Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

What questions should I ask my suppliers?

SunnyPurpleHair80458, 20 of May of 2018 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 3

So, we're all pretty new to this. I am Matron of Honour at my friends wedding next year.

Most of us don't go to or get involved in many weddings. So, I am just curious.

What questions should we ask our suppliers? My friend's burning question is "How do I know you'll turn up?"

Your help much appreciated as we need to start booking stuff now! x

3 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 31 of May of 2018 at 12:11
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Questions differ depending on what the supplier is - Hitched has some really good articles on lists of questions. However, I wouldn't walk in with a list of 40 questions - most can be answered as part of a general conversation with the supplier, and pick out the important ones. If a supplier is vague or cagey, I would be concerned.

I think the big questions that are quite generic tend to be - "Do you have relevant insurance/licenses", "What are the back up plans", and "What exactly is include in the service that we are paying for".

Regarding the "will you turn up", reviews are going to be your biggest help. If they are on Hitched or Bridebook, I'd suggest they would be pretty reliable to become an approved supplier. Check out Facebook and Google reviews as well - don't just rely on testimonies on their website. Also, do they have a good deposit system? If they want a deposit now, and the rest over the remainder of time, then that seems reasonable. If they wanted everything now, would be wary (unless the wedding is very soon!).

Hope this helps!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Can I see a copy of your contract with us....

Peter

• Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand
    Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand ·
    • Hide content

Make sure that your supplier draws up a contract with you that you and the supplier have signed in advance.

Also establish an address that is genuinely the suppliers contact address or place of business. In our case we send out two signed booking contracts by post to the bride/groom and ask them to countersign and return one copy at the same time making a deposit payment. This establishes the validity of both our address and the bride/groom's address - an important thing to do if there are any legal disputes later (like the supplier not turning up!).

Our contracts include the following details:

Our address and phone number
    Title of Event
    Date and Time of Event
    Services to be Provided
    Place of Event
    Contact Details of the Venue Contact
    Name. Address, telephone num of the booker (Bride/Groom normally)

Statement of the fee and required deposit along with the details of what happens if cancellation by either party occurs.

Our band has been performing at weddings for over 8 years. We've had one couple cancel their wedding and we returned their full deposit as it was well before our declared deadline. We have never cancelled a wedding booking or failed to turn up.

Hope this helps

thanks

Dave

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

My pet peeve is no address or landline on websites, mobile phone numbers are disposable so a landline is a must.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics