On Hitched.co.uk since 2022
Last update: February 2024
Nestled in 1,100 acres of beautiful East Sussex countryside, the luxury resort is the perfect location where you wedding vision can become a reality. Renowned for our excellent service, delicious food and superb facilities, we provide a personal touch to each and every wedding making your day extra special from beginning to end.
Weddings really are our forte at East Sussex National.... Our dedicated wedding team provide a friendly and informal approach backed up with the experience to look after every detail of your day. With a choice of settings and complete tailor-made packages, we really can bring your wedding dreams to life from an intimate gathering in our Pavilion Restaurant to spectacular celebrations in our magnificent National Suite for up to 350 guests.
For the big moment, we can offer you four totally unique ceremony spaces, from our beautiful 'Birdcage' on the lawns to the striking 'Lynx Roundall'; a circular room for up to 150 guests surrounded by a wall of glass and breath taking views... and with only one ceremony held a day you really can choose the perfect space for you both to say 'I do'!
Take some time out together to explore the grounds, surrounded by the most beautiful views over the manicured lawns and across stunning countryside of the South Downs .... you can even take a golf buggy to explore the many photo opportunities!
Our packages have been designed to meet a variety of budgets to include the most traditional elements of your celebration to create a day to be remembered forever. Looking for something a little different? Simply tell us what would make your wedding or celebration perfect and we will help to create it with our new tailor-made option.
Our team of Chefs pride themselves on creating inspiring dishes sourced from local and seasonal ingredients and can boast 2 AA rosettes to prove it!
As VIP's for the day, you can unwind in one of our luxurious bridal suites, complimentary of course with all our packages. Why not indulge in one of the many pampering treatments in our resort spa or simply order room service and enjoy a leisurely breakfast together on the balcony.
Why not visit us in person to experience all that East Sussex National has to offer - our dedicated team can't wait to show you around!
Team ESN x
Frequently asked questions
Venue staff assistance:
Venue leisure facilities:
Do you have any questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
1 User photo
Lovely food, lovely venue and service!
Booked a luxury suite with wrap around balcony and was given a room on lower ground floor
Reception couldn’t move us!!!! It spoilt our anniversary celebration a bit. Group golf bookings who paid considerably less than us seemed to have priority over balcony rooms.
A balcony is a platform protruding from a building above ground level. !!!!!!!
Won’t be coming back!!!!!
Awful wedding reception experience
The current wedding coordinator doesn’t work weekends for viewings of the hotel or meetings for current bride and grooms which if you work full time just doesn’t work.
On the day we had countless failures by the venue itself which after the wedding we gave them the opportunity to comment on and try to resolve but instead after a week got an email from the general manager to fob us off offering us a 2 night stay FOC which we declined, as to us it was more important to get answers to our problems so it doesn’t happen for future bride and grooms. When we replied asking for answers the manager Vivek didn’t have the decency to respond.
To keep this short I have bullet pointed the issues we faced with the venue on the day with some major issues that they refused to address.
◦ Wedding coordinator wasn’t present on the day. The confirmed staff member wasn’t who we had on the day, however she did her best given the limited information she was provided. We later found the paperwork for our day, it was half ours and half for the wedding the weekend before so no wonder there was confusion. Small things things weren’t done like hoover carpets, iron linen and light candles prior to the wedding breakfast.
◦ The aircon couldn’t be turned on. For a summer wedding it was sweltering.
◦ Drinks prices were different between the venue bar and main hotel bar, guests kept leaving the reception to get cheaper drinks downstairs.
◦ Guests partial and even full drinks were cleared away without permission whilst dancing (a money grab on the venues part as far as we are concerned)
◦ Not all of the food we provided for the evening reception was put out nor was it returned (stackable items like Lindor chocolates, crisps & fruit) we provided boxes for left over food / cheese / cake to be taken away by guests these were removed by the venue and “lost” so we had a LOT of food waste. Not to mention the expensive phantom boxes.
◦ We also provided bags for guests on check in (designer toiletries, food drink & a personalised wedding door hanger to invite them to a group breakfast the next morning. These weren’t handed out check in which we didn’t find out until the next morning at breakfast.
◦ The hotel had also over booked the hotel rooms meaning some guests didn’t get the rooms they had booked and were even forced to pay for a second room on the night!
◦ Our wedding cake was taken away to be served after cutting, however it wasn’t returned. After asking multiple times the groom ended up in the kitchen to find it at about 10pm. This led to a LOT of wasted food, again.
◦ The reception room itself wasn’t laid out correctly or the room hoovered. This was reflected in the honeymoon suite which was very run down, dirty & didn’t even have a fridge or ice for a bottle of champagne in the evening. This made the getting ready photos very hard to take to avoid blemishes on the walls floors, the windows were dirty and the balcony rusty and unpainted. It also had 2 single beds pushed together! Not ideal for a ‘honeymoon suite’…
Overall our day was ruined at the reception stage by constantly having to chase staff for frankly basic requirements laid out in the wedding plan agreed prior to the day, we had lots of negative comments from guests post wedding about the reception which isn’t what you want! Unfortunately the points we made here weren’t all of problems we had but the main ones.
Personally the attitude of staff on the day and after, shows the quality of service they provide and if I could I would have booked anywhere else for our day and will not be returning for any event at the hotel and would recommend anyone looking to book a wedding steers well clear.
Wedding Reception 20.02.20
I would highly recommend this venue for any function you may be thinking of having there.
Our Fantastic Wedding
Best day ever!
4th june 2016
We were very lucky that the weather was kind to us and we were able to have our ceremony outside in the birdcage.
The staff were really attentive and nothing was too much bother for them.... we had a dedicated wedding co-ordinator who went through every detail with us before the day to make sure everything was booked to our requests. On the day we had Paul running our wedding with the help of Mike and our toastmaster David who were all absolutely brilliant!
It is an amazing venue with plenty of choice for different size wedding parties. We had a small daytime followed by a big party in the evening so having our meal in the pavilion restaurant and our evening reception in the national suite worked perfectly for us!
There is absolutely no way we would hesitate to recommend this venue to anybody as our day was just what we wanted and we wouldn't of changed thing!
What a magical day
Totally Amazing Day
All in all a wedding to remember thanks to your staff and venue. Nothing was too much trouble.
Clam & Relaxed
Thank you so much again.
The perfect wedding venue...
Steven 'the wedding coordinator", has everything in hand and more. From helping us plan our dream day to offering ideas and help! We had every confidence in him to let the day run as smoothly as it could and that is what you need on your wedding day! All the little extras were considered and even helping us with the ideas and planning.We were made to feel at ease and everything was in professional hands.
The Chef Mark made exactly how and what we wanted, designing our own menu was not an easy task for him, and it was more than we expected! The taste and presentation was amazing.
Rachel, Hannah and All the other staff were also so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and they all put themselves out for us! A really personal touch.
Tamara made the booking of the rooms for our guests easy and hassle free, making sure we had our guests close and in our preferred chosen rooms.
Overall everyone at The ESN was amazing. They make you feel at ease and are so welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble to any of them.
A Massive Thank you to you all for giving us our perfect day, you all gave it a personal and professional touch. Thank you. We look forward to spending more time here.
Did the reviews win you over?
East Sussex National Real Weddings
Come and view their stunning venue, and let them help you plan your dream wedding with them!
The venue will be dressed for you to see, and they have invited their recommended suppliers who can assist you and answer any questions you might have about booking your special day!
Come and view our stunning venue, and let us help you plan your dream wedding with us!
Would you like to schedule a visit?