Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Got first wedding present

2 of September of 2012 at 22:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Finding that strange. My gift list is on Notonthehighstreet, and the supplier then sends it to you directly. I sent out my invites last week and then got this parcel. It is this feeling of having the present already open and we have it hung up (it is a cabinet for keys done in a shabby chic style), we had to put it up as we live in a one bed apartment with no storage room that is not being overfilled by wedding stuff. Anyone else get really early gifts and is it bad luck to use them or open them?

5 replies

Latest activity by rachel2012, 5 of September of 2012 at 16:47
  • Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Wow - that is early for a present. i just presumed all gift lists the gifts get delivered around or after wedding day

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We have received a few cheques from people as gifts already although we asked for dollors and figure it's just people being lazy ;-)

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We only had one boxed gift before the wedding which we kept and opened when we got back. We had a load of cheques beforehand, presumably so that we could spend the money on our honeymoon. I did wonder whether to save them until we got back, but then I thought the guests gave them to us early deliberately.

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We r cashing our cheques and putting them in a different account, hoping we don't get any cheques on the day as we fly out first thing Monday morning so won't be able to cash them till we get back!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics