Selecting the right DJ for one of the biggest days of your life is right up there with saying yes to the dress, deciding on the wedding cake and of course selecting a photographer that's going to capture those memorable moments.
Can you imagine having a DJ arrive that's setup on a dinner table with his home hifi, Argos disco lights playing iTunes through his phone? You laugh - it's happened! The DJ can make or break your Wedding reception so make sure you chose wisely.
Why would we choose you to be our DJ?
I've been DJing Weddings for over 15 years now and the thing I love about Weddings is there is no set procedure. This is YOUR special day and I will deliver this event the way YOU would like it delivered.
What service would we receive by booking you as our DJ?
I can offer a wide variety of services for your Wedding Day including:
· Attending your home to create a plan for your day, including times of the first dance, cutting the cake, creating a playlist of 'must plays' & 'steer clear of' etc.
· Following suit with your dress theme (if required) i.e, tie/bow tie, colour to ensure I blend in with the day.
· Welcoming the Bride & Groom into the Wedding Reception
· Assist your photographer to efficiently get guests on and off set.
· Keep your guest book circulating.
· Create a selection of tasks perfect to keep your younger guests occupied whilst entertained.
· Smooth assistance with the giving of gifts and flowers.
· Becoming a host to your guests throughout the day, making announcements, showing your guests to their seats and being readily available for any assistance required as a point of contact.
· Playing a variety of instrumental pieces of music whether it be Piano, Saxophone or Harp etc (this would be played through the PA System and creates a lovely atmosphere whilst your guests are arriving, eating, watching a slideshow of pictures or whilst you cut the cake.
· Supplying Wireless Microphones to ensure all speeches/toasts are heard loud and clear!
· Playing a variety of games including the very popular Mr & Mrs.
· Karaoke - it's not a common request but it is available (remember it's YOUR special day)
· Liaising with any other entertainment you have planned ensuring everything runs smoothly on the day.
· Supply Light Up Letters including LOVE, MR & MRS, INITIAL & INITIAL.
· Supply *Exclusive Products such as Mr & Mrs TV Displays and so much more!
· Supply 16ft x 16ft LED Dancefloors to give your special day that WOW Factor!
· Supply an AWARD WINNING Photo booth to create a fun atmosphere for all at your Wedding Reception!
· Create a package from all of the above and more to create an event that perfectly suits your special day.
I would love to be part of your special day and I really do hope to hear from you soon... either way CONGRATULATIONS!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is your starting price?
My starting price for an Evening DJ Service is £749.00
What services do you offer?
I have a variety of DJ Booths available to suit the theme of your Wedding along with Starlit Dancefloors, Light Up Letters & Wedding TV Displays.
What is included in the wedding package?
Every Wedding is different and the most important thing is that it's personal to you. I do have packages available but these can be tailored to your requirements.
How far in advance should I contact you?
You can contact me whenever suits you. Please just bare in mind that the longer you leave it, the less chance I'll have availability.
What style of music do you offer?
I've been a DJ for over 15 years and in that time, I've played a variety of genres so have an extensive range of music. We will of course discuss your taste in music and create a guide for the night playing any requests that you'd like to hear on the night.
Is it possible to request something that is not in the repertoire?
Yes, absolutely! This is your special day and I'll deliver it your way. All I ask is that I can have the request list a least a week before to ensure I have everything ready for your Wedding Day.
I have over 15 years experience as a Professional DJ and have built a wealth of knowledge which has enabled me to deliver the atmosphere I achieve at each and every Wedding that I play.
Do you have your own equipment?
Yes and I invest highly to ensure it's state of the art and nothing less than you would expect on such a special day. This includes: Line Array Speakers - High quality, small in size speakers that are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.DMX Light Shows - giving me the control to change the speed, motion, brightness & colour of the lights to suit the theme of your day rather than lots of flashing coloured dots flying round the room all night. Custom Built DJ Booths - Including Rustic, Video DJ Booth - playing all the music videos to the tracks I'm playing and my latest Flower Wall DJ Booth.High Gloss White Starlit Dancefloors - perfect to create the ultimate centrepiece 'Wow-Factor' in your venue.Light Up Letters - ready to create a display personal to you such as your initials, surname or the classic LOVE, MR & MRS, DANCE etc.Wedding TV Display - Tell the story of your relationship on my Wedding TV Display including those favourite holiday snaps, first dates, friends & family to all your Wedding guests.
Are you able to travel?
Yes - absolutely. Pop a message over and we can discuss this further.
Is there a charge for travelling?
Depending on the distance, there may be a small charge for travel which we can discussed.
Do you cover more than one wedding a day?
No, I will not cover more than one wedding a day. This is your special day and I will dedicate my day to you.
Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?
I work alone but don't panic - in my 15 odd years as a professional DJ I have never been unable to fulfil a booking.
What is the length of time of the act?
A standard evening package is generally 5 hours and the all day package is from when your guests arrive but I'm more than happy to discuss this in further detail with you should you have different requirements.
Do you charge per hour or per event?
I charge for the event rather than by the hours, the same amount of planning will go in to the day/evening either way. I offer two packages - an evening package and a full day package.
If needed, would you be able to work extra hours
Absolutely! I'm pleased to say that on the night when the dancefloors moving I get asked on a regular basis to play for another hour or so and to be honest - I don't extra charge for it! As long as you have a great night on your special day then what's another hour or so?
How do you charge for extra time?
Within reason, I don't charge for extra time. If your event is due to finish at midnight and we can go through till 1am then that's no problem at all. If it's 2-3hours more then yes there would be a charge for extra time which we can discuss when quoting.
What are the forms of payment?
I have a business bank account where you can bank transfer the money to for the deposit. I am more than happy to wait until the day of your wedding for the remaining balance which can be paid via bank transfer or cash but I must have payment before setting up the equipment.
Reviews for DJ Scott Dewing
Recommended by 100% of couples
claire · Married on 26/10/2018
Fantastic DJ - Highly Recomended!
My husband and I approached Scott to DJ for our wedding August 2017, I've always loved his music choices as he's been a DJ in Colchester town for years! He plays a huge variety, from the golden oldies through to most current out there! Will always end a night out in town with his mixes!Sent on 26/02/2019
He was brilliant at our wedding and brought his set up of lighting and equipment, very professional and accommodating through the whole process, thanks again DJ Scott Dewing! Would 100% recommend for any occasion! Hope to have you play for us again sometime.
Jasmine Holgate - 10th October 2019
Scott was brilliant setting up the dancefloor and letting me know what was going on to the lead up to our wedding. It was a light up one and it was amazing. It worked all night we had no issues and so many guests comment on how beautiful it was. Thank you so much!!!!!Sent on 19/05/2020
Leah Marcel - 27th July 2018
Honestly couldn’t recommend Scott enough to dj for parties, weddings, engagements etc, recommended him for a close friends wedding and he smashed the dance floor with hits from the old times to recent hits today, not one bum on a seat! Cannot wait for him to play at my wedding! And he always plays my requests when asked not that I need to ask as he always remembers!Sent on 19/05/2020
1 Preferred Vendors