Sending your loved ones a wedding card is a lovely gesture that they will really appreciate. It will give you a chance to congratulate them once again and thank them for inviting you to their special day.
If you are on the hunt for the perfect card, it is important to find one that really reflects them as a couple and while there are lots of wedding card options around, not all of them represent LGBTQ+ couples. Here's where our edit of LGBTQ+ wedding cards comes in!
We've rounded up the best same sex wedding cards that LGBTQ+ newlyweds will love. From rainbow washed designs and luxury foil options to playful puns and personalised paper, you'll be spoilt for choice. Unsure what to write in an inclusive wedding card? We've covered that too!
Gay Wedding Cards
1. Mr & Mr Wedding Card - £3.25, Elite Cottage Paperie at Etsy
Was their wedding a formal affair? This stunning wedding card can be personalised with the couple's name and wedding date. It comes blank for your own special message.
2. Funny Gay Wedding Card - from £3.20, The Card Compony at Etsy
If your loved ones are always up for a dance, they'll adore this funny same sex wedding card. Choose from a white, gold, silver, red or pink envelope.
3. Mr & Mr Wedding Card - £4, The Playful Indian at Etsy
4. Mr & Mr With Love Wedding Card - £3.50, Paperchase
Keep your gay wedding card design simple with this chic option from Paperchase. The gold foiling gives it a really luxurious feel!
5. Mr & Mr Wedding Card - £3.95, Sprinkle Club at Not On The High Street
How adorable is this pink heart Mr and Mr wedding card? It's a gorgeous modern design and it even comes with a matching lilac envelope.
READ MORE: What to Write in a Wedding Card
6. Mr & Mr Foil Fold Out Wedding Card - £6, Coulson Macleod at Not On The High Street
For an unusual design, look to this rose gold foil fold out Mr and Mr wedding card. It will look amazing on a windowsill or mantlepiece and provides plenty of space for lots of lovely words.
7. Mr & Mr Fabulous Wedding Card - £3.50, Cat & Bean at Not On The High Street
Perfect for the fabulous gay couple in your life, this playful card by Cat & Bean is fun and vibrant. Every card is hand printed to order at their family-run studio and has naked packaging so there is no waste.
8. Dachshund Wedding Card - £2.95, Sweet William Designs at Not On The High Street
A wedding card featuring two dachshunds wearing top hats? Sign us up! You can buy one card for less than £3 or a pack of six if you have lots of weddings in the diary.
Lesbian Wedding Cards
9. Mrs & Mrs Wedding Card - £3.25, Forever Begins at Etsy
10. Mrs & Mrs Wedding Card - £2, Lucky in Love Cards at Etsy
Lucky in Love create wedding cards that champion underrepresented communities, family dynamics and occasions - this colourful, bright and vibrant lesbian wedding card is the epitome of happiness.
READ MORE: The 22 Wedding Gifts Guests Love to Give
11. Bride & Bride Wedding Card - £3, Paperchase
Complete with a sophisticated font in luxe gold foiling, this lesbian wedding card from Paperchase looks way more expensive than just £3!
12. Mrs & Mrs Wedding Card - £2.70, Lady Kerry Design at Etsy
Are the happy couple cat-crazy? We guarantee a giggle when they open this 'holy catrimony' wedding card. The veiled cat illustration is adorable!
13. Mrs & Mrs Arrow Hearts Wedding Card - £2, Little Mushroom Cards at Etsy
This Mrs and Mrs wedding card by Little Mushroom Cards is a minimalistic design but is still seriously stunning. The heart arrows give it an old school feel which we adore.
14. Mrs & Mrs Wedding Card - £3, Jade Fisher at Not On The High Street
15. Same Sex Wedding Card - £4, Pink and Turquoise at Not On The High Street
This card does what it says on the tin! If you're over the moon that your favourite couple got hitched, show them how much you care with this playful design.
READ MORE: 37 Unique Wedding Gift Ideas
LGBTQ+ Wedding Cards
16. Rainbow Wedding Card - from £3.85, The Little Card Room at Etsy
This quirky wedding card is a wonderful way to highlight the date the newlyweds tied the knot with a colourful rainbow heart. It will make a lovely keepsake, especially if you gift them a frame too!
17. Personalised Wedding Card - from £3.90, KC Designs Emporium at Etsy
Personalise this LGBTQ+ wedding card with the couple's names, as well as choosing cute cartoon characters that look like them. The green garland design is a really popular choice.
18. Rainbow Wedding Card - from £5.10, Fox Card Co at Etsy
Bright, bold and beautiful are three words that come to mind when we look at this card. The colours are absolutely gorgeous, as is the heartfelt message.
What to Write in a Gay Wedding Card
The best wedding cards are those that contain thoughtful words that are personalise to the couple and your relationship to them - when writing in a gay wedding card remember to tailor your language to represent how the couple identify.
The general format is your congratulations or best wishes, your hopes for their future together and a thank you for allowing you to share in their big day, however you may wish to write a sentence or two expressing pride such as, 'standing proud with the two of you in celebration of your marriage', or 'your love is inspiring.'
For even more inspiration on wording, take a look at our article on what to write in a wedding card.