Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious October 2020

Facial flushing - help

SunnyRedDecor92142, 6 of March of 2020 at 22:52 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all!

Looking for some advice please.

My face, and sometimes neck/collarbone, flush red when I'm excited, nervous or if I have a drink. It's pretty annoying but normally it doesn't bother me too much. I didn't want a strapless dress because I was worried about my skin flushing red but I ended up falling in love with one and went for it anyway. But now I'm conscious of it happening on our wedding day!

Does anyone have the same problem and can recommend any make up or other products that could help cover it up? I'll make sure to let my make up artist know about it too but just wanted to get some ideas.

I found some posts on here but they were from a while ago so not sure the products mentioned are still available.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDecor92142, 3 of April of 2020 at 21:46
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with the makeup as I never wear any, but staying hydrated & cool, taking deep breathes, relaxation exercises and CBT can all help with reducing the tendency to blush. Also, I've found I blush less now that I accept it happens and it doesn't matter - stopping being concerned about it has reduced the tension that made it more likely to happen.

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!

Will look into some relaxation exercises.

• H
    HampshireBrideAug19 ·
    • Hide content

I get this too! Somebody recommended antihistamine, and I took some for events in the build up where I would usually go red and it did seem to help. However, completely forgot to on the wedding day with so much going on. And honestly, I went the slightest bit red at a particularly embarrassing point in my father's speech, but other than that there was not a trace of my flushed face and neck, not even walking down the aisle (and I was very nervous!). And I do usually suffer quite badly.

So I would suggest perhaps trying antihistamine, but also try not to worry too much as I think you'll be surprised about what adrenaline does to your body on your wedding day (I also didn't need pee from when I put my dress on at midday until I took it off at 1am despite LOTS of fluid - probably TMI but also goes to show that your body reacts in crazy ways on your wedding day!).

All the best x

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! That's true, I probably am overthinking it a bit and on the day it could be completely fine. Now I think about it my sister gets facial flushing and I didn't see any redness on her wedding day. Fingers crossed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics