Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2018

Bridesmaids

ExpensiveOrangeHair767, 17 of February of 2018 at 18:38 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi All,

Im due to get married this summer in Spain but there's been a few things lately which have made me feel so extremely down and I'm questioning why we're even having a wedding at all. Things with my fiancé are great but some other aspects have me literally looking at how we could cancel the wedding and just get married in a registry office alone.

A few weeks ago my first bridesmaid phoned me out of the blue to tell me that she "doesn't see the value in our friendship anymore" and wouldn't be attending the wedding. She said she's been going through a few things and its better this way. We've been friends since we were in primary school and so this has obviously really hurt me. I told her that I never imagined getting married without her there and she said she feels the same and she was sorry but it wouldn't change how she feels about our friendship.

Then there's my second bridesmaid who I know suffers from social anxiety. Again we've been best friends since we were 8. She was due to go to a wedding last year and tried to avoid it by getting pregnant so she wouldn't have to go. Turns out she did get pregnant but her timing was off so she had to go in the end (and she really enjoyed it). I asked her so many times not to get pregnant again for my wedding and it turns out she is pregnant and is due around the time we're getting married so obviously she can' travel. I asked her way before she got pregnant to fill out the rsvp and book flights which she never did. So now I'm left guessing that she planned to get pregnant on purpose. Things with my family are very strained (I'm not sure if my mum or brother can make it) and she knew how important it was to me that she was there and yet she responded very blaze that I wouldn't even notice that she wasn't there.

I was just so excited to be getting married and have them share that excitement, there was no bridezillaness at all - they were even allowed to choose whichever bridesmaid dress they wanted.

This probably seems so petty and trivial but I feel so upset, hurt and let down by both of them. I thought it was the one time that you could rely on your friends support and I feel really lost and alone now.

Sorry for being so moany!!!

2 replies

Latest activity by lovelypinkumbrella4291, 6 of March of 2018 at 08:00
  • V
    Beginner May 2018
    vicky_langford91 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sweetie.? Feel sorry that your two bridesmaids could not be present on your big day. They both have their reasons. Anyway, wedding day is one of the most important days throughout one's whole life. So, just smile and everything will definitely be ok. Just enjoy the happy moments!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Could it be because you're having it in Spain? Maybe they can't afford to go to Spain.

• L
    Beginner February 2019
    lovelypinkumbrella4291 ·
    • Hide content

I know they are very important to you. But, this may make you unhappy, anything or anyone is just one part of the wedding. Your fiancé and yourself are the most important part in the wedding. There is lots of other people you need to care about. And you may have other best friends in the rest of your life. Be happy and go on planning your wedding, believe me, everything will be OK.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics