Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yorkshirekiwi
Beginner August 2014

Good week/Bad week

yorkshirekiwi, 29 of January of 2015 at 20:23 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

We haven't had one of these for a while, but I'm feeling giddy and wanted to share..........hope everyone else is OK it's been ages since we've checked in.

Good: Started my new job and I already know I'm going to love it. Great office atmosphere, lovely people to work with, inherited some fab projects plus potential to develop my own ideas in the future.

Good: I also enjoy the commute, have re discovered my love of car-karaoke, and found out my car is very economical on fuel

Good: H has been offered a job doing deliveries for a deli. I'm pleased cos it will mean he has regular contact with customers, something he loves, but keep him off his feet unlike shop work which really aggravates his foot injury.

Super Double Plus Extra Good: We got our full permanent residency of New Zealand granted this week. Woohoo! We now have all the rights of a citizen, just without the passport. So cool! This is what we've been aiming for for the last 4 years.

Stressful Good: We have finally bitten the bullet and realised that our neighbours are not going to magically become decent, reasonable people and if we want a quiet life we'll have to move. BUT now we have full permanent residency we can apply for a mortgage. Off to the bank and to view some properties this afternoon. Stressful, but exciting!

Hugs to all who need them, whether they are sad or happy hugs. Hoping all is well out in Otter land.

21 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 6 of February of 2015 at 18:54
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, yay!! Good news YK.

Bad: crazy stressed at work again

Good: was contacted by an agency about a job yesterday

Good: I'm trying to get back on the healthy eating wagon, only had one cheat all week.

Bad: got to drive up north tomorrow and the weather warnings are bad, but good its so that H can get together with his best mate to try suits and plan a stag do.

Hugs to all who have had a bad week

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Loving all your good news YK!!! So does this mean a marriage is on the cards???????

AFM:

Good: I made the front page of the local paper!! We're protesting that our children's school is being made an academy and the only academy that's been offered is a terrible fit.

Good: I lost 2lb this week taking me to a grand total of over a stone - on my way!

Good: My daughter won two trophies at her recent majorette competition

Good: My small boy has gone up another class in swimming and is doing really well

No bads this week - it's been nice!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you've had a brilliant week YK!

I'll do mine today as I'll be busy tomorrow.

Good - doing something VERY exciting Saturday but can't reveal more yet

Good - had my haircut a bit shorter tonight and I love it. Think a cross between frankie bridge and kaley cuoco

Bad - work is terrible and can't see it improving anytime soon.

Bad - my friend is having a really rubbish time at the moment but we treated her to a little gift and she loved it.

Hope you all have lovely weekends otters!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Great news for you yk.

Good - met up with friends as I have been off this week, life is normally so busy.

Good - I made my friend a "bridesmaid" photobook and chose photos that she was in and she is delighted with it.

Good - it's Friday tomorrow

No bad this week.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Yay for you YK & everyone else with good things happening. Big hugs to those that have had not so good things happen.

Its been a bit of a meh week for me so nothing good or bad has really happened.xx

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Mine are still mostly wedding related, sorry!

Good: wedding photos are on their way

Good: H finally had his deed poll sorted

Bad: H's wedding ring is still not back from being resized

Bad: our flat has so many problems and the letting agent is worse than useless. The toilets don't flush properly, H's bathroom emits a disgusting sewage smell, the boiler isn't working properly, and the mice aren't touching the traps the pest control dude put down (sly little beggars). Once I start thinking about all the stuff that's wrong, I get really fed up about it. The thing is I love my flat aesthetically and location-wise, but argh, stupid letting agents.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Good - weightloss has finally got moving again.

Bad - have had a series of migraines this week - really hoping they are not going to become a regular thing.

Bad -migraines mean I didn't get OH's tax return finished on time.

Good -the chef at the local pub is making me fabulous diet friendly veggie meals every time we visit. So fab to be able to eat out without ruining the diet.

Bad - my favourite black knee length boots with a heel have finally died. I have to get rid. Finding it impossible to find replacements.

All pretty minor stuff in the scheme of things. Hugs to all those who are having real problems.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh fab new YK!

I've had a bit of a dull week really, nothing to report, good or bad!

Hugs to everyone!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Nice to see so many goods here! Bit of a mixbag for me:

Good: we're moving to a bigger home in a lovely village closer to my new job.

Bad: STILL waiting on a start date for said job, completely skint and relying on OH now, hate feeling like a freeloader! MOT due in March too, ugh!

Good/Bad: My mum appears to have had a hiccup in her recovery but seems to be back on the wagon. In complete denial to us all about what happenend though Smiley sad

Good: I've cleaned all the minging grouting in the bathroom and its sparkly again! Determined to get that deposit back, ha!

Bad: how expensive is furniture!! We've always lived in furnished places so been oblivious until now,.. Ouch!

Good: it's friday which means chips for dinner!

ID - your lettings agent sounds just as awful as ours, takes forever to get a response. The building we're in has terrible problems with plumbing and our next door neighbour is forever getting flooded! We had a pipe fixed last summer and the plumber told us it just pushes the problem along to another flat! Glad to be leaving.

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Good: I was offered a new role at work today which I am thrilled about

Good: Wedding planning is coming along well, found a new hairdresser and am having a meeting with her on Weds (and haircut & colours)

Bad: House looks like a total sh!tpit because I have been so focussed on work stuff

It's all pretty good here at the mo, glad to hear that most have had a good week, hope those who've had bad weeks have a better weekend.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Lots of goods for people, grand! YK car karaoke is great! Shame the lighter mornings and evenings are coming here so people will be able to see me badly belting out songs!

Good: wedding planning-y - finally decided what to do as a hen do after initially saying I didn't want one and I'm actually looking forward to it as are the few I've invited which is nice Smiley smile and our invites have started to arrive and already and lots of oh yes we'll be there's (hope they just send the RSVPs back!)

Good: BT related.....we have our first appointment at the fertility clinic in about a month, exciting for us!!

bad: OH has a cold and now sickness and diarrhoea, definitely not good :-/

Good: hair cut tomorrow at last! My fringe is nuts!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Good - had a good week at work doing lots of interesting cases. Got good feedback on my assessments.

Good - plans are coming together for my friend's hen party in a couple of weeks. Haven't murdered any of the other bridesmaids yet.

Bad - have to work this weekend on the ICU that I don't like.

Good/Bad - H is away skiing all of next week. Bad cos I'll miss him, but good because I'll have the bed to myself!

Bad - am behind with my revision for my exam in less than 6 weeks now!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Good: We have booked a night away for Valentine's, can't wait!

Bad: Work has been sh#t this week.

Good: My calligraphy is slowly improving and I've come up with some ideas for prints.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Good: We have decided on a colour scheme, paint & wallpaper for the living room.

Good: We are going away to Wales for a long weekend on evening of 12 February and not back until 16 February. Three days off work!

Bad: Super busy at work so more fun & games on Monday.

Bad: Going to have to find someone tollook after the cat while we're away. No ideas!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Where are you moving to Ddpunk?

GOOD:

I didn't have to work all weekend, just the Saturday

We have some fun stuff planned for my birthday next weekend

I finally convinced him in doors to get some bedroom furniture and its been ordered!

I have had some good sessions at the gym

Mr Erin and l are getting on better

BAD:

Work is full on at the moment especially with staff shortages and a particularly unpleasant patient. They also didn't pay me enough, it can only be sorted out for next months pay apparently

Feeling overwhelmed by how much work the house still needs doing on it

A friend from university is basically ignoring me. Maybe she's a friend to give up on, previously it was always me who rang her, visited her, texted her etc....

Vibes and hugs for all who need them

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're moving to Lymm, out cheshire way. We were mooching around there at the weekend and i'm sooo excited! It's so pretty and there's such lovely places to go walking.

Drove past a little wedding dress boutique there on Saturday afternoon and MY dress was in the window! It's such an old dress, it has to be a sign, ha!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I missed all this last week.

YK - I'm so pleased for you, so nice to see lots of 'Goods' from you Smiley smile

Dd - Urgh I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Hope she gets back on the right track mentally. Lymm is lush though. We go Sunday Lunching around there quite a bit! I also did a bit of dress shopping in Lymm!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Cheers SW, sadly mother has chosen the grog this weekend Smiley sad tough weekend emotionally but we're all plodding on and mr ddpunk is being a star. I might buy myself one of those t-shirts to let him know Smiley winking

Moving away from the city feels like a big grown up step, but Lymm does look lovely and we're ready to be old gits now so i'm sure we'll settle in quickly! We ordered sofas at the weekend, eeee!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your Mum Ddpunk. My Dad was an alcoholic so l have a good idea how hard it can be.

Good luck with the move. I know Lymm! Where are you living now? I am feeling nostalgic for Manchester

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

It's pretty shitty eh Erin. I notice the past tense, did your dad beat his addiction? I'm home with her at the moment having braved the M6 roadworks today. She just isn't the same. It's like her personality has completely disappeared Smiley sad very sad.

Ah, how long have you been out of Manchester? We're on the edge of the city/Castlefield at the mo, so we can walk into Deansgate along the canal in 10-15 mins. Will definitely miss that!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

No, not really. He died a couple of years ago, ironically his drinking was a bit more under control at that point.

Great location! It will be easy enough to get the train into central Manchester from the new place. I haven't lived in Manchester for around 15 years

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics