Looking for somewhere unique to hold your wedding reception in Canterbury?
Set within the beautiful grounds of Canterbury Cathedral, part of a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site, in the heart of the City of Canterbury, Kent. The Cathedral Lodge offers brides a very special and truly unique wedding reception venue.
This wonderful venue caters for anything from a small intimate wedding breakfast in the Refectory Restaurant, with its own private garden, to a sit down meal for up to 120 guests in the stunning Clagett Auditorium. Couples may choose to enjoy a drinks reception in the Kentish Barn, which enjoys wonderful views of the Cathedral from its large bay windows or alternatively the Campanile Garden is available for summer drinks receptions and of course those very important photos whatever the season.
Guests can stay overnight in one of the 35 well-appointed hotel bedrooms, with the majority enjoying stunning views of the Cathedral and gardens. All overnight guests receive a full English breakfast and entrance to Canterbury Cathedral throughout their stay. In line with the true ethos of the Cathedral, you will be assured a very warm welcome.
- Fantastic location in grounds of Canterbury Cathedral
- Private Campanile Garden that overlooks the Cathedral, ideal for drinks receptions and stunning photos
- Various function spaces, with the stunning Clagett Auditorium being able to accommodate 150 people for an evening wedding reception
- 35 well-appointed bedrooms with most enjoying stunning views of the magnificent Cathedral
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
33 reviewsWrite a Review
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Real Weddings
109 photos · 18/07/2020
2021 Small Wedding Reception Package
£2,150 for 30 guests to include the following:
- Venue Hire
Complimentary bedroom for the Bride & Groom
- Glass of Bucks Fizz on arrival
- Three-Course Wedding Breakfast chosen from Menu A
- Half a bottle of Cathedral Wines (served with the Wedding Breakfast)
- Coffee and Mints
- A glass of Sparkling Wine for the Toast
- White Linen table cloths, napkins, white chair covers and your choice of colour sash
- Wedding Co-ordinator
Cake Stand and knife
Hotel Event Manager as Toastmaster
The Precincts CT1 2EH Canterbury (Kent)