Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2013

Your cakes - Traditional tiers, cupcakes, cakepops?

MissMeaghan, 17 of April of 2012 at 10:12 Posted on Planning 0 33

Just wondering what style of cake people are having? Im still so undecided! And flashes welcome so I can drool ?❤️

33 replies

Latest activity by dorchanthing, 18 of April of 2012 at 07:08
  • B
    Beginner April 2012
    Barnesy2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had 100 Lemon cup cakes and its all people have been talking about since the big day!!

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MissMeaghan ·
    • Hide content

OMG those lemon cakes look amazing love any type of lemon cake and they look so cute! Definitely swayed me towards cupcakes!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Traditional tiers for us, so excited. Fruit on the bottom, chocolate in the middle, carrot on the top. I LOVE my cake:

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

CHEESE! 11kg of the stuff!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We are having a tower of cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla marbled, with a chocolate top tier. They will decorated with sunflowers on but no piccies yet.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissM

We had both - traditional for the day and cupcakes for the evening!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yum Yum Cricks!!! My idea of heaven!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

For our wedding abroad, we're having a tower of mini cupcakes in vanilla, chocolate, coconut and white choc & strawberry with a cutting cake in some kind of dark chocolate:

For our home reception, we have 300 people to feed, so we're having a traditional tiered cake in some kind of novelty beach theme e.g:

Plus beachy cake pops like one of these two:

Plus a big cake of cheese like Cricks'.

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MissMeaghan ·
    • Hide content

I did wonder how long it would take for someone to say they were having a cheese tower haha that looks amazing! Also love the beachy cake pops. Any type of cake pops make me dribble they always look so delicious! ?

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 3 tiers of m&s sponge on a tiered stand (not on top of each other iykwim) then wrapping ribbon and putting a diamante brooch on. Had a mock up with a little fruit cake last night and it looked good!

Also having an extra fruit cake from tesco (less than half the price of m&s) for cutting and putting out. Hopefully no-one will notice it's not been there all along!

I would've loved cupcakes/pops but it's about the only thing oh has put his foot down on. Weirdo!

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'm still undecided, it's either going to be a three tier pretty cake or a top tier with cupcakes underneath.

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

We're having a 3 tier victoria sponge with buttercream and raspberry jam (OH's favourite).

The flowers and ribbon are more of a dusky pink but will be along the same lines of this;

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Not having a tarditional wedding cake as they are very much style of substance IMO and think food should taste great as well as look good.

Similarly not having cupcakes as cupcakes to me are not very special they just reminds me of baking as a young child with my mum or at school they are too easy to make so i dont really get this cupcake fad as to me its just a simple childs playtime food.

So we are having a cheese cake to serve with bread and crackers as our evening snack,

Something like this

And having mini pattiserie style cakes something like this

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I'm another cheese tower bride, but we're having that in addition to a more traditional cake with sponge layers of lemon, ginger and coffee.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

We are having a 'traditional' tiered cake, a tier of fruit and then 2 other tiers which will be 2 flavours in each - as yet undecided, their range is amazing - next week they are sending out samples of about 8 different flavours - best delivery of the whole wedding IMO! design isn't totally traditional though - its a hexagonal bespoke design (so no pics to flash I'm afraid) inspired by faberge and the Brighton Pavilion - its decadent to the max!!

On the night for pudding with the evening bbq we are having individual portions of cakes made by my austrian friend who runs a tea shop... they will be tripple choc brownies, apple and custard strudel, rhubard crumble muffins, apricot and almond choux buns and apple and raspberry cake - theyare so good!

James - I love your patisery style cakes - I would be a chuffed guest to get them and cheese! we were going to have acheese cake too - but

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having all three - an elegant looking three tier one with a different flavour for each tier, some cupcakes for the evening buffet for my oh as he loves buttercream and toy story cake pops for the children ?

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

My cousin and aunt are making my cake. It going to be a Hobbiton Cake! It'll either be spectacular or a complete disaster, I can't wait either way! This is the picture I've given them to base it on.

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a two-tier cake-the top half will be sponge and the bottom half will be fruit. We're having yellow ribbon with small white flowers on 1 cake and blue ribbon with small white flowers on the other. This'll tie in with our theme which is blue and yellow.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sep12Bride ·
    • Hide content

This is what my cake is going to look like, it will have one layer of victoria sponge with jam and buttercream, a layer of chocolate cake with ganache, a traditional fruitcake and a fake tier!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Old married here!

We had this tower of desserts on a chocolate coated stand....the website doesnt do it any favours really. We didn't have the blue flowers and chose from a selection of flavours. Think we had around four different variations on flavour, all served with raspberry coulis but I can't remember the flavours now! (got married winter 2007)

http://www.savoirdesign.com/

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, just seem Funkyjameseo's post. That's a better photo of the desserts. They looked amazing in the flesh and had sparkly shimmer on some of the choc decorations. They were yummy, everyone loved them and couldn't wait to tuck in!!

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

We're having cupcakes on a selection of vintage cake stands and a cutting fruitcake, hopefully they'll look like this

• lady_chilli
    Beginner November 2013
    lady_chilli ·
    • Hide content

I think were going to have cupcakes with a top tier so we can cut the cake. Haha only just heard of cakepops, had to google it after seeing the title! How cool are they?!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

We're having a 4 tiered wedding cake like this but with lilies cascading down it (made by OH's 93 year old grandfather!!)

Then we are having a tower of cupcakes (made by my dad) something like these, but without the dasies

And finally I am getting a cheese cake for OH as he loves cheese, but he doesn't know about it ?

What with our candy buffet and all this, I think guests might have a slight sugar high ?

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a tiered cake but making cupcakes for the evening sweet table. They will be something like this

Although this was only my second attempt so hoping they will be much better!!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I have been looking for loads of pretty flowers, jewels etc to jazz them up a bit ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a dessert bar with 6 normal 10-inch cakes of different flavours, plus 2 flavours of cupcakes, an assortment of petit fours, chocolates, and sweets. I've got 4 cake stands and lots of english country garden style jars so far, and I just need a few for cake plates for cupcakes and cakes. We're hoping for something like this, but twice as big, and with the sweets jars placed here and there between the cakes.

• charliebucket
    Beginner May 2013
    charliebucket ·
    • Hide content

We are having a cupcake tower with a chocolate cake ontop similar to the brown one with red roses in the picture ?

• D
    Beginner
    dorchanthing ·
    • Hide content

Hi... Its really wonder full.. all the cakes are looking so delicious. Specially the lemon one. Its rally amazing.......??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics