?

I am all hot and bothered now

64 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 29 of July of 2014 at 09:42
  • DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha I did too and literally came straight here to see if there was a discussion about it!

I hate myself for being concerned about it but I don't think I'll actually go to the cinema to see it. I'm not sure 'Christian' does it for me either. His eyes remind me of the child in Love Actually - kind of big and creepy and I think it's putting me off.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He's not my choice of Christian I must admit... But, his arms...

MF is my Christian Gray.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I can't watch videos here, alas. I've read parts of the book online but never the whole thing - I was curious, but resented giving it even the £2 required for a Kindle copy. The bits I have read made me angry, so I suspect if I had bought the whole thing it would be even worse, never mind the film. The terrible representations of BDSM relationships...just urgh.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

The book is sh1t.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The terrible representation of women. The terrible representation of creative writing. The terrible representation of British Writers. The terrible representation of .... well, loads of other stuff.

I still managed to get through three of the books though. Or were there only three? In which case I only read two.

I will be watching the film. I don't even care or nuffin.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Terrible writing but I have to admit I did enjoy reading them. Will probably watch the film when it comes to Sky Box Office. Not my first choice of Christian.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

There are 3 SW. I read them all but they went rapidly down hill and by the third I think she was just cashing in on the bandwagon. If I'm honest I don't remember most of the second let alone the 3rd.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I read the first which was rubbish but at least enjoyable rubbish, I can't remember the second and I never bothered reading the third. I'm a little intrigued by the film though.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I think the most annoying thing about the books was the terrible writing, all the "oh em gee's" (or whatever that annoying thing was she kept saying.) I just watched the trailer and it looks like it's been done quite well?

I also don't remember anything of the second book, hence not being able to remember how many there were after the first!

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

I haven't read the books so I shouldn't really comment but for my two pennies:

1) It makes me laugh that it's released on valentines day

2) isn't it a bit weird to go and watch that at the cinema with a room full of people you don't know?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I was tearing my hair out reading the book, it was utter dog sh1t and I thought there must be something wrong with me because every woman and her dog seemed to absolutelylove it. I read up until the first sex bit and then left it there. I might give the film a go as I'm hoping that after spending millions on it, they might have drafted in some better writers that the eejit who wrote the book. I'll watch the trailer at home though, not here at work Smiley winking

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Oooh-err just watched it!

I've never read the books - is there an actual love story involved, or is it all just sex? By that, I mean, do they actually fall in love?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

He's damaged and can't love, he expresses his emotions through BDSM/controlling ... that is, until he meets Miss ... Anastasia ... Steele ... and then he melts in to a stupid gloopy puddle and she sits around saying "Oh em gee" while he tries and fails to regain control of himself.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I read a page just to satisfy myself that it was the drivel I expected it to be and left it there.

I might watch the film once it shows on Sky Movies but I wouldn't pay anything to watch it. I expect it to be utter dog shite.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad everyone else hated the books, I was worried there that you might have all loved them! Smiley smile

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha couldn't have said it better myself!

She says Oh My continuously rather than oh em gee!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SillyWrong, you are my heroine: I haven't read any of them (and have no intention of doing so) but now I have the whole plot neatly summarised. Ta! ?

Worryingly, both my mother and father have read the 1st one though.... ?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? this is the most accurate description of the most hyped up pile of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read!!!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I read about two pages of this drivel. The main character kept talking about her inner goddess doing the rumba (or was it salsa?), which reminded me of the venus shaver adverts. Just weird!!!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I've never read them but I heard it started off as Twilight fan fiction, which says a lot.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I only read the first book and couldn't believe how dung it was. Saw the trailer and Christian is very disappointing.

I couldn't go to the pics to see a film like this with strangers haha!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I loved them! I have no shame though, I only read crappy books.

Just watched the trailer and have come over a bit unnessecary.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I actually disagree with you all who liked it...I thought it looked rubbish and Christian isn't hot enough for my liking. Disapointed Smiley sad

And as for the books it was the 'inner goddess' which did my head in.

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Her inner goddess needs a slap with something, I read them and at the end, wondered why I had read them. He's not my choice of Christian at all.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I read them because of the hype, as did most I assume very predictable once all the sex was taken out nothing left. I know probably the point of it but didn't rate them.

And I read all three!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Books are a load of parp.

Not a true representation of a BDSM relationship imo.

Film looks pants too. Very disappointed with their choice of Mr. Grey.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I read the books and quite liked them. Ok, maybe you start to read it for the 'cheap thrills', but soon you get sucked more into the love story. Yes it's a bit cheesy and whatever, but it had enough plot to keep momentum. Just.

film trailer looks good. He's not how I pictured Christian as such, but so long as they build the tension etc right, it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, my all time fave film is Cruel Intentions, so that just sums up my expectation levels I guess!

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I quite liked them too, if you could get past the bad writing and the endless repetition in the so called "sexy" bits the cheesy story line had me sold lol!!

i did only manage to get through them by skipping those sexy bit during book 2 and book 3 though - there is only so many "oh umm gee's" even my cheesy mind can take!!!

Trailer looks better than I expected though but Definately not my Christian grey!! Was really hoping it would be Ian Somerhalder lol

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. I haven't read the books but l didn't imagine him. The films looks vaguely entertaining, one to watch on DVD or Sky l think

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Ian Somerhalder would've been perfect for the role

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Me and the bestie are off to see it, we're treating each other for Valentines lol.

Neither of us are impressed with Christian Grey in the movie (from his looks). To us, Henry Cavill or Matt Bomer is Christian Grey.But he may convince us. If not, it's a girlie day out.

I will admit to having enjoyed the books ?. Ok, they're poorly written and there's only so much lip biting and panties one can handle but for some reason I was hooked. But I will read a cereal box if there is nothing else to read.

Sylvia Days Crossfire series is a lot better, although still not out of this world. Characters are somewhat more believable (not totally but the heroine does at least have a back bone, a life and some original thoughts in her head).

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair, I don't think he was even near to being their first choice - it doesn't sound like men were clamouring for the role of a screwed-up, manipulative abuser.

He is nowhere near hot enough to be Christian.

I read all the books and got progressively angrier throughout them, especially the last. I kind of want to see the film just to see how awful it is, but I don't want to give EL James any more of my money.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics