Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WelshTotty
Beginner December 2014

Antibiotics - do they totally wipe you out?

WelshTotty, 19 of January of 2009 at 21:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Ok Im due for my last of 4 today at about 11pm, so Ive taken 3 already. I feel totally floored, not with it, shattered and a very fuzzy in the head! Is it likely to be the antibiotics or is it just cos my poorly badness has got worse?

Its been about 5 years since Ive had antibiotics and I cant really remember what I felt like as the bronchitus I had at the time led me to end up in hospital.

Every muscle in my torso aches everytime I cough and Ive got to the point (TMI) where I think Im in need of Tenalady as the coughing is not doing my pelvic floor any good either.

Anyway is it likely that 3 tablets would have this effect on me so soon?

9 replies

Latest activity by WelshTotty, 19 of January of 2009 at 22:13
  • DaisyDaisy
    DaisyDaisy ·
    • Hide content

Funny you should post this as I've been having a really similar problem with some that I have never had before (the wiping out that is). I'm takingNitrofuratonin, and I get totally floored. Feel fuzzy, bit sick, really really tired.

According to my Dad it does happen with some.

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

Yep, I'm exactly the same. It's nearly 3.15 here and I've only just managed to get dressed. The ABs I'm on for bronchitis & pneumonia are not only wiping me out, but making me dizzy, and giving me this horrendous metallic taste in my mouth ?

And sadly I'm the same as you with how you're feeling .. including the Tenalady requirements ?

Hope you're better soon ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Oh strange thats its happening to you too, Im on Erythromycin (which Ive had before as Im allergic to penecilin) But Ive never been zonked before. I need to eat an hour after taking them and TBH theyve wiped out my appetite too, so I dont feel like eating but I know I have to.

Its wierd.

Hope you feel better soon DD

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Oh Gawd Peaches, that sounds ruff, hope you get better soon my lovely. What a set we all are!

(I was worrying that I might be getting old with the need for Tenalady, but Im conforted knowing that Im not alone there bless you!)

x

• Crantock
    Dedicated June 2005
    Crantock ·
    • Hide content

I was on Erythromycin and Metronidazole a few weeks ago, and they made me feel really dizzy and odd at times.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well 4 people is confirmation enough for me that they wipe you out. Heres to feeling spaced out for the next few days then!

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

I'm allergic to Penicillin too, so I've been put on Clarithromycin

I've just looked at the side effects again, and now I realise why my period pain painkillers aren't helping. It's probably a side effect from the ABs - awful cramps.

Don't you just love being sick? They give you stuff to make you better, and you end up feeling crapper than a crap thing living in Crapville. Gah ?

I've done nothing today other than sleep, take pictures of the cat, sleep, ignore phone calls, doze .. and dress.

Get well vibes for everyone.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Im the same Peaches, done bugger all, except drink water, cough, pull muscles, cough some more, feel spaced out and doze. I hate it

I second your proposal, with a great big GET WELL SOON FOLKS xx

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

Can I join the club?

I'm on Metronidazole and Doxycyclin plus mefanemic acid painkillers. I took my first doses this morning and 30 mins later was so nauseous I puked a bit.

Then I discovered I should have eaten before the tablets, not afterwards - doh!

But I'm not exactly all there right now.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

*welcomes alison to the dozy and sick feeling antiB club*

Ive just checked mine again and mine are deffo to be taken an hour before eating, quite what Im going to do after I take my last one at 11pm I dont know, cos I sure as hell wont feel like food at midnight!

Hope youre feeling better soon too alison. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics