Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2020

Inviting guests to evening reception, but not the ceremony or wedding breakfast.

SunnyPinkHair89693, 10 of January of 2020 at 17:05 Posted on Planning 0 3

My future husband and I are planning to get married in april. We are having a small intimate wedding with just close relatives, a best man and MoH. If everyone invited comes this will be around 12 guests.

We are on a tight budget for the wedding and had planned to have an after ceremony wedding breakfast with just those who attended the ceremony.

We are now wondering whether it is rude or acceptable to invite others to celebrate with us after the wedding breakfast, in the evening. We are not expecting them to bring gifts, just party with us.

I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on this as they will not have attended the ceremony or wedding breakfast...

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by pearlycat210, 22 of January of 2020 at 11:10
  • S
    Beginner December 2024
    SunnyGreenCakes87857 ·
    • Hide content

That is completely acceptable. I’ve had invites to evening receptions only in the past.

If you feel uncomfortable doing that, then you could always tell people you are having a VERY small wedding due to budget constraints but want a bigger evening party. Most people would understand. X

• SunnyPurpleCakes85894
    Beginner April 2022
    SunnyPurpleCakes85894 ·
    • Hide content

I don't see this as a problem at all. We are having 40 for the wedding reception and inviting around 20 to 30 more for the evening reception.

We've also been to many weddings where we have only been invited in the evening.

• H
    HappyYellowBridesmaid774 ·
    • Hide content

Phrase it on the invitations saying

Please join us for the celebration of the marriage (or something similar)

On the bottom of the invitation put:

"Private ceremony to be held earlier in the day"

• P
    Curious April 2020
    pearlycat210 ·
    • Hide content

Having separate guestlists for day and evening is standard protocol, I wouldn't worry Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics