Stowe House is a Flitwick-based wedding venue located in Bedfordshire, England. This setting is a 17th Century Ducal Palace and is unique in its grandeur and style. Once you step inside Stowe House, you will not have to think about finding the perfect setting for your wedding—you will have found it.
Facilities and Capacity
Holding no more than 20 weddings per year, the individuality and elegance of Stowe House will provide the perfect setting you deserve on the most special day of your life. Most of the grounds were designed by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown and, to this day, they cement Stowe as the first and finest landscaped gardens in England. The team offers a choice of breath-taking State Rooms and can help you to optimise the different spaces you select. Ceremonies and wedding breakfasts can be held in the Music Room, exquisitely decorated by Vincenzo Valdrè, or The Marble Saloon inspired by the Pantheon in Room. The State Dining Room whose natural lighting and intricate ceiling provide a stunning backdrop for a wedding breakfast and the Temple Room acts as a great dancing and bar area for your evening party with plenty of room for moonwalks and slow dances alike. For more intimate celebrations, the recently restored Blue Room and its distinct Damask Silk walls is an idyllic space for smaller wedding parties. Feel the elegance of days gone by as you walk through the magnificent floor to ceiling doors onto our South Portico. You and your guests can enjoy drinks and canapés on the South Portico, overlooking the Octagon Lake, Corinthian Arch and rolling Buckinghamshire countryside as far the eye can see. Gather all your friends and family on the steps leading down from the South Portico for a fantastic photo opportunity with the entirety of the House behind you all. Once on the grounds, you and your guests can enjoy garden games, relax and enjoy the view or make use of the access to the National Trust grounds for photos.
The onsite team at Stowe House works to give soon-to-be-weds a personalized wedding experience. All crockery, furniture, linen, and dinnerware will be provided for a full-service reception. The in-house chefs customize each menu to suit a couple's unique palate. An event coordinator will also be available to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Do you have any questions?
7 reviewsWrite a review
Did the reviews win you over?
Winter Weddings at Stowe House
Based on 90 guests
Available October 2022 - March 2023
YOUR WINTER WEDDING AT STOWE HOUSE WILL INCLUDE:
• Exclusive use of three State Rooms at Stowe House, 12.00pm - midnight.
• Two glasses of sparkling wine for your reception and a choice of 4 canapés per person (set menu).
• A delicious three course wedding breakfast by Goose & Berry (set menu), followed by tea and coffee.
• Complimentary menu tasting for two people before your event at Goose & Berry’s premises in Maidenhead.
• Half a bottle of house wine per guest plus complimentary still and sparkling water.
• A glass of sparkling wine pp for your toast.
• A PA system for your speeches.
• A DJ for your evening reception.
• One evening snack per guest (set menu).
• All glassware, crockery, cutlery and table linen.
• Uplighting in two of the State Rooms.
• Cash bar for your evening reception.
• Two event security personnel.
• Dedicated Events Manager.
• Additional add-ons that can be included; red carpet entrance, 2 x easels for your table plan or welcome sign.
* Prices are subject to VAT. 1am extension fee £1000+vat. This package is based on 90 adults. Extra guests are charged at £135+vat per person, children are charged at £35 (12 and under). You will need to hire a local Registrar if having your civil ceremony with us.
We have various dates still avalaible throughout 2022, including weekend dates.
Please get in touch if you are looking to get married this year.
Stowe MK18 5EH Stowe (Buckinghamshire)
Would you like to schedule a visit?