Welcome your guests to an exclusive and stunning city centre location, in the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town. Located on historic Queen Street, the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh’s Georgian and Victorian rooms create stunning backdrops to suit stylish weddings, prestigious dinners and glittering receptions, and we deliver an event to remember every time.
The tradition and atmosphere of the New Library, with its book-lined walls and overlooking balconies, make it the obvious choice for your ceremony. For larger ceremonies, the grandeur of the Great Hall is perfect. The Cullen Suite, offering spectacular views of Queen Street Gardens and across the First of Forth, is ideal for intimate celebrations. All three hisoric rooms are included exclusively for your wedding. If you are planning a smaller wedding, a choice of one or two of the rooms for a discounted rate is optional.
If you plan to get married elsewhere in the city, our central location makes us ideally placed for your reception and banquet. All historic rooms at the College are fully licensed to hold civil ceremonies and religious services.
- Wedding ceremonies for up to 150 and receptions for up to 150 can also be accommodated.
- Avaliable for elopements, small ceremonies and larger weddings.
- The New Library, Great Hall and Cullen Suite are licensed for weddings and civil partnerships.
- The historic rooms are ideal for wedding photography.
- We offer exclusive access to the Queen Street Gardens.
- Meals are provided by one of our specially approved caterers of your choice.
- We have specially negotiated rates at nearby hotels.
- Located in Edinburgh City centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
6 reviewsWrite a Review
Once in a lifetime Boutique Package is now avaliable until March 2022.
(minimum 20 guests)*
The package includes:
- Exclusive use of all three historic rooms; The Great Hall, New Library and Cullen Suite.
- Catering from Pinkerton's which includes: 3 x canapés per person, 3 x glasses of Prosecco per person, 3-course wedding breakfast, half bottle wine per person and tea and coffee.
Founded in 1983, Pinkertons Cooks and Caterers is a local, independent company catering both in, and around, Edinburgh. Their professional, friendly staff and attention to detail ensures everything runs seamlessly.
For further information, reach our events team at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Valid until March 2022. Additional guests are
charged at £77+VAT p/p. For Saturday Weddings,
an additional charge of £500 is applicable.
11 Queen Street EH2 1JQ Edinburgh (Lothian & Borders)