fun favour for guests to take home. Dab hand at paper crafts? DIY your own with this beautiful origami paper.
13. White Wedding Favour Flip Flops – £3.99, Hitched Shop
Buy It Now
14. Flower Seed Packets – £12.95 for 10, Wedding in a Teacup at Not On The High Street
Your guests will adore these packets of seeds from Wedding in a Teacup that grow into beautiful Forget Me Nots. The packets have a charming rustic design and your guests will be reminded of your wedding when their flowers start to grow.
15. Custom Frosted Shot Glasses – from £1.39, Hitched Shop
All the adults can raise a shot to toast the happy couple with these personalised shot glasses. The glasses feature a logo (there’s a huge choice!) and your names and wedding date. Choose your favourite spirits to share around and have a non-alcoholic option available.
READ MORE: Three Easy DIY Food Wedding Favours
16. Puzzle Pieces – £24.99 for 50, Manta Makes Ltd at Etsy
These custom puzzle pieces from Manta Makes are a sweet way of thanking your guests for being a part of your celebration.
17. Personalised Rock Candy - £12 for 75, Say It With A Sweetie
Give a subtle nod to the seaside at a coastal wedding by gifting everyone a slice of rock. Individually packaged with biodegradable and compostable plastic free wrappers scatter them on your tables as a sweet treat.
18. Stacked Pineapple Salt and Pepper Shaker Set – from £3.33 each, Hitched Shop
Having a summer wedding? We love a tropical theme and reckon these pineapple salt and pepper shakers make for the perfect quirky favour. Stick personalised labels on the top and lay them out across your tables for a look guests will adore.
19. Mini Olive Oil – £266.80 for 65, The Greek Pantry at Etsy
Mini bottles of condiments, balsamic vinegar or infused olive oil make great take home treats. Every guest will appreciate one of these fine Greek olive oil favours, which is homegrown and bottled in the Peloponnese, Greece. They’ve got a huge number of fresh herbs and flavours they can infuse the oil with, from rosemary and oregano to chilli, lemon, garlic or sweet peppers. If you’re after something spicier, what about a mini bottle of sriracha? It’s a perfect taste of your upcoming honeymoon!
20. Matchbox Games – £3.95, Nest at Not On The High Street
With 15 different brain-teasing designs to pick from, you’ll keep your guests entertained during any quieter moments of dinner (and little ones’ hands busy during the speeches!) with these bestselling matchbox puzzles from Nest.
21. Boat Wheel Magnet – from £1.49, Hitched Shop
If you're having a seaside wedding why not incorporate the theme into your wedding favours? These adorable 'Our Course is Set' boat wheel magnets will remind your guests of your special day whenever they head to the fridge for a snack!
22. Personalised Gin Wedding Favours – £5.99, Hearth & Heritage at Not On The High Street
If you are an avid gin lover then share your passion with your wedding guests – we adore these pretty little gin favours from Hearth & Heritage. They come filled with either gin, pink gin, whisky or vodka, are personalised with your wedding date and names, and come in various colourways.
23. Custom Portrait Temporary Tattoos – £148.16 for 100, Cookillu at Etsy
Who needs the pain of the real thing? Temporary tattoos are a great unusual wedding favour – these ones feature a custom portrait of you both with your name and wedding date. Your guests will absolutely adore them.
24. Popcorn Boxes – from 86p, Erickson Design at Etsy
25. Sunglasses – £4, Hitched Shop
We love the idea of giving your guests fun colourful sunglasses as a wedding favour. Whether it's a destination getaway or a night in the city, they look awesome in wedding photos.
26. Hangover Kits – £21.62 for 30, Plins Bags at Etsy
Everyone will be enjoying a tipple or two on your wedding day so make sure that there are no sore heads after by handing out hangover kits. How cute are these bags! Fill them with things like chocolate, paracetamol, mints and an eye mask.
27. Lottery Tickets – £7 for 10 Holders + £2 a Ticket, Wedding in a Teacup at Not On The High Street
Feeling lucky? If you are, then share your luck with your guests by giving them a lottery ticket. This is a fun and affordable favour idea that could lead to some big wins! Pop the tickets in these romantic ‘lucky in love’ ticket holders from Wedding in a Teacup. There’s also a scratchcard version if you want to go for a slightly cheaper option!
28. Personalised Succulents – £135 for 20, The Gluttonous Gardener at Not On The High Street
For a unique keepsake of your wedding day, choose one of these exotic succulents from The Gluttonous Gardener. They’re simple enough for even the least green-fingered to grow and come in these cute terracotta pots. Each pot comes with a weatherproof label personalised with your names and the date of the big day.
29. Wedding Sparklers – £8 for 12 Sparkler Covers, Sixpence Paperie at Not On The High Street
If your guests use their sparkler favours on the day itself then you can guarantee some amazing wedding photos. Sparklers give an amazing touch to an outdoor evening reception. These sparkler covers add a bit of fun and can be personalised with your names and wedding date. The sparklers themselves only cost pennies when you bulk buy.
30. Personalised Chocolate Favours – £1.95, Morse Toad
Offer your wedding guests a sweet treat with these chocolate initial wedding favours from Morse Toad. The milk chocolate sets can feature up to three initials or characters and are utterly delicious. You can be certain these will all find a home by the end of the night.
READ MORE: The Best Chocolate Wedding Favours
31. Pick ‘n’ Mix Bags – £4.99 for 25, Amazon
If one of you has a serious sweet tooth, fill Victorian sweet shop-style retro jars with your favourite sweets, and let your guests go wild packing cute foiled paper bags with a sugary assortment. You could even add a vintage touch by hiring a sweetie cart for guests to choose their own pick ‘n’ mix.
32. Luggage Tags – £125.40 for 50, Bluebell Press UK at Etsy
If you’re having a destination or travel themed wedding, these white, embossed, leather-look luggage tags are ideal. They’ll come printed with each of your guests’ names inside so you can use them as place cards too. They’re super chic and very high quality-looking for the price. We also love these personalised faux leather luggage tags that come in pink, navy or grey.
33. Grow Your Own Chilli Kit – £7, Beecycle at Not On The High Street
If you’ve got something on your menu that has a bit of a fiery kick to it, why not give out chilli-growing kits as wedding favours? Be warned though, these favours might not be suitable for children or those with sensitive taste buds! Luckily Beecycle have loads of kits to choose from, including strawberries, basil, cherry tomatoes and more.
If you’re getting married in winter and are looking for Christmas wedding ideas to give a festive touch to proceedings, then why not hand out Christmas crackers as wedding favours? These crackers come with your guests’ names in handwritten calligraphy and can be bought ready made up or as a kit for you to fill with a variety of small gifts (we love those Brussels sprout chocolates!). They double as place cards so you’ll save on those.
35. Personalised Lollipops – from £1.25, The Little Lollipop Shop
These vegan and halal friendly lollipops from The Little Lollipop Shop are a cute and delicious favour idea for your guests and they can be personalised to include your initials. There’s over 40 varieties to choose from including edible rose petals, lace, confetti and sparkles.
36. Jam Pots with Personalised Guest Name Tags – from £3.25, Suzanne Oddy Design at Etsy
Whether it’s homemade or shop-bought, jam is a perfect favour idea for a vintage style wedding – particularly if you are having afternoon tea in place of a traditional wedding breakfast. We adore these little fabric-covered jam pots from Suzanne Oddy Design. You can pick from Tiptree marmalade, strawberry or blackcurrant jam, or salted caramel spread. The personalised tags double as place cards too!
37. Personalised Tea Packet Favours – £7 for 10, Wedding in a Teacup at Not On The High Street
Everyone loves a good brew. We adore these ‘Love is Brewing’ personalised teabags from Wedding in a Teacup that you can fill with loose leaf or a luxury tea bag. You could mix things up a bit by putting in unusual flavours, like English rose or toffee apple.
38. Wooden Laser Cut Place Names – from 80p, The Studio at 22 at Etsy
The personalised place names come in everything from rustic wood to clear acrylic and rose gold mirror. They’re laser-cut with each guests’ name so they can take them home and put them on display - the perfect desk accessory!
39. Wedding Festival Wristbands – £1.25, Wedfest at Not On The High Street
If you’re planning a ‘wedfest’ (a festival themed wedding), then make your friends and family feel like VIPs by handing out wristbands. We love these ‘Our Wedding Day’ ones from Not On The High Street.
READ MORE: The Ultimate Festival Wedding Guide
40. Personalised Lip Balm – from £1.54, Hitched Shop
Your guests will love these cute lip balms from Hitched Shop. You can choose from a range of colours to suit your wedding theme and personalise with a message, your wedding date and family name or initials!
READ MORE: 21 Homemade DIY Wedding Favours
4. Name Badges – £1.10, Wedding in a Teacup at Not On the High Street
If you want to make sure your wedding favour isn’t left on the table then a name badge will be perfect as every guest will love to wear one! We adore these pretty pastel badges from Wedding in a Teacup that easily double as a place card. There’s a choice of colour and font, and a lovely rustic Kraft paper badge too that works so well for a barn wedding.
READ MORE: 19 Delicious Edible Wedding Favours
42. Adult Colouring Books – £4.99, Amazon
No longer just a fun activity for children, colouring for grown ups is now all the rage. We guarantee that everyone will be hooked once they start scribbling away! Insignia Coloring Books on Amazon have a fantastic range of designs.
43. Wedding Candle – from £2.19, Hitched Shop
These custom printed candles from the Hitched Shop are tealight sized which makes them ideal candle wedding favours. This love wreath design is a bestseller and we can see why. The gold complements the green wonderfully!
44. Personalised CD Sleeve Favours – £10 for 10, Sixpence Paperie at Not On The High Street
If you’re giving your guests the soundtrack of your special day to take home or a CD filled with cute couple pictures, then you could consider popping the disks in these personalised CD sleeves from Sixpence Paperie. They come in a pack of 10 and we love the sleeve’s bold font.
45. Mulled Wine & Cider Spices – £2.99, The Spice Kitchen
Leave little bottles of spices or mulled wine and cider spices on your tables as a thoughtful favour idea. If you want to go DIY, source the spices from Asian supermarkets or food shops and pour them into little jars. Finish by attaching a pretty bow and a personalised label.
46. Personalised Hand Fan – from £1.09 each, Hitched Shop
Having a summer or sunny destination wedding? The Hitched Shop has a range of personalised fan designs that guests will be very grateful of indeed in the hot weather! Include your names, wedding date, venue, wedding party details or just a message of thanks!
47. Customised Bottle Openers – £2.19 each, Hitched Shop
A cute personalised bottle opener will be a fun wedding favour that your guests will use again and again. The rose gold and marble feels very chic.
48. Buttercup Bus VW Camper Photo Booth
Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers provide mobile campervan photobooths throughout London, Surrey, Sussex, and Kent. Grab your partner and get your pose on, then leave a silly picture of the two of you on everyone’s seat. Guests can grab some fab photo booth props and return the favour with a thoughtful, fun keepsake for themselves.
READ MORE: 29 Bridesmaid Gift Ideas For Every Budget
49. Personalised Drinks Coasters – from £1.09, Hitched Shop
If you like a good tipple then a drinks coaster with personalised initials, a message or humorous quote is a perfect favour idea.
50. Coffee Stencil – £12.50, Sophia Victoria Joy at Not On The High Street
Go all fancy with your favours and present guests with a coffee stencil so that they can take their hot beverage to the next level. These wedding themed stencils from Sophia Victoria Joy can be personalised with both your names or your guests’ names.
51. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts – from £1.85, Krispy Kreme
Unleash your inner Homer Simpson and give your guests a delicious doughnut. Pop them in individual boxes for a special touch – Krispy Kreme sell single boxes of doughnuts that would make amazing favours.
52. Scrabble Pieces Place Cards – £1.30, Jodie Gaul at Etsy
Give a romantic nod to this board game favourite by handing out Scrabble pieces that spell out a cute message and combining with these amazing Scrabble place cards.
53. Notebooks – from £1.89, Hitched Shop
A notebook is one of life’s essentials, and these personalised ones are so affordable. There's lots of different designs to choose from, but we think this one would be ideal for a spring wedding.
READ MORE: 37 Ways to Personalise Your Wedding
54. Personalised Photo Message Bottle – £10, Instajunction at Not On The High Street
If your wedding has a nautical or travel theme, then a message in a bottle favour is an easy way to follow this. You can make them yourselves or, if you have a bit more budget, how gorgeous are these photo messages in a bottle with a picture of you both and a message on the back!
55. Mini Board Games – £22.50 for 30, Baker Ross
If your wedding guests have travelled from far and wide to be at your special day, then a retro game like Snakes and Ladders or Scrabble will keep them entertained on the journey back. Buy the games in a smaller, travel size to make them favour appropriate. This 4-in-a-row game is 60p a favour!
56. Personalised Wine Cork Stopper – £9.99, Natural Gift Store at Not On The High Street
For an eco-friendly wedding favour, consider these 100% natural wine stoppers, made from beech and cork. They’re reusable, recyclable and super stylish looking. It’ll remind every guest of your day when they pop open a bottle.
57. Organic Mini Handmade Soap – £1.50, Banks-Lyon Botanical at Not On The High Street
These cute soaps in gorgeous scents make a perfect finishing touch to your wedding tables. You’ll get sent a random selection of scents, including honey & oatmeal, cocoa & shea butter, and almond oil.
READ MORE: The Best Groomsmen Gift Ideas
58. Diamond Bubble Blowers - £10.99 for 10, Hitched Shop
Hand these fun diamond bubble blowers out at your reception and wow your guests. They're a really fun and entertaining touch, plus can you imagine how good your wedding photographs will be with bubbles blowing around!
59. Love Cake Pops – £62.50 for 24, Aunt Banty's Bakery at Etsy
If you're feeling creative, these treats on a stick can be made at home, or you can buy ones to fit your theme. We love these amazing love cake pops from Aunty Banty's Bakery – they'd look fabulous with a classic pastel pink colour scheme!
60. Personalised Wedding Coins – £125.10 for 100, Keepsake Coins
We doubt any of your guests will have ever received a custom coin with your face on before! These are such an incredible keepsake. The coins are hand-crafted in lead-free pewter and given an antique finish that brings out the detail on the finished coin i.e. your faces.
61. Tiny Bird's Nests - from 96p, Hitched Shop
How adorable are these mini bird's nests?! Perfect for an Easter wedding, pop a few mini eggs into the nest and leave on the placemats for an after dinner treat.
62. Personalised Mints - from £299, The Pure Moment at Etsy
You and your partner might not be the only ones puckering up on your wedding day. Make sure your guest's breath stays fresh with these cute personalised mints. With an adorable tag labelled 'mint to be' who could resist!
63. Minatare Watering Can - from £1.69, Hitched Shop
These cute watering cans add a touch of rustic charm to a summer wedding. You can fill them with fresh flowers, foliage, napkins or even cutlery. Go one step further and add a personalised sticker so they can double as wedding favours and table place names.
64. Wedding Favour Tissues – from £1.92 each, Hitched Shop
If your wedding speeches get emotional, your guests will be grateful of these wedding tissue favours. With a classic Tiffany blue design, they'll look seriously classy on your tables.
65. Personalised Golf Balls - from £3.29, Hitched Shop
If you have a sporty crew joining you for you wedding day, they'll love these personalised golf balls. Better yet, if you're marrying at a wedding venue with a golf course they'll be able to test them out during the weekend.
On a tight budget? Check out these cheap wedding favours - you'll be amazed at what you can get for less than £1!