Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

People think I am odd...

daisymoo86, 15 of July of 2014 at 12:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 52

I don't drink water (I don't like the taste of it) so I have to have flavoured water or squash etc.

I don't eat veg. Really bad I know.

I don't have butter/marg on my sandwiches.

So when I tell people of my dietary habits people think I am odd. (Fully aware I am)

So the question is, what strange habits do you have that make people think you are a tad odd?

52 replies

Latest activity by ~Peanut~, 18 of July of 2014 at 21:03
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My boss also hates butter/marg, and in fact any kind of sauce, dressing or basically anything moist. She likes her food to be dry. DRY!

I think the main thing with me is my OCD-type habits with food. I was describing at work the other day how if I were to eat skittles, I would have to tip the bag out, organise them into colours and then eat them in rotation. I also mentioned that if I'm eating something like a box of chocolates, I have to leave an even number in the box (although five is okay). I'm sure lots of people do that, but everyone here stared at me as if I was mental.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's because it is rank! Greasy food *retch*. Even more gross is butter on bacon butties. Heart attack here they come...

I don't like tea or coffee. I will have jasmine tea if in the right mood -especially if hungover

I like to eat as much food as possible with a spoon. I try not to do it in public as it makes me look like a child.

Mayo is the work of satan. I don't like to even think about it

I change my underwear at least twice a day

Don't worry, l know l am odd!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I don't like the taste of water either. Always have squash or fizzy water on my desk at work.

I think MF is weird because he doesn't like tea.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I don't like water either. Seems we aren't that odd!!

I hate tomatoes and bananas.

I won't eat yoghurts with bits in.

I love the smell of coffee but hate the flavour.

I can put anything in a sandwich and I mean anything.

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do this! If there is an uneven number I eat them in colour order (red, orange, yellow, green, purple), until there is an even number of Skittles colours.

I do like water and drink vast amounts because I don't like having a dry mouth. I can't think of anything else weird at the mo..

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I hate instant coffee and, since I was pregnant, I can't drink tea. As most people only have instant coffee in their house, I'll always go without when offered a tea or a coffee, except when I'm at someone's house who I know has a coffee machine!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I have a really weird compulsion to count the number of "lines" in a word in my head..if it doesn't add up to 20, I have to do it again in another font or draw a box around it -

eg - EAGLE with a box around it = 20.

Okay, that's made me sound really weird!!

Sometimes, just to annoy me, my OH will be sitting their and should out a long/obscure word knowing I'll sit and 'work it out' in my head..

?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my OH!! He doesn't like garlic, spices, chilli, herbs or any flavouring/sauce on his food. He says its polluting the natural taste. He can just about cope with a bit of gravy on a sunday lunch. He can eat just a dry chicken breast without so much as a sip of water. I find it sucks all the moisture out of my mouth. I tell him this is weird on a regular basis.

The only thing I can think of which other people find odd about me is I can't stand eating/drinking noises. Or kissing noises. If I'm in a restaurant and am eating too I can just about cope. But say I'm sat on the tube and someone next to me is eating a bag of crisps I have to move. When I was younger I used to eat separately to my family as my mum's false teeth made awful chompy noises as they didn't fit properly. It made me feel ill. If I'm watching tv/a film and there is a romantic scene I have to cover my ears to block out any schleppy noises.

And I don't like cheese or coffee. Bleurgh.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think I get this....

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'll like being in my house - I don't even have instant coffee in my house. I do have 5 different types of coffee machine coffee though.

I don't think it's "weird" per say, but I can't eat anything with a popping texture. Like beans, peas & sweetcorn. It's the hard shell with the grainy inner - gives me the heebie jeebies.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

E=4, A=3, L=2, W=4, O=1 etc etc

As in the lines that make up each letter

The 'box' is literally this -

It's so weird I can't even explain it properly!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

It took me a while to get it, but now I do. I'm also trying not to think about it in case I start doing it too! I'm terrible for picking these things up. I count steps and paving stones sometimes, but I try not to cos it leads to tripping up!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Oh gosh where to start?!

I don't eat tomatoes (I say I'm allergic because it's easier) because they make me retch or even properly throw up.

I also don't like onions - I can take them cut up small in things, or the flavour of them, but the slimy texture is just weird - and I tend to eat everything on my plate separately rather than pile things together.

Around the house, and at work, I have certain orders for things: everything has its place and must go back there, and that even extends to a coaster on my desk (when I'm in an office). That sounds fairly normal, but I can get a little bit OCD about it. e.g. if OH makes tea and then doesn't put the jar back so that "Tea" is facing out into the room, like the Coffee and Sugar jars, it makes me really uncomfortable until I can change it back!

I don't like stepping on cracks in pavements, or the cement between paving slabs, I can't walk over three drains (where they're all together) and I always lift my feet in the car when going over a cattle grid (I have to really sternly talk to myself if I'm driving so as not to it) - all of that little lot about grids and pavements are from childhood.

• *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

I can't sit next to someone if they eat loudly. I don't think it's weird I think people should eat quietly!

I don't eat anything that lives in the sea - they swim in their own poo!!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I’m a total freaky eater. I hate any kind of sauce especially ketchup. Food has to taste of what it should be. I hate ‘wet’ food like casseroles and soup. I can’t stand the texture of fruit or any other food that squishes, just the thought of eating an orange makes my skin crawl.

I hate cinnamon with a passion. And I hate spices (taste and smell, Basil makes me gag), so I don’t eat Indian or Chinese or any takeaway other than chips.

Oh and I’m allergic to nuts and eggs. And don’t eat meat. I live on ‘beige’ food.

I’m a delight to take out for a meal. OH on the other hand is a total foodie!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do this too!

I hate tea and very rarely drink coffee, people at work seem to find this very odd. I don't dislike water but I much prefer to have squash so I've always got a bottle at work.

The odd thing though I guess is that I don't drink much at all. I can quite easily go all day without drinking anything. I actually have to make a conscious effort to drink anything.

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

Think my worst thing is celery - I hate it, the taste, the smell, everything! can't have it near me, can't have it in my house and if someone cooks me something with it in it I can't eat it!! Luckily, my closest friends know this about me now and will leave celery out!

There are others, but can't think of them just now!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

? ? ?

Been laughing so much I had to explain to the husband.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But, but, but MALTEASERS!!!!!!! ?

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't believe I missed this before - I totally do this. Except sometimes I'm a rebel and alternate eating yellows or greens with an orange. Oooh I'm so nonconformist ?

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I don't like coffee, tea or fruit juice. I either drink water or sometimes diet coke. People keep telling me when I get older ill like it but so far not yet!

I could easily live on toasties. Or just toast. Every single day.

I don't like really rich food or anything fancy with lots of spices or things.

If I eat chocolate cake it HAS to be warm.

I eat in rotation and like to have a little of everything left till the last bite.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I imagine numbers as colours. 1 is red, 2blue, 3 yellow, 4 orange ,5 red, 6 purple, 7 yellow, 8 black, 9 pink 10 green

Other numbers have colours too, if I'm asked one I just picture it in my head.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is an actual thing! I can't remember what it's called though, something like synthesesia?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just googled it- I had no idea it was a thing!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's really interesting, I seem to have a lot of the traits from reading a few bits about it. Who knew!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I have to smell any food I don't cook or make before I eat it.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I DO THIS!!! Swear to god you're the first person i've seen who also does this!! Have mentioned this before in weird habits posts haha!

I do it with everything to the point even watching tv my mind wanders to make of the tv, words on dvd's etc....glad i'm not the only weirdo haha Smiley laugh

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is Mr Erin!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a OCD thing for tea coffee sugar jars, they HAVE to go in that order and if they don't face front I turn them slightly.

I don't drink regular tap water it has to be bottled flavoured water.

Melted/mishaped chocolate goes in the bin I don't eat it.

My duvet has to be tucked down the sides of the bed and the pillows on top and the cushions propped against the pillows. If my OH makes the bed and does it wrong I pull it out and starts again.

I love uncooked sage and onion stuffing, if it's left on side to go in the oven you can guarantee I'll start picking at it.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Malteasers are CRUNCHY - totally different!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

What a massive bunch of weirdos! ?

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I have to have volume on an even number or a number ending in 5 and the jars / tins in my cupboards have to face the front.

I also get unreasonably angry when Mr J9 puts something in the wrong place in the fridge. I like to keep all sandwich stuff on one shelf, all yogurts on another etc.

When MrJ9 does the dusting he moves all of my toiletries and stuff and doesn't put them back in the right place! They're all arranged in nice neat lines and when he's finished with them they're all over the place. I even tell him to not bother with my areas and I'll do it myself but he still does it! I swear he does it to wind me up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics