Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2020

Bought dress online, how to tell/show mom?

SunnyOrangeStationery94266, 5 of November of 2018 at 14:14 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1

Question in the title really. I fell in love with a dress I saw online over a year ago. It’s a Stella York 6176 (love all of it, it’s exactly what I’ve always wanted especially the sleeves) no longer made and hardly sold anywhere. When I managed to find one it was one of 2 dresses both samples and one was hardly worn at all. It’s ivory and in my size (I had too buy it!) I asked about the price and it was £500 down from £1500 the store said it had minor pilling underside of train (I looked and looked couldn’t see it feel any at all, Over the moon!)

I haven’t told my mother I’ve bought the dress, let alone tried it on and fallen even more in love with it. Our wedding isn’t until June 2020 but as the dress hasn’t been made for a few years it was only going to get harder to find!

How would people go about showing/telling their mothers?! My mum doesn’t like shopping as it is so I doubt she’d have been too enthusiastic about coming with me (I don’t like shopping either, so I understand fully!) I just don’t know how to show her and it’s getting me super worked up!

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticRedCars37253, 5 of January of 2019 at 08:27
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you invite her round for lunch or dinner (send fiance out!) and when she arrives just tell her you have something to show her - then walk out in the dress! You could even get a bottle of prosecco or something in to make it a special moment!

By the way, it's a beautiful dress!

Enjoy! X

• R
    Beginner September 2019
    RomanticRedCars37253 ·
    • Hide content

This a nice dress, you just tell your mom you got a big discount.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics