Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2017

Family causing hell

SunnyRedConfetti830, 12 of May of 2017 at 07:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

So not sure if this is in the correct area of the forum but needed somewhere to rant! Been with my other half for eight years and getting married this august, I moved 54 miles away from home to were he is from so getting married here as this is my home now. We aren't showy people at all so getting married in a registry office and having a small reception then heading on our honeymoon the next day and my family have started causing hell, not happy they aren't invited to the ceremony, making everything all about them and I am two clicks away from cancelling the lot and just going away ourselves to get married, Surley other people's family are like this and it's not just my crazy lot? ?

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyPurpleCars799, 19 of May of 2017 at 06:24
  • V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Yep-I don't have a single family member coming to my wedding, but they are all heading off for my sisters wedding

• S
    Beginner August 2017
    SunnyRedConfetti830 ·
    • Hide content

It's a nightmare I am kind of hoping they don't show to save all the drama

• H
    HappyPurpleCars799 ·
    • Hide content

I don't envy your situation but it is true: many families just appear out of the woodwork and raise hell, generally around weddings and funerals. It's quite bizarre. I know plenty of people who've just upped and set off into the sunset together, and had their own perfect personal wedding without all the headaches. I truly understand your sentiment.

I'm due to get married later this year or early next and while my family may be a bit of a problem I'm hoping (HOPING) it'll be fine. I hope everything goes well for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics