Bolton Castle is a magnificent Medieval Fortress which is steeped in history and has a wonderful atmosphere, which is brought to life when people come to celebrate here. Our spectacular rooms are licenced for Civil Ceremonies and Receptions and couples are able to entertain their guests as royalty once did.
Wedding Couples who choose to hold their reception at Bolton have exclusive use of the Castle and are able to treat it as their own. We hold ceremonies in our stunning Solar room which is south facing to get the best of the sunlight and has beautiful views. Wedding Breakfasts are held in our magnificent Great Chamber which would have once held great banquets. We have several options for drinks receptions including our rustic old kitchen, partially ruined chapel, courtyard and medieval gardens.
Couples and their guests also have the freedom to explore the castle and grounds and there are endless wonderful photographic opportunities .
We have our own caterers who can cater for all tastes and budgets from hog roasts and cold buffets to sumptuous three course meals. Our caterers provide sample menus but are also able to work with couples to create their perfect menu for the big day.
Bolton Castle provides a completely unique and special experience for your perfect wedding.
- Stunning Medieval castle set in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Fully licenced for Civil Ceremonies and receptions
- Accommodating up to 120 guests for the Ceremony and Wedding Breakfast and up to 240 for an evening reception
- Exclusive use of the venue when you book to hold your reception here and the chance to treat the castle as your own
- Special opportunities to have our beautiful barn owl deliver your wedding rings, wow your guests with a Hawk and Owl or falconry display.
- Freedom to set up the venue up to two days before the wedding to ensure everything is perfect for your special day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
27 reviewsWrite a Review
4 User photos
Free admission to our castle wedding fair. Come and get some inspiration for your wedding.
Leyburn DL8 4ET Bedale (North Yorkshire)