Update my wedding date
Keep your profile wedding date
We will pass this information to DJ Scott Dewing so they can respond. Hitched will create an account for you to view your suppliers in a list and create a free wedding plan.
Selecting the right DJ for one of the biggest days of your life is right up there with saying yes to the dress, deciding on the wedding cake and of course selecting a photographer that's going to capture those memorable moments.
Can you imagine having a DJ arrive that's setup on a dinner table with his home hifi, Argos disco lights playing iTunes through his phone? You laugh - it's happened! The DJ can make or break your Wedding reception so make sure you chose wisely.
Why would we choose you to be our DJ?
I've been DJing Weddings for over 15 years now and the thing I love about Weddings is there is no set procedure. This is YOUR special day and I will deliver this event the way YOU would like it delivered.
What service would we receive by booking you as our DJ?
I can offer a wide variety of services for your Wedding Day including:
· Attending your home to create a plan for your day, including times of the first dance, cutting the cake, creating a playlist of 'must plays' & 'steer clear of' etc.
· Following suit with your dress theme (if required) i.e, tie/bow tie, colour to ensure I blend in with the day.
· Welcoming the Bride & Groom into the Wedding Reception
· Assist your photographer to efficiently get guests on and off set.
· Keep your guest book circulating.
· Create a selection of tasks perfect to keep your younger guests occupied whilst entertained.
· Smooth assistance with the giving of gifts and flowers.
· Becoming a host to your guests throughout the day, making announcements, showing your guests to their seats and being readily available for any assistance required as a point of contact.
· Playing a variety of instrumental pieces of music whether it be Piano, Saxophone or Harp etc (this would be played through the PA System and creates a lovely atmosphere whilst your guests are arriving, eating, watching a slideshow of pictures or whilst you cut the cake.
· Supplying Wireless Microphones to ensure all speeches/toasts are heard loud and clear!
· Playing a variety of games including the very popular Mr & Mrs.
· Karaoke - it's not a common request but it is available (remember it's YOUR special day)
· Liaising with any other entertainment you have planned ensuring everything runs smoothly on the day.
· Supply Light Up Letters including LOVE, MR & MRS, INITIAL & INITIAL.
· Supply *Exclusive Products such as Mr & Mrs TV Displays and so much more!
· Supply 16ft x 16ft LED Dancefloors to give your special day that WOW Factor!
· Supply an AWARD WINNING Photo booth to create a fun atmosphere for all at your Wedding Reception!
· Create a package from all of the above and more to create an event that perfectly suits your special day.
I would love to be part of your special day and I really do hope to hear from you soon... either way CONGRATULATIONS!
My husband and I approached Scott to DJ for our wedding August 2017, I've always loved his music choices as he's been a DJ in Colchester town for years! He plays a huge variety, from the golden oldies through to most current out there! Will always end a night out in town with his mixes!
He was brilliant at our wedding and brought his set up of lighting and equipment, very professional and accommodating through the whole process, thanks again DJ Scott Dewing! Would 100% recommend for any occasion! Hope to have you play for us again sometime.
I can offer a wide variety of services including: Mobile DJ Package, LED Starlit Dancefloor, Light Up Letters, Exclusive Mr & Mrs TV Stands and Photobooths.
The Wedding Package can be tailored to your requirements, however the more you book, the better the price becomes overall.
You can contact me with as much or as little notice as you like, the later you leave it the less chance you'll have of me being available.
Once booked, I will come and meet you both in the comfort of your own home or out for a coffee if preferred to discuss what genre of music you would like for your Wedding Day to ensure you have peace of mind that the evening will be delivered the way you'd like it.
I have over 15 years experience with a huge range of music knowledge to ensure I have something to please everyone. This includes but is not limited to: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, Chart Toppers, Soul & Motown, RnB, Garage, House Music and what most people would call 'Kisstory' music.
Yes! I have invested highly in it too! I have a state of the art line array system avoiding those big chunky black speakers and a selection of moving heads all programmed via DMX to create specific effects with the lighting colour, speed and brightness rather than loads of flying coloured dots round the room.
Yes - I would be more than happy to travel.
Depending on the distance, there may be a small charge for travel which we can discuss when quoting.
No, I will not cover more than one wedding a day. This is your special day and I will dedicate my day to you.
I work alone so I can be competitive on price but have invested a lot of time to ensure my rig can be setup in a short space of time if required.
I charge for the event rather than by the hours, the same amount of planning will go in to the day/evening either way. I offer two packages - an evening package and a full day package.
Absolutely! I'm pleased to say that on the night when the dancefloors moving I get asked on a regular basis to play for another hour or so and to be honest - I don't extra charge for it! As long as you have a great night on your special day then what's another hour or so?
Within reason, I don't charge for extra time. If your event is due to finish at midnight and we can go through till 1am then that's no problem at all. If it's 2-3hours more then yes there would be a charge for extra time which we can discuss when quoting.
I have a business bank account where you can bank transfer the money to for the deposit. I am more than happy to wait until the day of your wedding for the remaining balance which can be paid via bank transfer or cash but I must have payment before setting up the equipment.
39 Warren Lane, Stanway, Colchester, Essex, CO3 0LN
DJ Scott Dewing details have been saved to your shortlist.