Knowing how to clean your engagement ring is really important, especially just before the big day arrives.
You’ll be wearing a gorgeous new wedding dress so you want to make sure your ring is just as super sparkly, shiny and ready for all of those wedding photos.
In fact one of our favourite shots for your wedding photographer to capture is a close-up of your engagement ring, so you need to make sure it’s looking its best!
Don’t be fooled into thinking that you need to invest in any special products or solutions to clean your engagement ring either, it’s actually surprisingly simple and cheap to clean you engagement ring at home using nothing but some toothpaste and a toothbrush – yes, really! Although perhaps not the toothbrush you’re currently using…
It’s also incredibly easy and quick, so you can always try these engagement ring cleaning tips if you need some extra sparkle in a hurry.
We asked an expert who specialises in unique and customisable luxury engagement and wedding rings to share some top tips on how to clean your engagement ring at home, so that you can keep it as sparkly as the day you got engaged.
- Add a pea-sized amount of toothpaste to a new toothbrush
- If you’re cleaning your engagement ring over the sink, be sure to put the plug in so your ring can’t fall down!
- Using a circular motion, gently rub this all over, paying close attention to under the stone and any gaps in the ring
- Turn the ring upside down and brush from underneath – don’t be afraid to use pressure.
- After scrubbing for around one to two minutes, rinse with warm water, making sure all the toothpaste is gone
- Dry with kitchen towel
It’s really as simple as that to get your engagement ring clean and back to its best! Why not try it tonight to see how easy it is?