Rescheduled wedding to August 15th 2020 and now need to plan a garden wedding - any advice

KateDPlanBWedding
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:37

Rescheduled wedding to August 15th 2020 and now need to plan a garden wedding - any advice

So the big dream wedding in a gorgeous barn with 100 guests did not happen in April. Plan B is a garden party for 50 at home in August this year and to be honest we're still not sure if it'll go ahead. 

But...on the off chance it does, is anyone else organising a garden party? Any top tips? We dont have a massive garden or a big budget but our original caterer is doing the food so all we have to do is is decorating, entertainment and drinks. 

• Posted: 1 Jul 2020 10:41

Re: Rescheduled wedding to August 15th 2020 and now need to plan a garden wedding - any advice

Currently you can only have 6 people from different households in a garden, therefore 50 people in a garden at once is considered a gathering and therefore against the guidance. I only say this because my August wedding has been postponed and we had planned a woodland wedding with a small one side open barn. This venue, still can only allow 6 people from different households afterwards and therefore anymore is deemed against it. The venue could be fined as well as yourselves in the garden. 

• Posted: 1 Jul 2020 11:53

Re: Rescheduled wedding to August 15th 2020 and now need to plan a garden wedding - any advice

Yes venues can be finned but you did say .on the off chance it can go ahead. There is so much about the whole situation that does not make sense, only 6 people from different households in your back garden but if your back garden was a pub from Saturday you could have as many as will fit with social distancing.

Covid aside I think garden wedding receptions are great but one thing you may need to think about are porta loos or - posh loos ( not the blue box). Easy decorating for garden receptions are led fairy lights - the more the better. And planty of gazebos or bigger marques in case it rains.     

• Posted: 2 Jul 2020 23:58

Thank you!!!! Was thinking fairy lights. Looks like I’ll be buying lots of batteries but hope it’s really pretty. 

• Posted: 2 Jul 2020 23:58

Thank you!!!! Was thinking fairy lights. Looks like I’ll be buying lots of batteries but hope it’s really pretty. 

• Posted: 3 Jul 2020 0:01

Yes, if it was now it wouldn’t be possible. As I said, only going ahead if it’s possible and legal in 6 weeks.

• Posted: 3 Jul 2020 13:27

Make sure that you get the "rice" fairy lights they are led and come with a stiff wire that you can wind around and shape, the the battery for these also last longer. Buy shorter lengths for around the garden to run on battery  and longer lengths near to power to run from a mains adapter from inside the house, usually the string of lights themselves are waterproof but the adapter is not - so keep that inside. The battery pack you can  slip into a small parts bag. The upto 3M rice lights can run off button cells, beware when they come with batteries because in my experience they do not last long so get some extra one separately.  

Here are some ideas for you.

Put the word out to family and friend for flower pots

Gran made these buntings

Came across these letters that plug onto the light fittings.

DIY put the word out for people to save their jam jars for you.

• Posted: 5 Jul 2020 13:21

These pics are gorgeous and really inspiring!!!! One of the things we were worried about was how to serve the alcohol and the wheelbarrow is such a great idea. Was wondering about flower pots but we’re not very greenfingered so Borrowing them from family will help make it look fab without leaving us with lots of plants. Thank you!!!

• Posted: 5 Jul 2020 14:16

Glad I was a help, I did not want to "over spam" with pictures but here is a couple of other drink serve ideas.

And some more general details and ideas here wedding decorating

• Posted: 7 Jul 2020 9:38

A garden wedding is a wedding ceremony/reception which takes place in a garden. Garden ceremonies are perfectly suited to couples who have a great love for the outdoors and the styling opportunities for a garden wedding are endless. While garden weddings naturally have a slightly more relaxed feel, they can still be just as glamorous, creative and stylish as any indoor wedding. You can contact outdoor wedding planner for more perfect results.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)