Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2014

Online Slideshow of Wedding Photos/Selling them

soontobemrsmoseley, 23 of October of 2014 at 16:42 Posted on Just Married 0 2

This is a bit complicated, so I'll start slowly -

Our photographer has given us our photos on a USB drive, as well as given us the copyright - which is really useful!

We have been toying with the idea of trying to publish them online with a password, so that friends and family all over the world can view and buy ones they want.

My idea was to set up a site with payment to our bank account and then ordering them through an online photo shop - but I can't find anywhere to do this with out having to pay a percentage fee - because all websites are for pro photographers - all I want is to break even on the photos.

Can anyone suggest any websites where this can be done for free?!

Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by Wayne La, 13 of November of 2014 at 18:05
  • foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure if you create a new account with snapfish and dish out the login details this would work? Not sure though, or there might be a way in which you could create a "open" album and people could buy from that album if they have a snapfish account or signup (they are free)

Beginner April 2014
    **Claire** ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit confused, are you asking your guests to pay for downloading the photos to make back the money you paid for the copyright?

• Wayne La
    Wayne La ·
    • Hide content

That's an unusual request!

Unfortunately, like you said, all the gallery sites are aimed at the pros and either take a commission on the sale, or a set monthly fee.

Have you tried a workaround such as posting a low res / watermarked version on Youtube or Facebook, then if they want the full version, they can PayPal. A more more time consuming but more tactful way of doing it would be to create a free site using Wix. They have an ecommerce add-on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics