Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

freb2reh
Beginner July 2011

Hen night, who paid/pays?

freb2reh, 14 of March of 2011 at 17:57 Posted on Planning 0 7

This may sound like a soft question but as it says 'who paid/pays?'

I am only having a small and probably fairly tame Hen night. Probably a nice meal, one or two ribeenas too many followed by a bit of a dance somewhere.

There aren't going to be many of us, and so I was just wondering whether I should pick up the tab or not? If not maybe I could provide some bubbles or maybe even OH will treat us?!

So, would love to know what your plans are, or for any OM's who got the tab?

7 replies

Latest activity by moonpie1985, 14 of March of 2011 at 19:24
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

The majority of every hen party that I've organised or have been on has been paid for by the hens. Often we've not accepted a penny from the bride. The only time this has changed has been where the bride has organised it herself and has gone for expensive choices.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it is your responsibility to pay, although if you wanted to and could afford it then it's a nice gesture! I have heard some Maids of Honour/hen-party organiser ask the hens to chip in a little bit extra to cover the costs of the Bride though. I didn't like to ask mine when I last saw her and she hasn't mentioned anything so I am just paying my way (which is fine of course!) Smiley smile I think we will end up at my place after Afternoon Tea but before we go out though, so I'll probably lay on some nibbles.

That's what annoys me about shows like Don't Tell the Bride... how come the hen party is always included in the budget, when I'm sure in 99% of hen parties the hens pay for themselves?! (This thread could prove me wrong though!)

• MrsL'Cham2be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsL'Cham2be ·
    • Hide content

In my experience of going to hen party's the bride hen hasn't paid or has only paid when they have snuck to the bar themself. I plan to take my own cash out with me because I wouldn't expect to paid for all night but I think you'll find you rarely if ever have to pay for any drinks and possibly/probably the meal also.

• victoriamarie
    Beginner July 2011
    victoriamarie ·
    • Hide content

Everyone is paying equally except me, I'm putting more towards mine. Am organising myself as MOH hasn't showed an interest in organising it.

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that, very helpful. My ignorance is mostly due to the fact that I am something of a golden oldie these days and so rather out the loop! A Hen do virgin even! Not for long though, as I have two this year. My own, a little way off yet, and a good friends in just a couple of weeks. Bit like buses I guess ?

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

My hen party wanted to pay for me but I have refused. It's enough that they are spending in excess of £200 each to spend the weekend with me! I had a local hen do a couple of weeks ago and didn't pay for any drinks, so that was a nice touch! I guess it just depends whether your hens want to pay and if you are willing to let them.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Not the hen in my experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics