Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saisi
Beginner June 2011

Forgot to ask for vibes...

Saisi, 12 of June of 2012 at 17:25 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

...Which was clearly an error.

I had a telephone interview today which I was dreading as I don't really like talking on the phone! It was for a graduate scheme I was hoping to get and then ask if I could defer for 2 years (I applied before I got pregnant). Because I was dreading it I sort of put off thinking about it until, well, this morning really.

I had to give a short presentation... thought I made some good points but also gabbled a bit, 2 minutes was nowhere near enough time. And then I obviously didn't go into enough detail with any of the other questions she asked me, because she said at the end "you're very succinct aren't you" and she made it sound like a good thing, but it obviously wasn't. Got the rejection email this afternoon ☹️

On the plus side, if I'd passed the interview then I'd have had to go for a selection day group interview thing in Nottingham next week... when I'm on holiday in Brighton... and it would have been a nightmare journey and expensive and I'd have been well annoyed to do that and THEN get rejected!

It's not nice to be turned down... but at least I already have a permanent job so I'm not losing anything really. Still. In need of commiserations please!

8 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 13 of June of 2012 at 09:13
  • *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you didn't get accepted. At least now you can enjoy your holiday without interruptions! Can you apply next year and try and defer for a year? Or apply in the year you'd want to start?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can apply next year, but I'll (hopefully) have given birth recently, so may not be in the best frame of mind. The year after I can't apply, as you need to apply within 2 years of graduating ☹️

To be honest it's a pilot scheme... so maybe best if I wasn't one of the guinea pigs, and there are other, more traditional ways to progress in this career too ?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Tut, we could have helped you out there!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

*sad face*

Sounds like it wasn't meant to be...

We shall save your vibes for another day

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

I think as a worker is better than being a student. hehe.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

It wasn't meant to be.

When you have your baby your whole world will shift on its axis (regardless of what you say now!) and it might well not be what you want to do anyway. Put this one down to fate knowing best!

Save the vibes!!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Haha, love the idea of saving the vibes! ?

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you didn't get it! But as my Granny always say's! What's for you won't go past you! There's obviously a reason why you didn't get this. Usually because something better is just around the corner!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry you didn't get through Saisi but it does sound like it wasn't meant to be.

Love this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics