If you’re dreaming of a beautiful designer wedding dress, but it’s looking like there just won’t be room in your wedding budget, a wedding dress sample sale could be the answer to your prayers.
What is a Bridal Sample Sale?
A sample sale is when a bridal boutique or designer sells their gowns at hugely discounted prices.
The dresses might be past season gowns, overstocked or returned items or dresses which have simply been sat on the rails for a while and not sold. There might occasionally be a small mark on the dresses, but on the whole, they’ll be in perfect condition. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
READ MORE: How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Dress
Before we round-up our pick of the best upcoming sample sales in the UK, here are some top tips for winning at sample sale shopping…
Top Tips for Shopping at Sample Sales
- Follow your favourite designers on social media. Most will announce their upcoming sample sale dates via their social channels so it’s the best way to keep up to date with what’s going on.
- Research what you want before you go. Sample sales can be a bit hectic and often work best if you know what dress you’re interested in. They’re not usually the best place to try on gowns for the first time.
- Go to the sale when you’re prepared to buy. Sample sales are places for quick decisions – and you don’t want your dream dress to get snapped up by another bride while you’re pondering!
- When a sale is announced, get in there quickly if the designer is operating on an appointment-only basis. It’s often worth an early start or a day off work to get a good slot.
- Know what the deal is by way of payment and alterations before you go. Do you have to pay in full straight away? Will the boutique arrange for your alterations? Do you have to take the dress away with you on the day? Check everything out before you head to the sale.
- Be aware of what can and can’t be dry cleaned out of certain fabrics (for example – feathers can’t be dry cleaned), and whether any marks on the dress make it worth the discount. Small marks might be easy to remove, but a fake tan or foundation stain from a previous bride trying the dress on probably won’t be.
Now you’re all clued up, it’s time to take a look at our round-up of the best sample sales of 2019.
Pop the dates in your diary, head along and thank us when you find your dream dress for a purse-pleasing price.
READ MORE: The Best Wedding Dresses on a Budget
All dates and information valid on the date of publication – 14/05/2019
The Couture Gallery Wedding Dress Sample Sale
The Couture Gallery is located in quiet side street in Kensington. It is the boutique and atelier of Danish designer Britta Kjerkegaard, famed for her show-stopping one-of-a-kind couture wedding dresses and bridal gowns.
This June, find your dream wedding dress at The Couture Gallery sample sale. You’ll be able to bag 50 – 70% off all prices, as well as being able to choose from the boutique’s collection of floor sweeping couture gowns, romantic lace dresses and figure enhancing silk pieces. Further deals can be had on veils, accessories and jewellery to complement your dress.
1st June – 7th July 2019, 10am – 8pm.
The Couture Gallery, 6 Campden Street, Kensington, London W8 7EP
Appointments are necessary. Appointments are limited and very popular, so book your place now to avoid disappointment.
The Mews Bridal Sample Sale
One of our favourite wedding dress shops in London, The Mews Bridal, will be hosting a sample sale in June. You’ll be able to buy amazing dresses by the likes of Rime Arodaky, Laure de Sagazan, Margaux Tardits, Donatelle Godart and more – all with a 50% discount!
During your 30 minute appointment, you’ll have the opportunity to try on around four wedding dresses. Dresses start from £200, and the money raised from ticket sales will go to the amazing charity Girls Not Brides. What’s not to love?
Sunday 16th June 2019, 10am – 5pm.
The Mews Bridal, Notting Hill, 202 Kensington Park Road, W11, London.
You don’t need to book for this event in advance. Instead, it works on a first come first served basis. Doors will open at 10am, at which time you will be given a ticket with your allocated time slot. All appointments last for 30 minutes. If you want to find out more, please click here.
Love Me Do Brides Clearance Sale
Love Me Do Brides are a bridal boutique situated in London, just south of Richmond Park. They’re set to host a sample sale where you’ll be able to shop bridal gowns, accessories and footwear at reduced prices. And the best part? It isn’t until October, so you have plenty of time to prep!
There will be over 1000 gowns on sale, from designers including Mori Lee, Paloma Blanca, Charlotte Balbier, Eddy K and more.
Wedding dresses will be priced between £99 and £599, bridesmaids dresses will be available from £20 and accessories and footwear can be snapped up for as little as £10!
Sunday 6th October 2019, 10am – 4pm.
Love Me Do Brides, 15 Park Road, London, KT2 6BX.
Booking is required so click here to avoid disappointment!
READ MORE: The Best Statement Wedding Dresses for Alternative Brides
Haven’t found any sample sales that are suitable? Fear not! This page gets updated regularly, so pop it in your bookmarks and stay updated.
In the meantime, why not check out our round-up of the best high street wedding dresses? You’d be surprised what you can get for such a good price.