Colville Hall is a simply stunning wedding venue that is the perfect place for your special day and up to 200 guests. Based in Essex, this unique group of thatched barns are situated around a picturesque courtyard setting and is a location rich in charm and history.
Colville Hall's unique selling point is that we have two barns. One for the Wedding breakfast - the Mill Pond Barn and one for the civil cermony or drinks reception - the Orchard Barn. Allowing everything to be set up in the morning and no turn around time keeping guest waiting for chairs and tables to be moved. Also in bad weather a drinks reception and group photographs can be held in the Orchard Barn - no one is left to panic and the venue is completely prepared for all weather types, making it a great choice for any season.
The ambience and tranquillity of Colville Hall is breathtaking. There are 10 acres of formal gardens with beautiful features that will make those picture opportunities even more special and romantic. We are licensed to hold civil ceremonies in our Orchard Barn and if you are planning a summer wedding then our two gazebos make a magical outside setting.
Enjoy a surreal and unforgettable wedding breakfast in the Mill Pond Barn with its 30 foot glass doors and views overlooking the elegant duck pond. The Cambridge Dining Company are Colville Hall’s exclusive catering partners and will provide an exquisite dinning service for your wedding day. The wedding planner we provide you with will help you choose from the range of fresh and seasonal British food, to find the right menu to suit your wedding party and budget.
The Old Dairy is a lovingly converted spot that is the perfect place for the bride and her bridal party to stay the night before the wedding subject to availability. With a seven foot mirror and large dressing room, you can get ready for your big day in the lap of luxury!
To view this spectacular venue for yourself, get in touch with our friendly team today - we'd love to hear all about your special day.
- Opened in June 2016, this new venue is stunning, in a picturesque location that is unique and steeped in history
- 10 acres of beautiful formal grounds that feature ponds, gazebos, ancient monuments and a Grade 1 archway. Perfect for romantic photo opportunities
- The Old Dairy sleeps 8 people and has a large dressing room, its own kitchen and sitting room.
- The Cambridge Dining Company has an exclusive partnership with Colville Hall and will invite you to a tasting
- All packages are a starting point to planning your wedding and can be tailored to suit your requirements
- All packages include a three course wedding breakfast, evening food and reception drinks
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
57 reviewsWrite a Review
Chelmsford Road CM6 1RQ Great Dunmow (Essex)