Undiscovered, exclusive and wildly romantic, Mapperton was voted the UK’s finest manor house by Country Life magazine and has been shortlisted for the Historic Houses Garden of the Year Award 2020.
Our venue is perfect for couples who are looking for a personalised approach to their wedding with plenty of wow factor as well as a stunning rustic barn for your reception and evening party. We have four beautiful outdoor ceremony locations and two indoor licensed areas. After your exchange of vows, celebrate with drinks and canapes outside the chic vintage Orangery and enjoy far-reaching views through the formal gardens into the tumbling countryside beyond, a favourite spot for photos. Allow plenty of time for your guests to wander through the gardens and truly relax in the peaceful atmosphere at Mapperton.
Afterwards head over for your wedding breakfast to our rustic barn, The Coach House, recently converted into a magnificent entertaining space for up to 120 seated guests, and more for your evening party reception.
Mapperton is an unsurpassable location for your country wedding, a true blank canvas with a variety of venues and spaces to suit the unique style of your day. We would love to invite you to visit Mapperton and take a look for yourselves.
Your exclusive hire of Mapperton includes:
• Exclusive use of the site on the day of your wedding from 10am to 12am (earlier access may be available on request)
• Access the day before your wedding from 5pm at the latest, usually far earlier
• Exclusive use of the luxury three bedroom Garden Cottage for the night before and night of your wedding
• Choice of stunning indoor and outdoor locations for your ceremony
• Exclusive use of the Gardens and outside the Orangery, perfect for drinks and canapés
• Exclusive use of the Coach House for your wedding breakfast and evening party
• 9x12m marquee to provide outside cover
• Spectacular variety of stunning locations for your wedding photography
• Trestle tables in a banqueting layout and crossback chairs
• Spaces to erect additional marquees if desired
• Fully stocked and staffed bar (prepaid or cash)
• PA and 4K video projection system in Coach House for wedding speeches and toasts
• Space for a live band and DJ
Reviews for Mapperton
Recommended by 100% of couples
Amanda & Joe · Married on 20/07/2019
Dream Day - I would have no hesitation recommending Mapperton Estate for your upcoming wedding. We had our wedding in July this summer and it was an absolute Fairytale. The venue is stunning and I couldn't have been happier with my overall experience before and during. Laura Bell was so helpful and easy to work with. I was unable to physically be there to do most of my planning and she assured me that everything would be taken care of and in place to make the day as easy as possible. Laura and the rest of the team put us at ease immediately and continued throughout the day itself. I would suggest that if you do book your wedding that you would book the cottage along with it. It was an absolute game changer having that space the night before and the day of. Not to mention, it was beautiful as well! I wish I could already repeat this day!Sent on 17/06/2020
Jane & Tim · Married on 06/10/2018
Dear Claire, Laura & everyone at Mapperton. Thank you so much for helping us to realise our Perfect Wedding day and working behind the scenes to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Claire you saved my sanity on the Thursday before the big day, offering a fantastic wet weather plan amidst my sheer panic. Mapperton provided the most wonderful setting. The autumnal light & colour captured in our photos are incredible. We wish you all the best with future weddings!Sent on 01/03/2019
Holly & Calen · Married on 24/08/2018
We had the most amazing day thank you. You both work so hard and we really appreciate all of your help and advice given on the run up to the wedding. Everything was perfect! Of course the venue is absolutely stunning and everyone commented on your beautiful gardens.Sent on 17/06/2020
1 Preferred Vendors