Walworth Castle Hotel is an exclusive-use wedding venue nestled in the gorgeous countryside near Darlington, in England's Durham region. Those seeking to celebrate their big day surrounded by vintage-style extravagance will adore this 12th-century castle and hotel. From the 16th-century architecture to their stunning ballrooms and lush gardens, you'll have many idyllic places to live out your fairytale love story. This hotel venue is located just five miles from Darlington and 20 minutes from Teesside International Airport.
Facilities and Capacity
Walworth Castle Hotel is set upon 18 beautiful acres of lawns and woodlands that will leave you, your photographer, and each of your guests swooning. It offers various indoor and outdoor spaces to suit any wedding day milestone, including intimate or grand civil ceremonies and wedding breakfasts. Exchange your vows at the venue's charming gazebo before exploring the grounds with your loved ones, snapping photos as you go. The Cardinals Court is ideal for lavish wedding breakfasts and boasts a beautifully restored glass roof, which bathes the space in natural light. If you dream of having the entire venue to yourself, you can opt for exclusive use and experience an unforgettable wedding celebration. After sharing a day of many happy moments, you and your loved ones can retire to the venue's 32 ensuite rooms, which are located in the castle's circular towers and feature four poster beds and double jacuzzi baths.
The dedicated team at Walworth Castle Hotel has been bringing wedding dreams to life for over 40 years and knows how much time and detail goes into event planning. They offer tailor-made packages, allowing you to pick and choose from luxurious amenities, including the following:
- A one-wedding-per-day policy
- Booking of rooms for ceremonies, wedding breakfasts, and evening receptions, and the option to reserve exclusive use of the venue for the day
- A red carpet welcome
- Use of the picturesque grounds for taking photographs
- Personalised design and decor tailored to each couple's vision
- Bespoke dinner and drinks menus provided by their in-house culinary staff at 1189 Bar and Kitchen
- A dedicated toastmaster to lead each wedding breakfast milestone, including speeches, cake-cutting, and the first dance
- Use of a cake stand and knife
- A complimentary bed and breakfast for the newlyweds in their four-poster suite
- Special accommodation rates for guests
Venues you may like
Check out other venues that are popular with couples right now
Frequently asked questions
Venue staff assistance:
Do you have any questions?
Be the first to share your experience!
Your feedback can help future couples make the best decisions for their special day.
Would you like to schedule a visit?