Welcome to St Martin’s Priory, Canterbury’s hidden gem...
Our venue is nestled in the heart of Kent the garden of England, and sits snuggly within the borders of the World Heritage site of St Martin’s Church; recognised by UNESCO as the oldest church in the English speaking world!
St Martin’s Priory is a Grade II listed building built over 350 years ago. Much of the original architecture remains, creating a space that is filled with history, featuring Jacobean and Georgian architecture and fine wooden pannelled walls, offering you an elegant and sophisticated location for your big day.
St Martin’s Priory is set among 2.5 acres of enchanted gardens and offers you a majestic and private location for your wedding day in the heart of Canterbury City. Your guests can enjoy a drinks reception on the Tudor lawn, and stroll through the picturesque Rose Gardens, whilst you are whisked away for memory making photos in the backdrop of breath-taking views of Canterbury Cathedral from the top lawn.
St Martin's Priory prides itself on ensuring couples day is unique so whether you would like a traditional three course wedding breakfast, or a hog roast straight from the spit served street style, our wedding coordinators are on hand to discuss what would make your day yours and unique!
The St Martin’s Priory team have painstakingly searched for the best quality and value when it comes to its catering services and we have a range of options to suit any couples tastes. Our dedicated, friendly catering executives are on hand to build a bespoke menu, or allow you to choose from an extensive sample menu should you prefer.
St Martin's Priory is licenced to hold ceremonies for up to 80 guests and can hold up to 40 guests for a wedding breakfast within the building. Alternatively, a marquee can be provided to cater for up to 100 guests for a wedding breakfast and up to 150 guests to an evening reception. We work closely with our marquee provider, who is happy to meet with couples and discuss decorations and finishing and for each marquee to be individual to couples tastes and requirements. Marquee hire includes the following:
- 12m x 15m Frame Marquee with a mixture of white pvc solid side & either Georgian windows or max-clear windows.
- Floor matting for the marquee with plastic under-lay.
- Complete Ivory linings for above marquee with ivory swags.
- 12 Uplighters with dimmer unit & coloured gels
- 12 Arm Chandeliers with dimmer unit
- Limewash Chiavari chairs with seat pads
- 21’ x 21’ Parquet dance floor.
- 6m x 6m Catering frame marquee with white pvc sides, matting with under-lay & strip lights (for the catering team)
Additional options are available at an additional charge, please contact us for further details.
- Next to the oldest church in England
- Grade II listed building
- 2.5 acres of magical gardens
- Fantastic view of historic Canterbury from the top lawn
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
4 reviewsWrite a Review
St Martin's Hill CT1 1PW Canterbury (Kent)