Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2017

Getting Married with Dogs

HappyBlueCars518, 2 of May of 2016 at 15:15 Posted on Planning 0 6

HI Me and my partner have decided that we are going to get married we are looking to get married October 2017 in cumbria when we have some friends over from Germany there will be me and my partner and about 6 - 10 guests but we want to have our 2 dogs share the special day with us does any one know of anywhere that does this thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by lavenderblue , 15 of May of 2016 at 13:22
  • Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine got married at auchen castle in moffat, scotland. That was in july and they were allowed to take theire to dogs with them there.

was a lovely venue aswell.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I cant help directly with the venue but I have shot a few weddings that involve bride and grooms dogs and only last week I had a Friday and Saturday wedding and each had their dog as the ring barer.

But what I wanted to say was that whenever I have seen a dog at the wedding it has always been a friend who is looking after the dog and once the ceremony is over and after a few photos the dog is then taken home or sometimes the dog will visit the afternoon reception to say hello.

I don't know if you were thinking in terms of keeping the dog all day but if it is just for a shorter time you may not then need a "fully" dog friendly dog venue which should make your search easier.

• H
    Beginner October 2017
    HappyBlueCars518 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i will have a look at auchen castle x

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I can't help with specific venues I'm afraid but I just googled for dog friendly hotels when I was looking for our reception venue. The others I liked the look of, I emailed to see if we could bring them. There were several that said they could be there for the ceremony and/or drinks reception but would have to go when the food was served.

• H
    Beginner October 2017
    HappyBlueCars518 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i'll have a look x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We also want our dog involved, so far a few of the fields we've emailed won't allow dogs, I remember ranting for about an hour about one place that was literally a field and nothing else not allowing dogs. If you include wanting your dogs there in original contacts and how long you'll want them there for then you'll get an honest answer. Some venues have it on their website some may make an exception if they're going home early.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married at the Cruin and her dog was a groomsman at the ceremony. She had rented a cottage nearby and he stayed there the rest of the day with people going to check on him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics