Amazon Prime Day is here! This massive two-day sale is your chance to score huge discounts on thousands of products from beauty and fashion to fitness and tech.
Whether you need to buy jewellery for your bridesmaids, new hair straighteners for your honeymoon, a surprise gift for your partner, or lots of other goodies for your home like laptops and home appliances, they’re all on offer.
If you’ve spotted something big you’d love like a new TV or some furniture, why not ask close friends and family to buy it for you instead of buying something from your gift list? They’ll bag a bargain and get you something useful!
For the first time, Amazon Prime Day will run for 48 hours, so get your credit card ready to bag yourself some amazing wedding deals. Here’s everything you need to know and the best Amazon Prime Day deals.
NB: This page will be updated with all the best Amazon Prime offers as they arrive. Bookmark this page now.
READ MORE: How to Plan an Amazing Wedding for £3,000
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day started in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary. The annual sale, alongside Black Friday, is the biggest shopping day of the year on the e-tailer. It offers huge discounts on products across the site.
There are two types of deal:
- Deals of the Day – discounts on specific products available for the length of Amazon Prime Day
- Lightning Deals – offers which run for a fixed period of time with limited availability. Check back regularly on these.
This year there’s loads of exciting extras, including a Prime Day Concert on 11th July with Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and more exclusively available for Prime members to stream.
What Date is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
This year, Amazon Prime Day starts at 00:01am on Monday 15th July and ends at 11:59pm on Tuesday 16th July.
It originally only lasted 24 hours but has been extended to a whole 48 hours so there’s lots of opportunity to grab yourself a bargain.
Is Amazon Prime Day Only For Prime Members?
It’s designed as a ‘thank you’ to Prime members, so the deals are only open to customers who’ve subscribed to Amazon Prime.
However, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial ahead of Prime Day and still take advantage of the deals. You can either cancel your Prime subscription before the 30 days is up or you’ll be charged £79 to enjoy a year of Amazon Prime.
The advantages of Amazon Prime include unlimited next day delivery, access to Prime Video, a huge Kindle lending library, Prime Music and Prime Wardrobe (which lets you try before you buy).
Did you know you can share your Prime benefits with one other adults in your household by creating an Amazon Household? So if one of your family has an account, you can get access too at no extra cost!
READ MORE: Hidden Wedding Costs You Need to Know
How Can I Shop Amazon Prime Day Deals?
You can access deals on Prime Day on Amazon.co.uk, through the Amazon app, or through Alexa. If you have something you want in mind, search it and you’ll see a Prime Day badge if it’s on offer. Otherwise all the deals will be on the Amazon Prime Day homepage.
Over the 48 hours you’ll get a preview of lots of deals before they start. Click “Watch this deal” to get an alert the moment they go on sale.
The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals
Amazon has Prime Day deals, Lightening Deals, and Prime Day Launches – new products available just for Prime members. Separately, you can also find their daily deals here.
Remember, the best deals are usually on Amazon’s own products, like Alexa-enabled devices, Kindles, Fire sticks, and own-brand fashion.
Beauty and Fitness Deals
Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device for Body, Face & Precision Areas
Was £550; now £299
This hair-removal device uses IPL technology to give you up to 6 months of hair-free smooth skin. Perfect if you don’t look forward to waxing before your honeymoon. There’s even a 100 day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
Up to 70% off Fragrances
Grab yourself a new wedding day fragrance with the amazing perfume and cologne deals. Our favourites include Calvin Klein Eternity Eau de Parfum, down from £68 to £32 – and Eternity For Men, too. Vera Wang’s Signature Eau de Parfum is £20.50, down from £79.99 (you save £58.50!). Jimmy Choo’s Fever is £36, saving you £21 from the £57 RRP. For men, we adore Joop! Jump, which is just £15.06. There’s more from David Beckham, Ghost, Lacoste and lots of celeb perfumes.
Clarisonic Mia Smart Uplift Kit
Was £225; now £135
Clarisonic’s patented technology deep cleans the face gently and effectively. If you want to improve your skin texture, radiance and pore size, this Mia machine is essential and an absolute bargain.
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner
Was £16; now £10.15
If you need a wedding day eyeliner that’ll go the distance or just a day-to-day one you can wear on your honeymoon and not worry about it smudging, the Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner is perfect.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream SPF30
Was £85; now £59.50
Switch to this Elemis moisturiser now and you will see the difference in 14 days. It’s amazing for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – add it into your pre-wedding beauty routine now!
ghd Ultimate Styling Gift Set
Was £249.99; now £179.99
This Amazon exclusive set has everything you need to prep, dry and style your hair – for £75 off! The ghd straighteners and hairdryer are professional standard and perfect as a gift before a hen party or just to yourself for all the hard work you’ve done wedding planning.
35% Off Make-Up Bestsellers
There’s too many to pick from! Stock up now for the honeymoon on the beloved L’Oreal Pro Infallible Longwear Foundation; Real Techniques Make-Up Sponges; Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Polish for the nails of dreams; Maybelline Mascara; and Eylure false lashes! Click here for all the make-up deals.
Braun 9-in-1 Trimmer
Was £62.99; now £32.99
If the groom needs a little grooming, this trimmer is ideal. It works from beards to ears and nose and also body trimming. This is an amazing deal for a product that’ll become a bathroom favourite.
Brilliant Gift Deals
33% Off Laptops from HP, Lenovo, Asus and More
Don’t miss out on all the killer laptop deals on Amazon. We’re particularly looking at the Microsoft Surface tablet, down from £1,029 to £749.99, saving you just under £300. It’s amazing as a special gift to your partner or to treat yourself. Lots of gaming laptops are on offer too if you or your partner love gaming.
PlayStation4 and FIFA19 Bundle
Was £249.99; now £219.99
If you or your partner love video games or football, bag yourself a great deal on a new-gen PS4 with a lighter, slimmer console, and FIFA19 thrown in.
Sterling Silver Stud Earrings with Swarovksi Crystals
Was £72; now £9.77
Yes, you read that price right! This is a lightening deal so get in there quick. These earrings would make perfect gifts for your bridesmaids to wear on the day or even for your bridal jewellery.
Other Wedding Deals
Up to 40% Off Alcohol
Now is your chance to stock up if you’re providing your own alcohol for your engagement party or wedding day. Enjoy 40% off whiskey, including this bottle of Laphroaig for £24.90 that would make an amazing thank you gift for your dad or best man. Gins have up to 35% off and we’ve got our eye on this Gin Mare for £30.25 or Tanqueray No.10 for just £20.
What Department Have Deals?
- Amazon Fashion: up to 40% off fashion brands from Amazon and 30% off swimwear. Stock up for your honeymoon.
- Amazon Brands: 20% off top rated products, from electronics and homeware to fitness equipment, luggage and furniture.
- Amazon Handmade: up to 30% off handcrafted finds, from jewellery to home decor to personalised gifts and party suppliers – think cake toppers, guest books, and bridesmaid gifts.
- Amazon Pantry: up to 30% off cupboard staples and household essentials. There’s deals on wine and soft drinks if you’re serving your own wedding refreshments or just fill your cupboards.
- Entertainment: exclusive content and deals across Amazon Music, Prime Video and Twitch Prime. Up to 50% off movies and TV. 4 months of Amazon Music for £0.99 and 50% off selected channels like Starz and Discovery.
- Amazon Baby Wishlist: up to 30% off products added to your Amazon Baby Wishlist.
- Everyday Essentials: 30% off essentials by Amazon Brands, from Nespresso compatible capsules to lip kits and multivitamins.
- Echo Plus 1st Generation + Philips Hue Screw Bulb – Was £109.99, now £69.99. This is already live so go, go, go!
READ MORE: The Best Wedding Decor Items for £10 or Less
Prime Day Launches
Here are just a few of our favourite Prime Day Launches that you can order now.
- AmazonBasics Geometric Luggage 3 Piece Set – £179.99. This is the perfect chic luggage set for your honeymoon!
- Elli Women’s Silver Chain Bracelet – £22.90. Ideal as a bridesmaid gift. There’s a gold version available too.
- Jabra Elite 85h Over Ear Headphones with Alexa Built-In – £279.99. If your partner loves music, there’s nothing better as a wedding day gift than these.
- L’Oreal Revitalift Filler Hyaluronic Acid Re-Usable Sheet Mask – £19.99. Proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and plump the face, add this to your pre-wedding beauty regime now.
- Thomas Sabo Women’s Charm Pendant in Rose Gold – £69.00. This elegant charm is perfect to add to a bracelet or necklace for your wedding day jewellery or for bridesmaids.
- eufy Robot Vacuum Cleaner – £269.99. You won’t have to worry about arguing over the hoovering with this.
- Soundcore Flare Mini Bluetooth Speaker – £49.99. Wireless and waterproof, perfect for summer BBQs or your engagement party!
- Game of Thrones Season 1-3 DVD – £24.99. Relive off your addiction with this, a perfect pressie to yourselves.
What Were 2018’s Amazon Prime Day Bestsellers?
Amazon have handily listed all the big bestsellers from across the world from 2018 to inspire you. Here’s some of them:
- Worldwide bestseller: Fire Stick TV
- United States: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- United Kingdom: Bosch Cordless Drill
- Austalia: PS4 Pro Console
- Spain: Cecotec Conga Robot Vacuum
- Italy: Braun Grooming Kit
- China: Sonicare Toothbrush
- India: Redmi Smartphone
- Belgium: Sandisk 128GB Memory Card
- Singapore: Coca-Cola Zero!
Make sure you bookmark this page to find all the best deals as they drop! Otherwise check out our 37 budget-friendly wedding ideas.