The father daughter dance comes just after the couple’s first dance. It’s a touching moment between you and your Dad, remembering him as the first special man in your life as you start a new future with your partner. After all, there’s no relationship quite like the father-daughter one.
But it can be tricky to get the right father daughter dance song. You want something tender and showing how much you love each other, but nothing that gets a bit awkward halfway through when you realise it’s about an altogether different kind of love… The father daughter dance songs below are guaranteed to have everyone tearing up when you take to the floor with your Dad for the right reasons.
Unlike the first dance which is advisable to practise in advance with your partner, the father daughter dance can be a little less polished. Let your Dad lead and just have fun.
You don’t have to go for a slow song – some of the best father daughter dances we’ve seen have been choreographed ones that have come as a total surprise to everyone watching. But if you just want to do a simple slower dance, go for it. It’s all about treasuring that special moment with your Dad.
It’s becoming more common for husbands to ask their mum to dance during this second song too. If you’re both going to be dancing, make sure you both like the song you pick.
The 35 Best Father Daughter Dance Songs
If you’re looking for a way to thank your Dad and a cherished moment to remember forever, try one of these father daughter dance songs below.
- Daddy’s Girl – Katey Sagal
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- You’ll Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
- Changes – Ozzy Osborne & Kelly Osborne
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Forever Young – Bob Dylan
- My Girl – The Temptations
- I’ll Be There for You – The Rembrandts
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Randy Newman
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- There She Goes – Sixpence None the Richer
- You Are My Sunshine – Johnny Cash
- Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
- Father’s Eyes – Amy Grant
- When My Little Girl is Smiling – The Drifters
- The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
- My Little Girl – Kyle Johnson
- Thank You – Dido
- Gracie – Ben Folds
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – Marvin Gaye
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Always On My Mind – Willie Nelson
- Father Daughter Dance – Wayne Jacobs
- Hero – Mariah Carey
- Never Tear Us Apart – Inxs
- Song for Dancing (feat. Rylee Sage Walker) – Free Man
- Two Steps Behind – Def Leppard
- Here Comes the Bride (Wedding Version) – Dannie Marie
- Love of My Life – Queen
- You’re the Best Thing – The Style Council