Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BowlingBride
Beginner September 2012

Flower ideas for a September wedding - help please

BowlingBride, 20 of August of 2011 at 10:13 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm meeting a florist next weekend to talk about flowers for my wedding September 2012. I know nothing about flowers so want to do a bit of research before i meet her. Has anyone got an idea of the type of flowers available in September that would go with a purple and teal colour scheme.

Thanks x

7 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 22 of August of 2011 at 07:55
  • tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married next september too so did a google search on flowers in season but I wasn't keen on many of them, luckily tho a lot of flowers are available all year round - I would have like seasonal ones but will go for hot house flowers as I want certain roses.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Lots of flowers are now available all year round, but may be more expensive if they are out of their normal season. Flowers for Autumn include Chrysanthemum, Hydrangea, Daisy, Orchid, Rose, Carnation & Freesia. For Teal Bridesmaids I would keep the bouquet to tones of white or Ivory. A simple hand tied posy of Freesias & Roses using bear grass for added colour.

This will also help:

/flowers/flowers-by-month/september

some ideas for you:

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi BowlingBride,

This feature on the hitched.co.uk homepage might help you with ideas - /wedding-planning/flowers/blooms-for-the-seasons

August is our floral month :o)

Fran x

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies, i'd not thought of ivory flowers but its probably a good shout some of the bridesmaids will be in purple and some teal so that would tie them together nicely Smiley smile

Cheers

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oh i love the first pic, my colours are purples and silver, and we get married in sept, was thinking of silk flowers.

sarah

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Just something to think about, we're a September 2011 wedding. Our theme is kinda forest/outdoors/autumn, and something that happens that time of the year is obviously Harvest.

We've made centrepieces from dried cereals - corn, wheat, barley etc - and lavender. They'll go in tall glass vases in the middle of the table like this mockup.

We looked at mixing them all together but it didn't really work, so we tried one cereal plus the lavender. This is all the centrepieces together in a box waiting transport to the venue in a month's time.

We bought it all from The Hop Shop - https://www.castlefarmkent.co.uk/ in Kent (we visited but they do mail order) and materials came to about £60 (plus of course postage if you're buying mail order), for 10 guest tables and 2 for the top table. One good thing about them being dried of course is that we've made them ourselves a month or two in advance of our day, so it's one less supplier to worry about letting you down on the day (although of course you hope that never happens, and it's thankfully rare)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have just done a bouquet of artificial aubergine Calla Lillies for another Bride:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics