Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2020

Catering needed but no kitchen!

BlueDiamonds728, 3 of December of 2019 at 14:09 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello!

We're getting married in June 2020 in a barn in London that we absolutely love but have 1 major challenge- it has no catering facilities Smiley sad

It's a listed building and they don't allow gas on the premises so any cooking has to be done outside. They've told us that caterers usually set-up a mobile kitchen in the courtyard & cook there. There's a room between the courtyard & the barn which has electricity & a couple of sinks which can be used for prep, plating up etc.

We don't need any furniture but would like the caterer to provide cutlery, crockery & linen if possible.

I've been on the hunt for a caterer since June and am really struggling now. We don't want a formal plated dinner- buffet or family sharing style is preferred. I'm finding that the costs are astronomical because most caterers are saying they have to hire in all the equipment they need. We've even considered street food vans but don't want to take the risks of guests having to go outside for food just in case it rains (but I'm sure it'll be a gloriously sunny day !!)

Not sure what to do now. Any help or suggestions gratefully received!

Thank you Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by BarryHolt, 23 of April of 2024 at 15:24
  • E
    Beginner April 2020
    Eb271 ·
    • Hide content

Would you be happy with a cold buffet? If so it might be worth asking caterers for the cost of that? Also with that option you might be able to get food from other places, I know M&S and Waitrose do party food but I assume there are lots of options.

I think food trucks could be a great idea - it depends how many guests you have but will they have to line up individually? If so maybe it's worth asking whether they can do platters / sharing dishes as well / instead of their usual dishes - these should be easier to transport if it does rain and cut down on waiting time.

• B
    Beginner June 2020
    BlueDiamonds728 ·
    • Hide content

Ideally we'd like hot food - but am beginning to think that cold food may be the only way to go.

I will get back in touch with some of the food truck to see if they are able to do sharing platters- good shout. Thanks!

• B
    Beginner June 2020
    BlueDiamonds728 ·
    • Hide content

Ideally we'd like hot food Smiley smile Hopefully it's be a lovely warm day but I think even our all day guests will appreciate a hot meal Smiley smile

Good shout on the food trucks- I'll get back in touch to see if they can offer sharing platters x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I did write you a reply with a couple of suggestions, but it was not posted - I guess maybe the forum doesn't like links being included?

When we were looking at organising our own caterers, we did find a couple of companies that did food from vans and would also either do table service or buffet service. Might be worth looking at something like that. Free Range Pies was one company and we also looked at a couple that did hog roasts, so perhaps search along those lines?

• B
    Beginner April 2024 Abu Dhabi
    BarryHolt ·
    • Hide content

When faced with the necessity for catering but lacking a kitchen, finding suitable solutions becomes paramount. Whether it's an intimate gathering or a corporate event, the absence of kitchen facilities can pose logistical challenges. However, innovative catering services adeptly navigate such obstacles, offering diverse menus and adaptable setups to ensure a seamless dining experience. From elegant weddings to bustling conferences, these services transform any venue into a culinary haven, their expertise transcending the absence of traditional kitchen amenities. Even in spaces devoid of granite countertops Palm Coast FL , these catering professionals bring forth culinary delights, showcasing creativity and finesse in every dish served.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics