On Hitched.co.uk since 2022
Last update: November 2023
Located in the lost village of Godwick, Godwick Great Barn is set amongst a picturesque, English landscape, complete with its own set of ancient ruins.
Godwick Great Barn is a truly unique 450 year old Grade II listed wedding and event venue in Norfolk that combines oodles of history and magnificence within a wonderful ancient rural landscape.
Set in 100 acres of parkland, Godwick is a blank canvas venue that can be tailored to suit your own requirements with plenty of outside space for stunning photographs, entertaining, garden games, outside ceremonies and wonderful onsite accommodation.
It is licensed for wedding ceremonies both inside and outside, so you can hold your whole day at Godwick. The Great Barn has a rustic authenticity with polished concrete floor and tasteful new additions giving contemporary facilities, posh loos, modern kitchen space, reception area and bespoke bar.
Godwick has never been an ordinary venue. Quirky, eccentric, but always wonderfully glorious. It’s the perfect place to get married or to celebrate your wedding.
- Godwick Great Barn is a blank canvas wedding venue, which means you can personalise the space to suit your own vision and style.
- Our venue combines rustic authenticity with luxurious, contemporary facilities, including our large kitchen space, posh loos and in house bespoke bar.
- Perfect for intimate weddings through to large weddings of 120-plus guests. Evening parties can accommodate 200 people.
- Godwick's own team of wedding planners and event managers will ensure your wedding runs smoothly so you can relax and enjoy the best day of your lives.
- Tables and chairs supplied for 120 guests - both rustic banquet tables and traditional round tables.
- In house PA sound system for ceremony music inside and outside, background music inside and outside and for speeches.
- Underfloor heating and insulated roof for winter warmth.
- Exclusive hire of Godwick Great Barn.
- Set up day to prepare the barn and ensure it looks the way you want it to.
- Experienced team of wedding planners and event managers to help through the planning process.
- The party doesn't have to stop for some lucky guests - we have 7 gorgeous bedrooms at Godwick Hall, 3 quirky Shepherd's Huts, two wonderful staragzer bell tents and the Old Stables next door. In all we can sleep up to 30 adults on site.
- Godwick Hall is the centre of the accommodation (and is itself a small wedding venue for upto 25 guests) boasts an outdoor heated swimming pool open from June to the end of Septemnber and a games room equipped with a snooker table.
- Camping area adjacent to the barn for the night of the wedding only.
- Godwick Great Barn is no ordinary venue - it is one of the most spectacular barn locations in Norfolk!
Frequently asked questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
Do you have any questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
23 User photos
Want a stunning countryside wedding?! Look no further
The best day of our lives
The best venue in existence!
We were completely taken with the Barn and its unique surroundings when we had our first meeting with James and after taking a look around Godwick Hall, the stables and shepherds huts there was no question that we knew this was where we wanted to get married and it did not disappoint.
Every guest who celebrated with us was blown away by how beautiful the venue was. Our family and friends who were able to stay with us and share all the accommodation on site had the most amazing long weekend which was the perfect way to extend the celebrations.
Our event co-ordinator, Megan, couldn't have been more helpful and supportive throughout the whole process and under Megan's supervision the day was completely perfect and we felt so lucky it was ours!
We will be recommending Godwick to anyone we can, not just for a wedding but for a special and memorable weekend away and we so hope to be back soon to relive the amazing memories we made.
A huge thank you to the whole Godwick team who made everything so special for us. We couldn't be more grateful.
What an incredible venue!
The staff are all wonderful and we had the most amazing wedding day! The venue itself is just beautiful. We wouldn’t change a thing and are so glad we got married here.
Wonderful wedding & weekend
Wedding at Godwick Hall
A wedding dream come true!
From the very moment of booking in our date, we were made to feel supported in the planning for our wedding as well as a big sense of freedom being able to choose our own caterer, florist, band, DJ, stylist etc.
The Godwick team were always there for advice but not pushy or adding on £££ for every decision we made.
All of the team were so incredibly helpful and friendly along the way. We were assigned a wedding planner who was always there to answer questions and offer advice via email and an online platform and they supported us on the day and afterwards.
The grounds are stunning - the barn, folly and hall. We were able to make such an occasion celebrating over the whole weekend making use of the hall and all it has to offer.
We made memories with family and friends at Godwick that will last for a lifetime. We could not be more grateful to the Godwick team for making the day so perfect - it really was a dream come true.
Mrs Natalie Griffiths
Couldn't have hoped for more x
However. Having visited several places within approx 50 miles of where we live, we found a few barns / rustic-style venues and Godwick stood out as the best physically and BY FAR the best for price and service.
You never know for sure and it's a nervy thing to jump into, but we couldn't have been luckier - and we couldn't be happier with what we got. The team is Godwick is attentive and helpful with everything. The recommended vendors are great but they're also happy for you to shop around. Their experience means they really can help with everything.
Fully recommend the accommodation along with the barn! We thought it would be nice to have a gathering of our top-tier guests the day before and the morning after, but it was so much more than that. The space is made for casual socialising. Everyone bonding and getting to know each other. Plenty of space and comfort for privacy. And naturally the rooms (varying by size of course) are all great, and the best ones are 5star luxury.
This is a 5star review, in case I don't get the chance to make that clear! Couldn't have asked for more.
December 2022 Wedding
It was just we two for the wedding but were supported by a wonderful team of staff who clearly love their roles and made us feel genuinely special.
At the forefront of the team was Debbie Lee and we cannot praise her highly enough .
From the start she was personable , friendly, professional and a gentle guiding hand from start to finish . Always available and first class communications by email , phone or text .
Simply put she is a kind, caring , lovely person and we were in safe hands . In addition she was one of our witnesses ..
If you wish to have a perfect , trouble free wedding in beautiful rural Norfolk then what are you waiting for ?.
Highly , highly recommended..
Did the reviews win you over?
Would you like to schedule a visit?