Exclusive and romantic, Mapperton offers outdoor and indoor ceremony options, guest-pleasing gardens with views over the valley, stately home heritage and a superb rustic yet modern rustic barn.
Nestled in the rolling hills near Beaminster stands Mapperton House & Gardens, Dorset’s finest country wedding venue.
Our venue is perfect for couples who are looking for a personalised approach to their wedding with plenty of wow factor as well as practical solutions for every element of your day.
Wake up in the double-aspect master bedroom of Garden Cottage at Mapperton on the morning of your wedding in the Garden Cottage, knowing at the end of the party you’ll stroll back across the lawn hand in hand reflecting on a wonderful celebration.
We have four beautiful outdoor ceremony locations and two indoor licensed areas, all with flexible styling options. After your exchange of vows, celebrate with drinks and canapes outside the chic vintage Orangery and enjoy far-reaching views through the gardens into the tumbling countryside beyond, a favourite spot for showstopper photos. Your guests will love wandering through the award-winning gardens and truly relax in the peaceful atmosphere at Mapperton. Lawn games welcome!
As the afternoon lengthens lead your party over to our Coach House, where your Wedding Breakfast has space for up to 120 seated guests. This rustic barn has a modern tonal feel as well as retaining heritage charm with original features. Banqueting tables and crossback chairs are included in your package although do hire round tables if preferred. We include a 9x12m marquee in our package and this is often set up beside the Coach House creating a mini fiesta feel to your evening party, especially with fire pits and festoon lights.
There is additional space on the Croquet Lawn for a larger marquee reception.
A Mapperton Weddings Co-ordinator will seamlessly oversee your day, allowing you to relax and enjoy every moment.
Mapperton is an unsurpassable location for your country wedding. Visit Mapperton to meet our approachable team and tell us more about your vision for the perfect wedding day.
Getting to the deails - your exclusive hire of Mapperton includes:
• Exclusive use of the site on the day of your wedding from 10am to 12am (earlier access may be available on request)
• Access the day before your wedding from 5pm at the latest, usually far earlier
• Exclusive use of the luxury three bedroom Garden Cottage for the night before and night of your wedding
• Choice of stunning indoor and outdoor locations for your ceremony
• Exclusive use of the Gardens and outside the Orangery, perfect for drinks and canapés
• Exclusive use of the Coach House for your wedding breakfast and evening party
• 9x12m marquee to provide outside cover
• Spectacular variety of stunning locations for your wedding photography
• Trestle tables in a banqueting layout and crossback chairs
• Spaces to erect additional marquees if desired
• Fully stocked and staffed bar (prepaid or cash)
• PA and 4K video projection system in Coach House for wedding speeches and toasts
• Space for a live band and DJ
- Voted ‘the nation’s finest manor house’ and Historic Houses Garden of the Year 2020, Mapperton is a stunning country house wedding venue located near Beaminster, Dorset
- The Garden Pavilion, Coach House, Orangery and Garden Grottoes are all licensed for civil ceremonies
- Our chic Orangery is the perfect backdrop for your drinks reception, overlooking one of England’s most celebrated gardens
- Rustic barn Coach House provides flexible entertaining space for up to 120 seated guests, with licensed bar and breakout space, plus sound and lighting systems
- Main lawn can accommodate marquee for up to 400 guests
- Exclusive use of venue
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
12 reviewsWrite a Review
2 User photos
Liz Baker Fine Art PhotographyPhotographers
Beaminster DT8 3NR Bowood (Dorset)