Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

How Many Certificates?

Red Baroness, 15 of March of 2012 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 19

I'm thinking about getting four. How many are you all ordering?

19 replies

Latest activity by katzan, 16 of March of 2012 at 07:39
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to get 3 - one for us to keep and the other two for sending off to wherever needs them (OH's work (for insurance etc), bank, doctors, dentists etc etc)

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I didnt know you could request more than one, might sound like a silly question but how do you go about getting extras?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Apparently they ask when you pay the final balance, or ours does anyway. They're hand written on the day if you ask for extras, rather than computer generated after the event.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Is this the same for a church wedding then?

I'd never even given it a thought!!!!! PANIC

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

3 maybe 4 depending on how much they are charging for them (I haven't been told yet). If you only have 1 spare for sending away then it's going to take forever to get everything changed!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I was just going to get 2 - there was a thread a while back and I think someone said if you get more than that then it can get quite boring waiting for them all the be written out!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to have to send some off via post so I'd rather not chance it. I'm forever having death certificates go missing in the post, so always ask clients to get a few copies. Just applying the same logic to this.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm. Was only going to get two but I think maybe three? If only because I tend to lose things...

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I ordered 4 extra and it was way too many! They don't take elong to write on on the day at all but I have NEVER been asked to send an original off. I took it to the bank and everyone else accepted a scan or pohotocopy. I would suggest one extra is more than enough.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We were told that 2 was the maximum on the day and that any more would have to be bought later (at an extra cost!) So far 2 has been fine for everything. The real pain in the bum is trying to photocopy them as they are *just* bigger than A4!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I just got off the phone with the registrar, to pay the balance, and ordered 4.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We got 4 as well. We gave one to each set of parents, and kept 2 in our own filing cabinet.

Are you changing your name RB? I did, so I had one cert to carry round with me in my bag and one to stay pristine in the cabinet. I didn't bother changing my passport, and only just got round to doing the driving licence, so passport + cert was my only ID in my new name for a while.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I am. If I wasn't I probably wouldn't have ordered as many.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

We only had the one, but we had a church wedding, I wonder if that makes the difference, I dont remember being asked if we wanted more. I don't think it was an option.

I do remember that we only had to send it off a couple of times (passport, driving licence), we took it into the bank I think.

Maybe it's different if you have a register office wedding?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not, I'm having a civil ceremony. But yes, I expect that's why we've been given the option.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having a church wedding and have just received all the paperwork from the registrar's for giving notice etc and on the forms is a question about extra copies of the certificate. I don't think it matters what kind of wedding you have - the wedding certificate is the wedding certificate. Ours were being charged at £10 per extra copy so I think we're just going to get the 2 in total.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We didnt get asked, just got the one! It was a catholic church service.

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content

We had a church wedding and got 2 - we just asked the vicar for this at one of the wedding prep classes

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    katzan ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on 4.

But only because I'll need to send them off for immigration paperwork and there's no guarantee it would come back and could be absolutely ages besides.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics