Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

emabee
Beginner August 2014

Italy wedding costs?

emabee, 20 of April of 2012 at 17:29 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 7

Hiya can anyone give me an idea of the total cost for a wedding in Italy? We can't afford to get married in England so have started to look abroad and we both love Italy, in particular Lake Garda but open to areas.

I've looked at the Thomson Weddings brochure and they have a cost of about £700 but this just includes a cake and the actual getting married. Can anyone who has had or booked their wedding tell me what the total cost was? We're looking at about 25 guests.

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Jendavy, 17 of September of 2012 at 12:54
  • D
    Beginner January 2011
    Dollywood1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Congratulations on your engagement! We were also looking at Italy too as I thought that it might be cheaper than getting married in the UK. I was looking at places in Sorrento with Thomsons who were also quoting similar prices of around £700 - however, they wouldn't tell me where wedding receptions would be held until I'd booked with them (its the wedding coordinator you get who gives you a list of their reception venues) and I found this really annoying as I really like to research places first!! Our issue though for not choosing to go abroad was the price - we have 2 teachers in the party (fiance's stepmum and my dad's fiancee - we could hardly uninvite them!) and so this narrowed it down to going during school holidays and the price I was quoted for just my fiance and me was more than we were prepared to pay.

From some of the restaurants I was researching in Sorrento, they were around 60Euro per person (not including drinks) and I'd presume that Lake Garda would be similar. Its a beautiful place though if you do decide to go there and the food in Italy is to die for!!

Best of luck!

Leanne

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fawny ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Congratulations, a wedding abroad is a fab way to go, at least you will have the sunshine too. If I were you i'd get in touch with a few local wedding planners in Italy & see what they can tell you. I found this one https://italianweddingplanners.com/ but i'm sure there are many more. You should be able to email them & ask for prices so you know what it's going to cost. We are getting married in Lindos & have used an independed wedding planner & she is amazing a lot better than booking it with the tour opertaor. We booked the wedding with the planner & the holiday with the tour op.

Best of luck?

• I
    italiano ·
    • Hide content

Get married and join us for an amazing photoshoot featuring the most magical and beautiful places in Rome, the Eternal City, has to offer! After years of living here, Rome revealed all of its secrets to us. So, in addition to shooting in the most iconic venues such as Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Capitoline Hill, piazza Venezia and Trevi Fountain, we're more than happy to show you much more of Rome's beauty. We use NIKON cameras with a variety of lenses. All photos are then neatly edited (lightly retouched, recolored and framed).

http://weddingrome.wix.com/arte

Beatrice Zarski - Rome

Wedding day in Rome.

Photography (Rome, Venice) - 600 euros

Apartament - 150 euros/day

restaurant - 100 euros/2 persons

make-up and fairdresser - 350 euros

Contakt to us: ********@*******.**

We are photographers in Rome

We are speaking in italian, english, polish, and russian language.

Beatrice and GregorioSmiley smile

VIDEO:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtBECoQlwM&feature=player_detailpage:550:0]

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Malcesine Castle, Lake Garda

Castle Hire: 480 Euro (includes 20% supplement for outside terrace) NB you would also need to add 100 euro for a translator, though I paid for a wedding planner who was my translator

marriage license: I can't remember exactly how much I paid for this think it was approx 100 euro....

Wedding planner: 1200 Euro (not really necessary though I felt more comfortable knowing I had a local there to help with language barrier)

Canapes and evening meal at La Pace restaurant: 75 euro per head including unlimited wine. (also includes flowers on table and wedding cake)

singer: 450 euros (including music license)

boat trip: 300 Euros

flowers: 300 euros (1 centre peice, 1 bride bouquet, 2 BM's, 2 FG and 5 groomsmen buttonholes and MOG/MOB corsage)

Any questions just ask....

• S
    shaadishoppe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing your information about italy wedding, every one must follow these tips and suggestions as it would help to save time and money. Good Content ...

bridal wedding sarees

• C
    Beginner January 2011
    CharlotteJP ·
    • Hide content

I am planning on getting married in Italy next year and have found the same problem with Thomson, which has really put me off booking anything yet.

Does anybody else have any advice on Sorrento weddings/wedding planners? I feel as id I don't know where to start and would be grateful for any tips or ideas :-)

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    danielle34570 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm getting married in Italy next year and after lots of research went with Maratea which is in Southern Italy.

Have a look at www.slow-dreams.com they're the planners we're using. We based our quote initially on 25 guests and it worked out around £4000 including their fees, secluded beach ceremony (this is 700 euros but there are places you can do it for free) boat to the secluded beach for everybody and an evening reception which is BBQ type food along with a few extras including a cake.

They're really helpful and very patient with any queries you have, I sent lots of emails before booking!

Hope this helps.

Danielle

• J
    Beginner
    Jendavy ·
    • Hide content

We got married with Thomson this year. You will receive a list of optional extras that you can choose from. We had a photographer at approx 450 for 40 pictures in an album and the cd of all our photos. Flowers for bridesmaid were about 30 and buttonholes were approx 7. We also had a mandolin and guitar player that was about 350 for the duration of the ceremony. The cars were a reasonable price but we didn't use them as we were staying so close. There were loads of their options that we only decided on a month before the wedding so that we could see if we had enough money.

There are 2 places that are usually used for the reception. We had our wedding breakfast at O Parrachianos, which was a 4 course meal for 65. They have a lovely menu hat guests can choose from on the day. We then needed to add wine. You can also use Foreigners, which has stunning views over the bay. We just had evening drinks here and an area wil be set aside. They also have food packages- food is good here too.

I hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics