Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

molly14
Beginner December 2009

Wedding Invitation help!

molly14, 25 of May of 2008 at 15:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

Afternoon Everyone,

I wa just wondering if anyone could offer any help with wedding invitations. I'm really struggling to find any that I particularly like (well, I did find one I loved but way out of my price range). We are getting married Dec 09 and having a winter/christmas theme to the wedding. The colours are rich red and gold with some green thrown in. I really want the invitation to reflect this, but all the winter themed cards seem to be more white, silver snowflakes. Anyone seen anything wintery without being too white?

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by icklemiss, 26 of May of 2008 at 15:31
  • M
    Beginner June 2009
    mccaules ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Hav you thought about making your invites? There are so many different online craft places, and you can then design your own and have then just how you want them! Making them yourself makes them unique, and it will really cut the costs. I'm making ours, and have got some bargains already! Just collecting bits along the way - and I'm not very arty, so hope they turn out ok!!!! HTH S xx

• molly14
    Beginner December 2009
    molly14 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, thanks for the response. I have tried making my own and they looked okay but not great. I'd quite like printed cards rather than the handmade look. I was thinking perhaps a wintery scene with a bride and groom would look nice, but my drawing skills are poor. Are there any places where you can get invitations designed?

• loobyg
    Beginner November 2008
    loobyg ·
    • Hide content

Tesco and vistaprint both do customised cards, you design it yourself then they print them, it would just be a case of finding the images you want!

• Handcrafted HIB
    Handcrafted HIB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Molly14,

We have made a number of "wintery" wedding invitations - I will arrange to post some pictures later.

I have seen some nice designs from some of the other card HIB's e.g. prettywild, craftyem, etc and it may be worth looking at those as well to see what suits your style and budget.

The rich red, gold and green colours will look really good.

• Handcrafted HIB
    Handcrafted HIB ·
    • Hide content

OK,

Picture shows pocket style invitation with soft touch board and Swarovski (always have to check if I've spelt this correctly !) crystal diamante details. The board could be changed to a "gold" colour to coordinate with your theme with red/green ribbon, etc.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=1690615880

I am sure the other card HIB's will have some other wintery ideas.

• molly14
    Beginner December 2009
    molly14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Handcrafted HIB but I can't click your link. I've tried copy and pasting it but its still not working.

• Handcrafted HIB
    Handcrafted HIB ·
    • Hide content

I'll see if I can upload image to forum posting at some point - still getting use to new Hitched ! I think the link should work now as I had not changed photo setting to public (silly me) - it's Sunday evening, half asleep and I really should be getting the tea on !

• siss2be
    Beginner December 2008
    siss2be ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about getting invites done at photo shop? Klick stores do great invite service where you use your own photo. Worth a look and reasonable price

• sarahjane82
    Beginner September 2011
    sarahjane82 ·
    • Hide content

You should try Suzanne she has some lovely printed style designs Im sure she would be able to help you! Her website is

http://www.prettywild.co.uk/

sarah x

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Hi, would be happy to do some samples in your colour theme if you like, heres my flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/24836074@N02/sets/ although i don't have much in that colour scheme anything can be adapted, or i can design something totally new for you This could be done with green card instead of brown and a red ribbon for example

or using a red card with gold and red gold detailing, and a green ribbon.

if i can help, please email me on **********@**********.***

Thanks handcrafted for the mention.

Em x

• icklemiss
    Savvy
    icklemiss ·
    • Hide content

Hi molly

I can totally recommend felisdesigns.co.uk. We used Catherine for our invites and they were exactly what we wanted. She had already done a bespoke design for another bride to be which was exactly what we wanted (it matched our dresses). She was brilliant!

HTH

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics