Say "I do" in a perfect, romantic setting, as unique as you and your partner. Allerton Castle is an exclusive, historic stately home, permitting you to make memories to cherish for a lifetime, on your special day. Located just between Harrogate, Leeds and York, Allerton Castle is nestled in the Yorkshire countryside, offering your guests the tranquillity of the country life, but easily accessed.
Perfect for weddings of all sizes. Ranging from intimate ceremonies of under 10 people to larger parties. The castle can seat up to 100 guests for your indoor ceremony, whether this be a blessing or civil ceremony, and your Wedding Breakfast. The Castle is fully licenced in numerous spaces, depending on your numbers, for a civil ceremony. Want a larger party? The Great Hall can facilitate up to 120 guests for your evening party and marquee options are available, with the castle as your picturesque backdrop.
The grandness of the castle makes every photo amazing. The Great Hall, decorated with gothic Victorian oak, provides an elegant setting for your fairy-tale vision for a ceremony and drinks receptions on those colder days. The breath-taking Ballroom complimented by high vaulted ceilings and awe-inspiring woodwork designs facilitate your Wedding Breakfast presenting you and your guests the perfect environment to dine in luxury. With 5* catering provided by Bradshaws of York, leave the hard work to us as we dazzle you with our lifelong experience of weddings and cuisine. The gardens and grounds of the castle contribute to all your gorgeous wedding photographs and enable your guests with the perfect opportunity to take a stroll around the gardens.
Now, for your ease of planning, our packages are combined with catering, with no hidden costs, to ensure you know your budget. All packages include a cash and card, fully licenced bar. The Castle packages admit you and your guests to numerous breath-taking rooms, perfect to entertain guests in and get those magnificent pictures for your photo album. More exquisite rooms are available for you to upgrade to if the standard package is just not enough, so you can tailor your day to you.
Allerton Castle, has limited on-site accommodation, offering the happy couple a marvellous, gold-plated Bridal Suite to stay overnight. To make up for this lack of accommodation, we also offer a list full of discounts and deals with local hotels. Ask our Events team for our extensive list of local accommodation, that has bundles of discounts and information to enjoy.
To finish the day, it is possible to have a spectacular fireworks display, which theatrically lights the Castle and grounds providing a truly extraordinary memory.
Some amazing rooms you can tailor to your special day:
- The Palace Suite is an elegant room for the Bride and bridesmaids to relax with a glass of champagne whilst preparing for the Ceremony.
- The Billiard Room is set aside for the Groom, his Best Man and Ushers to enjoy a game of billiards before the Ceremony
- The Great Hall provides a stunning bridal entrance down the grand staircase and is the picture-perfect setting for your Civil Ceremony.
- The Ballroom is ideal for your Wedding Breakfast, it has a superb white fan vaulted ceiling contrasting with royal blue walls.
- The Drawing Room is the perfect place to sign the Marriage Register, lit by a blue Venetian glass chandelier and with turquoise silk walls.
- Licensed to hold civil ceremonies in the Great Hall or in the Drawing Room for a more intimate Wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
44 reviewsWrite a Review
Allerton Castle HG5 0SE Plompton (North Yorkshire)