Whether your registry office wedding is your main event or it’s an add-on to your destination wedding, you’ll want to look fabulous in a registry office wedding dress when you say your vows.
It can be pretty difficult to know what to wear to a registry office wedding, especially since there aren’t really any hard and fast rules.
In short, pretty much anything goes – brides who are just having a registry office wedding might want to wear a traditional wedding dress, while others might opt for a suit, jumpsuit, or something shorter. Alternatively, you could go totally off-piste and wear an entirely different style or colour. Who said you have to choose white?
We’ve scoured the web for the best registry office wedding dresses of the moment, but before you get shopping, take a look at our top tips for dressing for a registry office wedding. Follow them and there’s no way you won’t look fabulous.
READ MORE: Simple Wedding Dresses for Modern Brides
What to Wear to a Registry Office Wedding
- Think about whether your registry office wedding is the main event or whether it’s the pre-cursor to your wedding abroad. Of course, you’ll want to look your fabulous best for either, but if it’s the main event you might be more inclined to go for something a little dressier. If you’ve got a wedding celebration to follow, a shorter dress or jumpsuit might do the trick.
- Think about the location of the registry office. Are you dressing for a super-sleek city wedding? Or something Gretna Green-esque in the countryside? The location of your registry office is likely to influence the style of outfit you go for.
- Think about your personal style. Don’t go for something totally unique just because you feel you have to. You’re supposed to look like the best version of you on your wedding day… not someone else. Modern brides might like a jumpsuit or tailored suit, while traditional brides might like a short or long dress with ruffles aplenty.
- The most important rule? Wear something you really love. It goes without saying, really, but whether you fancy something bold, something subtle or even a power suit, remember that anything goes.
The Best Registry Office Wedding Dresses
1. Olivia Von Halle Bettina Cream Mid-Length Dress – £620
This dress by Olivia Von Halle is the perfect combination of understated elegance and standout drama, which is provided by the tie sleeves.
The cut is vintage-inspired, and the piece is made from matte cream silk covered with buttons right down the front.
2. H&M Jacket Dress – £59.99
A perfect option for anyone looking to go mini and stay on budget, this H&M number is chic, sexy and totally on style.
The double-breasted, fitted dress has a stunning deep-v and elegant lapels. For the evening, turn up the sleeves to drink and dance, and team with white ankle boots.
3. Reformation Sauvignon Dress – £565
An elegant yet fashion-forward design, Reformation’s dress is made from 100% silk for a touch of pure luxury.
It is ankle length, and features a straight neckline, open back, and adjustable straps, along with a centre back tie.
4. Olivia Von Halle Aureta Ivory Marocain Mid-Length Dress – £830
A dress that screams simple elegance, this Olivia Von Halle number is ideal for understated registry office nuptials, without being boring in any way.
It has mid-length, balloon sleeves, and an open back for a touch of added drama. Made from luxurious ivory marocain silk, the dress boasts a skimming silhouette which will flatter.
5. Self Portrait Grosgrain-Trimmed Guipure Lace Midi Dress – £380
The high neckline and scalloped edge give this chic Self Portrait dress a vintage feel.
The white guipure lace is partially lined to show off just a hint of skin at the waist, making it that perfect mix between modest and a little sexy. Ideal for a registry office wedding.
6. Rat & Boa Ruffled Metallic Fil Coupé Maxi Dress – £250
If you fancy something ruffled and romantic, this Rat & Boa dress will be your perfect ensemble.
Made from chiffon, the dress has a plunging neckline, along with elongated bodice panels that double as cap sleeves. It’s super feminine, and would look amazing with high block heels.
7. Galvan Malibu Godet-Insert Charmeuse Slip Dress – £695
For those who are looking for the perfect simple slip dress for their registry office nuptials, this one by Galvan could not be more stunning.
The minimalist design is made from charmeuse and is lined with a silk-blend satin. This will look beautiful paired with silver heels and statement drop earrings. Throw on some faux fur to make it work for winter too.
8. Christopher Kane Puffed Satin Maxi Skirt – £1,295
Dresses and suits aren’t the only options, and this Christopher Kane puffed satin maxi skirt offers the avenue to go down if you want something a little different.
Ideal for pairing with a silk camisole or even light knitwear, this versatile design is made from satin and even features pockets; a must-have for many modern brides.
9. Reiss Thora Pleated Chiffon White Dress – £225
A subtle dress with an air of opulence, this Reiss number can be worn for all sorts of occasions after your wedding day.
It’s crafted from chiffon, and features plenty of pleats and ruffles, while boasting a relaxed fit and concealed zip. Ideal for a relaxed registry office wedding that can be re-worn on your honeymoon for a lovely reminder of the day.
10. Whistles Scarlett Wedding Dress – £649
This intricately designed piece is nothing short of stunning, and would work brilliantly for a registry office do.
Showcasing a vintage style top and high neckline, the dress has lace-effect detail, a fitted waist, and a body-skimming skirt with a graduated train.
11. Phase Eight Elecia Fringe Wedding Dress – £250
This 1920s-inspired, tiered fringe dress is one of the coolest styles we’ve seen around. The fringe cascades down the column dress giving it some serious movement.
It’s made for design-loving brides who want to stand out with a fun yet graceful look.
12. Whistle Annie Blazers and Trousers – £299 each
If wearing a dress isn’t really your cup of tea, why not opt for a chic bridal suit like this one by Whistles?
Its casual nature would make it perfect for a registry office wedding while still looking super glam. What’s more, you could wear each piece over and over again, either together or separately.
The Annie blazer is cut in an easy, double-breasted shape and looks wonderful when paired with the coordinating trousers. Style with a statement lip for a bridal get-up any modern bride would be in awe of.
13. Grace Loves Lace Nia 2.0 – £870
This Australian brand are the queens of gorgeous lace dresses with a boho twist. The Nia 2.0 dress is made for the effortless, undone bride.
It features stretch French lace that moulds to your body and luxurious velvet straps that cross across the back. It’s simple but high impact and perfect for a relaxed but stylish wedding.
14. Reformation Windsor Dress – £265
Reformation’s Windsor dress is a whimsical, playful smock-front dress with a fun thigh-high split. It’s made for the boho-chic bride.
This dress is uber comfortable but still shapes the body, with a lovely fitted waist and bodice.
15. Halston Ruched Stretch Jersey Gown – £435
This matte stretch jersey dress hugs in all the right places, with flattering ruching at the front and back and a low v-neck.
It’s crying out for a glitzy clutch and statement heels.
16. Chi Chi Bridal Meghan Dress – £75
An open back maxi with a gorgeous satin bow waistband, this high street dress is sleek and simple.
It’s based on the design for Meghan Markle’s wedding dress so you know it’s fit for a princess – without the price tag.
17. Monsoon Dora Bridal Embellished Short Dress – £349
This midi dress features a removable beaded mesh cover-up that makes it perfect for a day into night look.
The sleeveless style is perfect for a summer wedding and beautifully hand-embellished with sequins and beads.
18. Reformation Rainey Dress – £265
With a nostalgic, vintage-inspired floral print, the Rainey dress is a modern classic – especially with that gorgeous asymmetric neckline.
Not mini, not maxi, it’s the perfect length to swish around in and is ideal for brides who’d like a splash of colour on their wedding day.
19. H&M Scallop-Edged Dress – £29.99
A cute-as-a-button little design, H&M’s dainty dress is simple and understated – ideal if you’re on a budget and want a pretty white dress for your wedding day.
The shape of the dress is flattering, with a softly flared skirt and sweet scallop shoulder detailing.
20. ASOS EDITION Ruched Halter-Neck Maxi Wedding Dress – £120
Everything in the ASOS EDITION line is designed with total attention to detail for the most memorable moments in your life. For that reason, one of their wedding dresses would be perfect for your registry office wedding.
We’re totally obsessed with this ruched halter neck maxi dress. It is crafted in a luxurious ivory fabric and features chic twist detailing to the front. It has a zip fastening down the back and a slim-fit skirt. The simplicity of this gown makes it perfect for registry office wear.
21. Whistles Clemetine Wedding Dress – £499
The Clementine dress is a beautiful update on the traditional wedding dress which would be perfect for your registry office wedding.
It features elegant off-the-shoulder straps, a knee-length pleated skirt and elliptical hem. It is light and feminine and would be especially pretty in the spring or summer.
READ MORE: 14 Beautiful Beach Wedding Dresses
22. Whistles Eve Silk Wedding Dress – £599
If you’ve got your heart set on a maxi dress, why not treat yourself to the Eve silk wedding dress by Whistles?
It is a beautiful choice for the modern bride. An intricate bodice with deep V-neckline and fitted waist cascades into a chic, full skirt. The back is equally as beautiful – it has frilled straps and a gathering with a bow trim at the centre of the lower back.
23. Chi Chi Flora Dress – £80
Next up we’ve got another dress by Chi Chi, this time in the form of their beautiful lace Flora dress.
This is perfect for a registry office, because not only is it intricate and bridal but the midi-length makes it that little bit more casual.
It is adorned with beautiful lace and features an illusion sweetheart neckline, scalloped hem and sheer arms. We’re certain you’re going to love it.
24. Ted Baker Lornia Dress – £169
You can’t go far wrong with a gown by Ted Baker, and certainly not with this check stitch detail dress.
Thanks to its playful and sporty vibe, it is perfect for those relaxed brides looking for something cool and effortless for their big day. We love the high neckline and the stripes on the skirt. Pair it with some heeled sandals for a seemingly thrown-together summer wedding in the city.
READ MORE: How to Sell Your Wedding Dress
25. Ted Baker Sieera Lace Tunic Dress – £169
The Sieera tunic dress is effortless and elegant, and paired with some pretty hair accessories and nude heels, would make the perfect bridal outfit.
It is cut to an A-line silhouette and has delicate lace detailing to the front, neckline and sleeves.
If you’re after something a little more traditional, why not check out our round-up of the best simple wedding dresses for modern brides?