Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsR2B18
Beginner April 2018

Has anyone used Smooch for they're wedding rings?

MrsR2B18, 24 of October of 2016 at 13:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Smooch for their wedding rings?

I want a wedding ring to fit my shaped engagement ring and I have seen Smooch at a few wedding fairs but have read mixed reviews so i'm not sure whether to consider using them or not!

If anyone has any experience of them good or bad it would be super to hear!

7 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGreenFlowers57678, 31 of May of 2018 at 15:53
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I didn't - saw them at a wedding fair & thought they had some lovely rings but the prices all seemed really high, so we went back to the jeweller who made my ER & put together a custom design for my wedding band.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I think i'll look at my local jewellers prices first and then go from there!

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

When we were getting married, we got them round and had a good look.

Smooch are basically a franchise. We found the quality to be fine and they were priced lower than your average high street. Ultimately though we decided to take a trip to Birmingham Jewellry quarter in Birmingham where there's so much choice and competition to keep prices low.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Look at your local jewelers first, get a few quotes and see who gives the best.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I think i'll go to my local jewellers first and then go from there

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We used smooch and were really happy with them. Rings were decently priced, I didn't feel the sales guy was pushy at all, gave us as much time as we needed. I think that part will depend on where you're based though, like someone else said they're a franchise so it depends who you get.

We also got free bracelets for all 4 bridesmaids and cufflinks for the best man which was (I believe) something you get just for booking the appointment, even if you don't order with them. They also did a scratchcard type thing where you're guaranteed to win something - we got a lovely wooden case for our rings so saved us having to find one.

I follow them on facebook and they're always posting about ways they've made a wedding band fit with an engagement one so it seems you'd be fine there.

Overall I definitely recommend but I think the mixed reviews may be to do with them being franchise and possibly the service isn't the same everywhere. I'd say it's worth giving it a go even if you don't order with them, they have so many rings it's a good way to get an idea of what you like if nothing else Smiley smile

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I think that will be the best thing to do

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveGreenFlowers57678 ·
    • Hide content

Would AVOID at all costs- had loads of issues with my wedding band and they completely my experience of buying my wedding band- the quality is also awful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics