Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

It's been a year and I'm still upset!!!

RomanticRedDecor874, 16 of October of 2017 at 05:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Hey everyone (or anyone),

I just had to share this because it's been heavy on my heart for over a year. I got married last year in September and after seeing my wedding pictures I was left perplexed. At first, I wasn't sure if I was disappointed or if I was being too picky. But as the months went by, I realized (after looking at relatives' wedding albums) that I was not being picky but that my wedding photos were simply mediocre. I have no pictures of me putting my wedding gown on, no photos with my best friend of 24 years, my bridesmaids are barely on any photos, my mother-in-law and most of my in laws are missing, we have so many useless candid shots, but no winning photos of the groom and bride. I could go on for days!

In the end, most photos we have are weird moments with awkward facial expressions and low quality images. The photos have some sort of filter making my skin look ashy for a lack of better word. Overall, the photos are not horrible, but they are mediocre but the worst part of it all is that my husband is a wedding photographer. So you can imagine how horrible it feels looking at his clients' successful wedding photos! He is actually amazing so I know what good photos look like. It's been over a year and I'm still really disappointed and sad about the fact that my wedding day memories are clouded with less than satisfying photos. I hope I'll get over it one day.

If you're wondering how we ended up choosing this photographer, well my husband decided to ask a classmate to save a little as we had already exceeded our budget. He chose his pal thinking he would do a good job for a good price. Don't get me wrong, he was very kind and nice and all, but to be quite honest the only reason I never complained was because I felt as though I wasn't allowed to. I didn't want to be a post-wedding bridezilla! Photos are important so my advice to you is if you want to save, get cheaper wedding decor and a cheaper bouquet. It all goes in the garbage at the end of the day and no one cares about your matching tablecloths and centerpiece!

This really felt good...thanks for the forum!

4 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBrownCars70073, 10 of January of 2018 at 02:56
  • R
    RomanticGoldHair938 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you forgot to think about it. Because you already a bride and you have many things to do at a time so maybe thats the reason to forget about it. I read a book Academic Writing Services UK and there is mention that you always remember those who always be with you no matter if you are up and down.

• H
    Beginner July 2018
    HappyGoldStationery958 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Im so sorry you feel this way about your photos. Sometimes when i'm looking through mt old photo ect I like to ask the people in them about that moment and write next to it. It puts more meaning to the photo and I enjoy them more. Maybe you could do this?

Also maybe you could ask the photographer if they still have the original photos and see if your husband can do anything with them?

My dad and step mum didnt have many photos from their wedding but a while after they got all dressed up again and had some lovely outdoor photos of the 2 of them. Much less expensive for just a phoroshoot then a full wedding and now they have some lovely professional pictures of the two of them. Maybe you could do this.

Having photos is wonderful but no photo ever truly captures the moment how you remember it and you always have those memories to help you smile about your wedding day.

I really hope one day you don't feel so upset by this anymore xx

• nataliaswiaderphotography
    nataliaswiaderphotography ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I always advise couples to take a look at the photographer's portfolio and never book/ask anyone to do that without seeing the results of their work.

In this case my advise would be to book a photographer for a post-wedding session. They are becoming quite popular! You can wear your beautiful white gown, your husband a suit and you can find a picturesque location to pose at. I know it's not the same - but at least you will have some beautiful and professional photographs in your albums.

One of my friends did that two years after getting married as she was super disappointed with her wedding photographer as well.

Best wishes,

Natalia

• R
    RomanticPurpleBride228 ·
    • Hide content

+1 for Natalia's post. It's been a year and a bit since our wedding and our wedding photos are still underwhelming despite loving our togs portfolio, he had a bad day and was in a lot of pain on our wedding day. However, we did a post wedding session (for us it was in Thailand). We absolutely love the pictures, we spent a day just on us, without having to worry about other guests etc. I admit to feeling a bit weird about organising it, but within 15 minutes, our tog had totally put us at ease. Nothing will ever make up for the disappointment of our wedding days pics, but we actually made some new awesome memories and in a strange way, I'm actually glad about how things turned out!

• L
    LuxuriousBrownCars70073 ·
    • Hide content

I think maybe you can ask your family member to comment your pictures, that will be very meaningful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics