Walcot Hall is a real hidden gem located in the heart of the Shropshire Hills. The estate has a rich history dating back to the 1700s and in recent years has been brought back to its former glory (and more!) by the current owners.
Couples are encouraged to hire the wedding venue site exclusively for a full 48 hours over a weekend or during the week. We find this is such an important aspect for many couples looking to make the most of their time with their family and friends celebrating such a special occasion. Couples have the option to welcome their guests on site with some informal drinks or a BBQ the night before the wedding, and then spend the next morning reminiscing about the day before during a leisurely breakfast.
Couples can hold their wedding breakfast in the large turquoise Ballroom which can seat up to 120 guests and an evening reception for up to 200. It really is an incredible room with full height windows, plaster ceiling and stunning chandeliers. It looks amazing in the day with the light pouring in but when the sun goes down, we close the shutters, dim the lights and it makes a great party room!
The Main Hall in the house is licensed for indoor wedding ceremonies but there is also a beautiful summer house licensed in the gardens so couples can have a outdoor wedding ceremony in the warmer months. The gardens are vast so couples can utilise the space with a drinks reception, games and endless photo opportunities.
Walcot Hall has a variety of accommodations on site although all self-catering. These range from traditional cottages in the old stable yard to our Victorian Tin Chapel in the woods, a converted timber framed ‘Wheelwright’s Shop’ and the newest addition being a reclaimed Village Hall from a nearby village called Norbury! We also have a wide range of glamping options for the more adventurous including yurts, traditional travellers’ caravans and even a fire truck! The variety of accommodation really is one of Walcot’s biggest selling points as we can accommodate up to 110 guests on site during the warmer months, so technically a whole wedding party can all decamp here for the length of a wedding weekend and turn it into a wedding village!
We don’t have caterers onsite so couples are able to choose a caterer to suit the occasion and we are flexible with our approach with other wedding suppliers too. We want couples to have the day that they have dreamed of without strict guidelines or traditional wedding restraints therefore we will endeavour to turn your beautiful wedding ideas (and Pinterest boards) into reality!
We have been told many a time that, ‘there is magic afoot at Walcot’ because it’s just such a unique place. We know we’re not a 5* hotel, which is why we don’t try to be! But we can promise a stay full of fun, character, surprise and intrigue for you and all of your guests.
Book in your virtual tour via zoom today by emailing email@example.com.
- Exclusive use private home hosting usually no more than 40 weddings a year. We promise attention to detail and special day you will remember forever.
- The stunning Ballroom located in the gardens of Walcot Hall is available to hire for 48 hours.
- Room for up to 110 guests on site in our quirky self-catering cottages, cabins and glamping accommodation.
- A wealth of photographic opportunities from panoramic vistas, intimate garden scenes and historic architecture. You will have stunning photos whatever the weather.
- Have the freedom to choose your own suppliers as well as supply your own drinks packages through Walcot Bar.
- Our incredible team pride themselves on helping your dream day come true. A ‘Walcot Wedding’ is full of character, friendliness and most importantly, fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
16 reviewsWrite a Review
Lydbury North SY7 8AZ Church Stretton (Shropshire)