Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2014

feeling so incredibly low :-(

Beefzoid, 31 of May of 2013 at 08:43 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

Where on earth do I begin...

We put wedding plans on hold to try for a baby that was backin jan and we still trying... so decided to continue with wedding planning as nothing hsppening on baby front. now I know ive put on about 10lbs in the last year since moving in with him and this bothers me greatly. Ive started running again to get back into shape! I have gone slowly from an 8 at uni to currently a 14 (over 5years) and this has greatly knocked my confidence. Sorry im rambling all over the place.

Know bk to the baby issue... when we decided to try I thought it would be fun and its far from it..before he would sniff round me and pester me all the time now I have to honestly beg him to come near me. To the poibt where he even given up mid way because he not in mood. He wont sleep in the same bed as me either... well in 10 days he has shared a bed with me once. He started off watchin tv in bed with me last night then went into spare room at sbout 11pm then came back about 6ish complsined that I was breathing do went bk in the other room at 7.

To which he just said 'f*cking pig' as he left the room. Feeling soo sad right now :'(

3 replies

Latest activity by Bookish, 29 of June of 2013 at 18:32
  • loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

HUGE HUGE HUGS ☹️

I totally sympathise with the weight issue. I am body dysmorphic, extremely overweight and how I look rules my life. (not in a Katie price way, I dress down and feel and look dowdy, Im a size 16/18 and have a terrible c section hang)However, good on you for starting to run again, wish I had your resolve.

The baby issue - a friend went through a similar thing, it took 2 years of trying, falling out and then just as they both decided it was putting too much of a strain on their relationship she fell pregnant. Can you speak to your partner about how you feel? And maybe he could talk about how he feels too? If you can get past that barrier without arguing and accept each others point of view maybe you then need to put the fun back into the intimate side of your relationship. Maybe a weekend away somewhere where you can have fun together and realise why you are getting married.

Keep your chin up...........babies happen when you least expect it (I know from personal experience) and you have something so positive to occupy you both with your wedding

Good luck xx

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Huge hugs!

It sounds like you have 2 very seperate issues. Well done with the running, that'll help boost your body confidence.

The other issue is the trying to conceive and the strain it is putting on your relationship. Do you think you both need to stop trying for a short time and get your relationship back on track (even if you are not using protection but not actively trying if you see what I maen?)? I think both men and women can be v sensitive about feeling the other person wants to have sex with them because they are a baby machine, rather than because they fancy them. Do you think your partner is feeling a bit like that?

I agree, a weekend away or intimate weekend at home where both discussions about weddings and trying to conceive are banned could be a good start? xx

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    ClaireKB ·
    • Hide content

I've put on a lot of weight since the beginning of our relationship (at one point I'd gone from a size 8 to a size 20) so I do sympathise. I'm a bit taken aback by your OH's reaction though, I can't imagine my OH ever calling me names about my weight or appearance because he knows how much it would hurt. With the trying for the baby and the wedding planning, I imagine there's a lot of strain on your relationship right now, but him lashing out at you isn't going to help matters; I agree with the others that you need to talk about it with him. Maybe he thinks he's motivating you to lose weight and not realise he's making you sad?

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

I read this a few weeks ago and keep thinking of you. I hope everything is ok xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics