Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wedding Insurance - reviews?

19 of March of 2012 at 09:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All

Before i start paying deposits - i want to get my insurance sorted

I am having a low budget wedding - there isnt any wedding cars, photographer is a friend, no church (having ceremony, breakfast and evening reception all at one venue) etc - so i am a little unsure about insurance policies as alot cover items that I wouldnt need. the total budget is around £8k. the wedding isnt until 5 july 2013

having looked through other posts - people mention insurers who have had bad reviews - but yet i cant seem to find a good review site for wedding insurance? can someone please tell me where the reviews are?

i was thinking of using my-weddinginsurance.co.uk (via E&L) as they have a custom feature which allows you to remove items you dont need in the insurance - but people have mentioned on Hitched.com that E&L are bad?

any guidance would be appreciated!

4 replies

Latest activity by sian-tiffany, 19 of March of 2012 at 22:48
  • R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Ecclesiastical do a custom option for wedding insurance, so you can tweak it to cover what you're actually having. Mine worked out around £33 for our costs. Not found many reviews at all, but they seem to have a decent reputation in general. E&L have an interesting reputation in the pet/horse world - there's a decent number of vets who treat owners insured through them as uninsured and expect the owner to pay upfront and claim back from E&L, which says enough to me about them.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

We took out insurance through Dreamsaver wedding insurance last year and it was £24 and covers us up to £6000. This company was recommended on Martin Lewis's money saving website and so I searched the net and found hardly any bad reviews on the company at all. I took to be a good thing as most people will only review when they have had a bad experience! Its so confusing to know which to buy but hopefully we wont ever have to use it!

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

We took out debenhams this eyar and it was still £24. with no excess fees and we were recommended to take this by a friend who works in insurance and he said this was the best.

• M
    Beginner January 2016
    mroberts ·
    • Hide content

Easy Wedding Insurance have the largest comparison of wedding insurance. It's new but growing.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We used these too to cover up to £12k - think it was gold cover and cost us £33. We also sourced it from the Martin Lewis website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics