Matara is an exclusive use venue that hosts tailored wedding celebrations that reflect the personal meaning of union for the couple. Set in the Cotswolds, on 28 acres, the venue boasts an Asian inspired Cloistered Courtyard, a banquet and dance hall, with a glass dome at it’s centre, alongside 5 ante rooms, and extensive gardens. With 6 licensed ceremony areas, 3 outdoor locations and 3 indoors, couples are offered an unparalleled opportunity to make their day truly unique. A strict one wedding per day policy assures a feeling of exclusivity and gives everyone an opportunity to truly relax and enjoy the day.
With on location accommodation available for up to 28 people, including the honeymoon lodge, the large Regency home, and converted haylofts, Matara welcomes the wedding party to stay a while and make a weekend or perhaps a week of the big day.
Our menus are made up of seasonal dishes freshly prepared by our in-house Chef. He is also delighted to create a bespoke wedding breakfast, catering to the wildest of imaginations. Meanwhile our in-house wedding coordinators are on hand to help couples prepare and organize their day from the moment they book.
- A place of beauty and tranquility, Matara at Kingscote Park is set within 28 acres of glorious Cotswolds parkland.
- We are committed to supporting you in creating a joyful, authentic wedding and a happy and fulfilling marriage.
- Matara invites you to be creative; you are free to make the space your own, to fit your colour scheme and theme.
- The Centre is licensed for Civil Ceremonies & Civil Partnerships, both indoor and outdoor.
- We also offer accommodation for up to 28 people on site in Kingscote Park House, the Lodge and Zen rooms.
- We offer a wide range of menus and dishes, all prepared with love and care. Our fresh food is local, fresh, seasonal and organic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
268 reviewsWrite a Review
Matara Real Weddings
33 photos · 26/05/2019
30 photos · 09/09/2017
20 photos · 20/09/2014
A few remaining weekend dates for 2022 are still avaliable. Please contact the team to discuss if you are still looking for a date in 2022.
We are opening our doors to the venue and accommodation on Sunday 24th Octiber 1pm - 4pm - Free Entry
Feel free to come along during these times with family and friends and wander at your lesuire.
We are inviting some wonderful local suppliers and our in house chef will be serving up some of his delights for you to try.
Our in house wedding coordinators will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The Two BonnysRating 5 out of 5 , 48 reviews· Photo Booths (48)
Gemma Waugh Hair & Make-up DesignRating 5 out of 5 , 4 reviews· Beauty, Hair & Make Up (4)
Victoria Abbosh MakeupRating 5 out of 5 , 14 reviews· Beauty, Hair & Make Up (14)
Andy Bennett PhotographerRating 5 out of 5 , 17 reviews· Photographers (17)
Kingscote Park GL8 8YA Tetbury (Gloucestershire)