"You would be extremely wise to book him!"
We were really keen to find a photographer who could capture both our intimate wedding day, and our vintage 1940’s reception, held on different days. We met with Jon who came all the way out to us at home to discuss our needs. We instantly found his gentle, detailed but assertive approach reassuring. We were very reassured by his approach and confident that he would achieve his outcome without upsetting everyone. In fact, he managed to get the guests to want to do everything he asked of them!
There were many things we loved about Jon, to name just a few:
- He knew exactly how to ask us to pose that looked natural and at our best, despite our awkwardness.
- He was able to manage the compulsory posed shots and the natural ones smoothly, organising the crowd of 200 into the right position very quickly without inconveniencing anyone... we’ve been to one too many weddings where the photograph session has been the most boring interlude, typically characterised by lengthy awkward mingling while feeling very cold and gradually tent-pegging the grass in one’s heels from the extensive standing... we had none of that which was really important to us!
- He was present and personable when he needed to be but invisible and unobtrusive at all the other times allowing the wedding to continue as if he wasn’t there. This meant the pictures didn’t feel artificial or stilted.
- He managed the classical wedding shots and the 1940’s vintage shots perfectly.
- He did exactly what he told us he was going to do.
- We got the photos very quickly.
We have concluded that Jon is the Mary Poppins of photographers and you would be extremely wise to book him if he is available.
Thank you Jon.