An enchanting country estate and family residence, Davenport House is exclusively yours on your special day. Set amidst the picturesque Shropshire countryside at the end of a sweeping driveway, this idyllic Georgian house has been hosting beautiful weddings for 25 years.
2017 saw an extensive refurbishment, restoring the original features while introducing exceptional interior design. Now you can step inside this magical venue and make yourself at home, inviting your friends and family to celebrate your wedding day surrounded by its history, warmth and elegance.
Both indoor and outdoor ceremony options are available, with you able to make the final decision on your wedding morning depending on the UK weather.
Throughout the day, as the rooms connect with one another, there is a natural flow between ceremony, reception, wedding breakfast and evening celebration. As day turns to evening, The Great Hall takes centre stage as your dance floor, while guests might also choose to relax in The Saloon or The Drawing Room.
Accommodating up to 40 people overnight, you and your closest friends and family can enjoy the beautiful surroundings for the entirety of your day. Nine luxurious bedrooms, including a honeymoon suite and impressive breakfast area are located in the main house, while five cottages in the grounds offer self-catering accommodation, each with a private garden.
A further cottage, The Stable, is offered as your bridal preparation area. Light and airy with dressing tables and an array of mirrors, just a few steps across the gravel driveway lead you to the main house and your ceremony. From intimate to lavish, and from contemporary style to the more traditional, Davenport House is your country estate to use exactly as you wish.
- A Grade I listed Georgian residence, completely restored in 2017 and exclusively yours on your wedding day.
- Magical spaces for ceremonies, dining and celebrations, from the impressive Great Hall to the serene Drawing Room, all with original features.
- Beautiful lawns with far reaching views over the Shropshire countryside boasting wonderful photo opportunities, from the pretty lily pond to the secluded secret garden.
- Accommodation for up to 40 guests in Eight luxurious bedrooms in the main house and five self-catering cottages in the grounds.
- The Stable, a cottage designed specifically for bridal preparation, just a few steps from the main house.
- On-site catering and event management from the talented team and expert chefs, offering outstanding service and exceptional dining opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
12 reviewsWrite a Review
7 User photos
Worfield WV15 5LE Bridgenorth (Shropshire)