4 Top Tips for Buying High Street Bridesmaid Dresses
- If you’re buying bridesmaid dresses from a high street store, do a recce online first and call the shops ahead to see if they have the styles and sizes you like – if not, order them in to try on.
- When you’re ordering online, think about upgrading to a one-off delivery fee that’ll get you free delivery for a whole year. It’ll make buying several sizes to try on and return a much easier (and cheaper) experience.
- Brands like ASOS and Oasis often do the same style dress in different lengths and across their petite and tall ranges. If your bridesmaids are lots of different heights or body shapes, this is your best bet for finding a dress they feel comfortable in.
- Don’t assume that just because you’re buying different styles of navy dresses from the same shop, they’ll be the same shade of navy. Lots of brides love the mix-and-match looks, but if consistency is key for you make sure you compare the dresses in real life in good lighting.
Starting from just £20, here’s our pick of the best cheap high street bridesmaid dresses for 2021.
- Bridesmaid Dresses Under £50
- Bridesmaid Dresses Under £80
- Bridesmaid Dresses Under £100
- Bridesmaid Dresses Under £150
NB: We have included third party products to help you navigate and enjoy life’s biggest moments. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission.
£50 is actually a very reasonable budget for a bridesmaid dress, you just have to be savvy with where you shop. Online sites are your key players here, like Nasty Gal or Boohoo, but high street stores like New Look, H&M and even Zara are also great places to find a bargain.
1. Satin Dress - £34.99, H&M
This satin lilac bridesmaid dress is gorgeous and comes in a variety of other hues, including a dusky rose and a light beige. Regardless of what colour you choose, the balloon sleeves, cinched waist and gathered seams will ensure your team feel like the stars they are on the day.
2. Tie-Back Dress - £19.99, H&M
Going for black bridesmaid dresses? This H&M dress is an excellent option: smart enough for a special occasion, but cool enough that your ‘maids will want to wear it over and over again. The lightweight fabric makes it a great choice for summer ceremonies.
3. Pink Satin Bustier Pleated Midi Dress - £35.99, New Look
Blush pink, satin bodice and a pleated skirt? This bargain dress from New Look is a bridesmaid dress of dreams. The structured boning makes it look way more expensive than it actually is, plus the pleats are so flattering.
4. Bright Orange Satin Animal Jacquard Midi Slip Dress - £19.99, New Look
5. Satin Long Sleeve Wrap Dress - £29.99, New Look
6. Bridesmaid Bandeau Pleated Maxi Dress - £45, Boohoo
Not only is Boohoo’s brilliant bandeau maxi an absolute bargain at £45, Boohoo often runs whole-site discount codes and other promotions, meaning that if you’re vigilant you might be able to score it for even less. There are two pastel colours to choose between, this dusty blue and a soft nude.
7. Satin Cross Strap Midi Dress - £38, Nasty Gal
Satin is our favourite fabric of the season. This soft midi dress is just £38 but looks like it's just walked straight off a minimalist runway – the delicate straps also make a great frame for your bridesmaids to show off any particularly treasured jewellery.
8. Satin Camisole Dress - £29.99, Zara
We're not sure when Zara became the high street's official satin cami dress supplier, but we're definitely not mad about it – especially when it comes to the hunt for bridesmaids dresses on a budget. This red dress is simple in style while still making a big statement.
9. Babydoll Velvet Dress - £25, Monki
You don’t always have to go traditional with bridesmaids dresses – for something more contemporary, try Monki. This green velvet babydoll dress with its dropped waist and high collar feels very current, but has the right colour and fabric to still feel like a special occasion piece. Plus, more room for scoffing wedding cake.
10. Milla Asymmetric Mini Dress - £40.95, NA-KD
High Street Bridesmaid Dresses Under £80
You’ll find the bridesmaid dress range of most shops in this price bracket, and some of the premium collections from the budget brands. ASOS is really fantastic for this price range, as are Mango and online store Little Mistress.
11. Bridesmaid Ruched Bodice Drape Maxi Dress - £75, ASOS
This mint dress from ASOS will give your group a gorgeous ethereal look, especially if you tie it in with nude accessories. The details, like the ruched bodice and buttons, make it look far more expensive than it is, and the cape sleeves and maxi length mean that everyone will feel comfortable in it too.
12. Maternity Bridesmaid Maxi Dress - £75, ASOS
If you're on the hunt for a stylish maternity bridesmaid dress then ASOS is the place to go. Not only do the offer petite, tall and curve options but they also have a whole host of matching maternity bridesmaid wear too, so no one has to be left out. Our favourite? This long sleeved blush number.
13. Petite Tulle Bow Maxi Dress - £65, ASOS
We told you ASOS was bridesmaid dress gold! This pink tulle bridesmaid dress looks like a designer double and your gang won't believe it's only £65. The oversized shoulder bows are such a sweet detail and will look gorgeous with a tousled updo hairstyle.
14. Embroidered Skirt Bardot Dress - £80, Lipsy
This Bardot dress from Lipsy at Next will tie in beautifully with your wedding dress thanks to its off-white top. You'll still be the star of the show, but it'll look fabulous in your wedding photographs if the whole gang matches!
15. Satin Bridesmaid Midi Dress - £68, Chi Chi London
A slinky satin dress with button details for under £80? We’re head-over-heels for Chi Chi London's sky blue number. Set off the colour with subtle jewellery (try our favourite bridesmaid jewellery sets for affordable inspiration) and coordinating metallic shoes.
16. Fishnet Bodycon Dress - £55, River Island
Bridesmaid dresses don't have to mean ruffles, lace and pastel shades - this chic rust bodycon dress from River Island is just the ticket for a glamorous, contemporary wedding day. The one shoulder fabric overlay gives it a modern edge that would work wonderfully for city bridesmaids.
17. Dola Drape Lace Trim Slip Dress - £80, French Connection
A simple slip silhouette is a beautiful option for your bridesmaid dresses and we love this palm green lace trim dress from French Connection. It'll look effortlessly cool paired with gold accessories and strappy heels.
18. Pleated Long Dress - £59.99, Mango
It's easy to forget about stores like Mango on your hunt for bridesmaid dresses, but do a little digging and you'll find way more on the rails than everyday staples. This mellow yellow dress has well and truly won us over – we can see it taking pride of place in a cool city wedding with plenty of gold jewellery to jazz it up.
19. Bridesmaid Short Sleeve Ruched Maxi Dress – £75, ASOS Design
Heather purple makes a sophisticated alternative to the wash of pinks you’ll find elsewhere on the rails, and the shoulders and bodice give off serious Grecian goddess vibes.
20. Bridesmaid Ruched Bodice Maxi Dress with Cap Sleeve Detail – £75, ASOS Design
It might look like it's just emerged from a pricey bridal boutique, but this gorgeous ASOS dress really does come in at just £75. It ticks all the boxes and will go with basically anything – hair up or down, posy or oversized bouquet, heels or flats. This is the type of bridesmaid dress you'll never regret snapping up.
21. Bridesmaid Karter Emerald One-Shoulder Maxi Dress - £70, Little Mistress
The showstopping feature on this emerald green dress is the draping shoulder detail. If your bridesmaids are walking down the aisle it'll look gorgeous trailing behind them. You can even tie the fabric into an oversized bow for the evening reception.
22. Bridesmaid Nela Blush Pearl Maxi Dress - £75, Little Mistress
Incorporate a touch of embellishment into your bridesmaid dresses with this blush pink maxi with a pearl mesh overlay. It creates a beautiful whimsical look and you won't have to spend extra pennies on jewellery - just let the pearls do the work!
High Street Bridesmaid Dresses Under £100
That little extra push in your budget to £100 opens up lots of high street bridesmaid dress potential. Monsoon and Coast are excellent places to start your search.
23. Scarf Tie Flowy Midi Dress - £95, & Other Stories
A sleek and chic style comes in the form of this & Other Stories dress in a powdery-soft shade of beige. These kinds of complementary white and ivory bridesmaids dresses are becoming increasingly popular choices, but if you definitely want a contrasting colour, check it out in turquoise instead.
24. Shoulder Ruffle Pleated Midi Dress - £89, Coast
Coast is another brilliant mid-price destination for bridesmaid dresses this year, with dozens of to-die-for gowns under £100 in the same shades of blush pink, navy, lilac, sage and silver, meaning they’re a dream if you’re planning to mix and match. Available in curve as well, our advice is to let your gang pick their own style, safe in the knowledge that they’ll all go together. Although we know you shouldn’t have favourites, this ruffled beauty is ours.
25. Julianna Dress – £80, Chi Chi London
You can’t go wrong with a satin slip – especially in Chi Chi’s standout grey-green. A simple white posy and pared-back hair and makeup are all your bridesmaids will need to see out the day in style. When a dress is this opulent, it can stand on its own two feet.
26. Kaylie Dress – £80, Chi Chi London
The Kaylie dress, also from Chi Chi London, may have full sleeves and plenty of coverage, but that doesn't mean it can't be a little bit sexy too. The open back shows just the right amount of skin – glam it up with on-trend pearl jewellery and you'll be on to a winner.
27. Ruffle Hem Midi Dress – £85, & Other Stories
Throwing a ceremony with vintage inspiration in mind? Your bridesmaids will look beautiful in this frilled dress from & Other Stories. Add a bold lip and sleek low bun for ultimate old Hollywood glamour.
28. Jessica Slinky Jersey Maxi Dress – £99, Monsoon
Monsoon's classic navy Jessica dress would look just as great with a muted autumn palette as it would with bright splashes of colour for spring and summer. The v-neckline, batwing sleeves and draped overlay will look beautiful on all shapes and sizes, which is excellent news because it runs from a 6 to a 22.
High Street Bridesmaid Dresses Under £150
Similar brands can be found in this price bracket, but if you want lots of options in one place, consider going to a personal shopper service at a department store like John Lewis, where concession stands for Phase Eight and more can often be found.
29. Iriana Pink Off The Shoulder Maxi Dress - £125, Sistaglam
Your bridesmaids won't believe this dress can be nabbed for under £150! With a seriously flattering embroidered Bardot shoulder and stunning pleated floor length skirt it'll be a crowd pleaser for everyone. Pair with nude heels and silver jewellery to really top the look off.
30. Daphnee Embroidered Maxi Dress - £150, Monsoon
Monsoon is the brand to go to if you're after embroidered bridesmaid dresses. The Daphnee dress is an angelic choice, crafted from sustainably sourced floaty chiffon with an embroidered lace bodice and scalloped flutter sleeves.
31. Multiway Jersey Maxi Dress - £129, Coast
Multiway strap dresses are heaven when it comes to making bridesmaid dress shopping a little easier and we love this pistachio option. Designed to be worn in countless ways, your bridesmaids can choose to wear it however they feel comfortable. We're talking asymmetrical, backless, bandeau, caped, draped... the list goes on!
32. Bridesmaid Leonora Plum Ruffle Maxi Dress - £110, Little Mistress
We adore the deep colour of this ruffled, plum bridesmaid dress from Little Mistress. Coming in at just over £100, it'll look stunning at a winter wedding contrasted against white florals and snowy details. It's also available in nude if you're after a lighter look.
33. Pleated Halterneck Maxi Dress – £120, & Other Stories
From the narrow pleats to the delicate printed fabric, this high street bridesmaid dress from & Other Stories is perfect for a spring fling. Team it with barely there heeled sandals to maintain the light and airy theme throughout.
34. Phillippa Frill Maxi Dress – £130, Phase Eight
As you might have gathered from the rest of this roundup, satin is big news for both wedding guests and bridesmaids in 2021. Phase Eight's Phillippa maxi positively oozes glamour, and the peacock green colour is totally eye-catching and unique.
35. Gabby Maxi Bridesmaid Dress with Fishtail – £119, SilkFred
Can you imagine anything more Marilyn than this curve-skimming scarlet gown from SilkFred brand Honor Gold? It’s one of their bestsellers, and for good reason. The weighty fabric and tailored shape are of the highest quality, meaning your bridesmaids will look truly sensational as they make their entrance.
36. All Over Sequin Cross Over Back Maxi Dress – £149, Coast
A word of warning: only pick this Coast bridesmaid dress if you don’t mind sharing the spotlight with your nearest and dearest, because all eyes will definitely be on them! From the spaghetti straps down, it’s positively dripping in beads and sequins. Silver doesn’t work with your scheme? There’s also black, blush and sage green colourways up for grabs.
37. Daevy Duck Egg Dipped Hem Embellished Midi Dress – £135, Frock & Frill
This glitzy midaxi is a vintage-inspired jewel of a dress; in person, the duck-egg blue is amazingly dainty and delightful. The Daevy is definitely the one for you and your bridesmaids if you’re going a little Gatsby with your decorations at the reception – 2021 could be the new roaring ’20s after all.
38. Dua Drape Keyhole Maxi Dress - £150, French Connection
Coming in at £150, this halter neck dress from French Connection is on the pricier side but it's well worth it. The animal print fabric has a subtle glimmer so your bridesmaids will look glorious under twinkling lights. Plus, it has an elegant low back that will look really elegant.
Looking for plus-size bridesmaid dresses? Don’t miss our round-up of the best bridesmaid dresses for curves.